• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosenthal on whether the M's can actually put it together this season

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the Low BABIP theory not just meaning bad luck. If the opposing teams do their homework and put fielders in the right and have pitchers execute their pitches it's on the hitters to adjust.

Disappointing to here the Cano quote. "All year man," as if he is implying his struggles aren't his fault. The BABIP stuff doesn't excuse him chasing pitches out of the strike zone

I agree mostly with his take on being skeptic. Like we stated in the other thread. Tired of the constant excuses. The bad play is on them and no one else.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

I brought up the hard hit ball stats a few weeks back, and knew that there would be some out there who would think it was magic/luck and all of that.

No. Hitting it hard right where they know you almost always hit it hard is not magical in the slightest.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure.

I brought up the hard hit ball stats a few weeks back, and knew that there would be some out there who would think it was magic/luck and all of that.

No. Hitting it hard right where they know you almost always hit it hard is not magical in the slightest.

THIS! It's not bad luck. luck is a made up thing. The other teams are pitching at the M's weaknesses and the M's are doing everything they can to help them.

Throwing strike 3 2 feet off of the plate and down seems to be the current favorite because our guys LOVE to swing at that one.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mans bad luck is another mans bad hitters. Same thing, just two different ways of saying it.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, seeing is believing. And what have you had to show us to believe in these last few years?

As long as those assholes in the FO are in control, there's nothing "all well" about these guys.

I will say one thing about them, though: All those magazine columnists who predicted them to make wild card and even go so far as the ALCS must be looking like total idiots right now. Hype is overrated. It all comes down to WANTING to live up to it.

<-- Hence the icon. This thing ain't going down until we get some changes in that FO.