• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosen to Dolphins

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes yes yes

Let’s all pretend trading your 10th pick last year for a 2nd and 5th is good

He was a sunk cost. At this point, whatever it cost to acquire Rosen is irrelevant. That is all there is too it. You clear the deck of Rose & get what you can.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy about this moving back they received a 2020 2nd round pick. If things go sideways they'll be in great position to find their QB next year but if Rosen becomes the guy they sped the process up. Either way depth is an issue we'll see what happens the rest of the draft and off-season. Zona also paid the bonus they have him for 6 M over 3 years plus 5th year option. Cheap backup if anything but I think he has promise still...

Derp, They don't get a 2nd rounder in 2020.
The Miami Dolphins made a big splash at quarterback Friday night, acquiring Josh Rosen in a trade with the Arizona Cardinals for a second-round selection (No. 62 overall) this year and a fifth-rounder in 2020.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, if I'm a Dolphins fan, I'm pretty excited about this. Trading the last pick in the 2nd round for a QB that was considered by most to be a top 10 prospect in 2018 is solid value at the least. Say what you want about his temperament, he's not the first QB in NFL history to be a douchebag. He's still very young, has a lot of talent to be tapped into, and unlike in Arizona, he can actually sit and learn this year behind Fitzpatrick. Nobody is expecting success from Miami this year, so there's no urgency to rush him into things, so he's getting a reset of sorts of his rookie year. Pretty good deal for them all-around.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, if I'm a Dolphins fan, I'm pretty excited about this. Trading the last pick in the 2nd round for a QB that was considered by most to be a top 10 prospect in 2018 is solid value at the least. Say what you want about his temperament, he's not the first QB in NFL history to be a douchebag. He's still very young, has a lot of talent to be tapped into, and unlike in Arizona, he can actually sit and learn this year behind Fitzpatrick. Nobody is expecting success from Miami this year, so there's no urgency to rush him into things, so he's getting a reset of sorts of his rookie year. Pretty good deal for them all-around.
I've said it before, but before the draft last year I thought Rosen was the best QB. Looking like it might actually be Baker, but one year isn't enough. I still think Rosen can be good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, but before the draft last year I thought Rosen was the best QB. Looking like it might actually be Baker, but one year isn't enough. I still think Rosen can be good.
Hard to argue that. There's no way Baker succeeds like he did if he was playing in Arizona last year. Hell, Drew Brees could've played there and he would've looked like Trevor Siemien.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell to the no. There was no reason to even try once Murray was drafted. It just potentially creates a toxic environment where feelings are likely hurt..

This was not a situation in which you had a veteran involved, a guy who has been in the league a number of years who understands how the business of the NFL works. This situation involved two young QBs who were drafted to be franchise QBs. A situation where a young new to the NFL HC who is implementing a potentially high octane offense which needs everyone on board & all the assets the Cards can muster.

For the record, I like the player the got in return for Rosen. I was hoping the Cards were going to draft him at 3-1. Grabbing Isabell a few spots before that was okay with me.
I agree. I think today you’re going to see a lot of offensive line pics.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think today you’re going to see a lot of offensive line pics.

Probably mostly 6th/7th round scrubs who have little chance to make the roster. Maybe they grab Dru Samia, guard from oklahoma.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derp, they got the 2020 2nd when they moved back with NO
Exactly my point this really didn't cost them much when you add it all up...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant wait to see the offensive explosion donw there now. SO much talent, so explosive

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with a guy like Rosen. New coach, new everything. Turn the page.

@Shaggy , @Davis_Mike

You know the Cards like I do. Do you ever think keeping both QB's would have worked?

No. The only reason was the cards handled this all wrong. Should've been more open on trading him and if no takers, keep him. Rosen's attitude could have been better at that point, but when they kept him in the dark and ended up draft Murry, it was to late.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good vid from Rosen on his departure. Seemed genuine. I liked how he informed Murray on a condo for sale.....I still have my doubts about the guy, but it looks like he's handling it with a bit of class.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geniuses. The whole lot of ya.
not really....a genius would be a poster who predicted a Super Bowl for his team a couple of years ago and assured everyone his team would draft Bosa instead of Murray. Now it's fitting you protect the shield

Tip of the cap to you Scooby, not many here squat to pee better than you.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really....a genius would be a poster who predicted a Super Bowl for his team a couple of years ago and assured everyone his team would draft Bosa instead of Murray. Now it's fitting you protect the shield

Tip of the cap to you Scooby, not many here squat to pee better than you.

I'm still under your skin from a 3 year old bold prediction.
Mission accomplished! :yes:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still under your skin from a 3 year old bold prediction.
Mission accomplished! :yes:
not really, your team wasn't that good but you should go with that to make yourself feel large

Fact is....I'm under your skin for saying years ago that more Cowboy fans in Phoenix than Card fans.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, Rosen's being judged on a rookie season where he was pushed out on the field by a bad coach that got fired after one year. Behind a putrid OL that had him running for his life on passing downs.

Rosen has the right skills. This is great value for the Phins. There's probably gonna be a yearlong tug-of-war between JR and Fitzpatrick. But some patience with the former could be well rewarded, imo.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not many here squat to pee better than you.

While working on the road a while back and maintaining my own 2nd residence, I decided sitting to pee saved me a fuck of a lot of extra bathroom cleaning.

There was a reason Pauli Walnuts always washed his hands after tying his shoes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold, Allen, and Rosen were in the same draft and all are in the AFC East now.

And combine Allen’s and Rosen’s talent together and they don’t equal Darnold’s.