• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2023 Off-Season Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Fins' preseason game. A lot of starters didn't play. The defense still played well. One of the standout players was rookie CB Cam Smith. LB Tindall and others also had a good game.

The offense was moving the ball. They just didn't finish drives with TDs. Achane played really well among others. Berrios made an impact too.
The Fins have good depth at RB along with WR. RB Brooks had some strong runs. Gaskin and Erik EZ had runs over 30 yards.
McDaniel treated it like a preseason game. In the regular season his play calling is much more challenging for defenses to deal with.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!
I'm actually happy that the Fins didn't spend on Cook. Not saying he's bad but their running back room is looking good. Every one of them can play. Hopefully Achane is ready by game one but either way lots of depth there. League should outlaw body slams no need for it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Fins' preseason game. A lot of starters didn't play. The defense still played well. One of the standout players was rookie CB Cam Smith. LB Tindall and others also had a good game.

The offense was moving the ball. They just didn't finish drives with TDs. Achane played really well among others. Berrios made an impact too.
The Fins have good depth at RB along with WR. RB Brooks had some strong runs. Gaskin and Erik EZ had runs over 30 yards.
McDaniel treated it like a preseason game. In the regular season his play calling is much more challenging for defenses to deal with.
Second game was solid I liked seeing that. Skyler was impressive as well shows that he's improving. D was lights out even the backups means coaching is top notch as advertised.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually happy that the Fins didn't spend on Cook. Not saying he's bad but their running back room is looking good. Every one of them can play. Hopefully Achane is ready by game one but either way lots of depth there. League should outlaw body slams no need for it.
I hate the rookie injury, though I did not see it.
Body slams are unneccessary and should be called for roughness.
That is the problem with pre-season games - players playing with reckless abandon!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should fins go after JT?
I am leaning towards no. He will be expensive and could also cost a high draft pick in a trade. The Fins have depth at the position. They are mostly fast and versatile RBs. I am intrigued by Brooks. He could be the best power RB on the roster. Sometimes you have to line up and overpower defenses. 6'1 235lbs and he has shown some pass catching ability.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve preferred Cook. We could’ve made a couple cuts in the RB room to save some of that money for him. We got a 2-year window where Tua doesn’t need new big money and Ramsey and Hill are still in their primes. Cook could’ve helped win an extra game or two while here IMO.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cook's ability too but he was only looking for top dollar the whole negotiating time. The Fins don't usually sell the farm for RBs.
Achane is off the chain productive. It's not a serious injury that he's dealing with. They have RBs with breakaway speed. With this roster at WR, these RBs should have some space to make plays. Also, there are some guys who can run block on the Oline. When you have Waddle, Hill, and capable #3 WRs like Berrios, it's probably a pass first offense.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Cook's ability too but he was only looking for top dollar the whole negotiating time. The Fins don't usually sell the farm for RBs.
Achane is off the chain productive. It's not a serious injury that he's dealing with. They have RBs with breakaway speed. With this roster at WR, these RBs should have some space to make plays. Also, there are some guys who can run block on the Oline. When you have Waddle, Hill, and capable #3 WRs like Berrios, it's probably a pass first offense.
He was over-priced - hence the Jets.
He was useless in the redzone - for the money not a consideration......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve preferred Cook. We could’ve made a couple cuts in the RB room to save some of that money for him. We got a 2-year window where Tua doesn’t need new big money and Ramsey and Hill are still in their primes. Cook could’ve helped win an extra game or two while here IMO.
Why the Patriots did not sign Cook:
"On third and fourth down, with three yards or less to go for a first down, Cook was rarely used in Minnesota.
He had six such attempts in 2022, and he picked up a first down on three of those (50 percent success rate, 38th among qualifiers). Elliott had 29 of those attempts with a success rate of 69 percent (16th among qualifiers)."

"On the goal line? More of the same. Elliott was better. On 11 attempts from the two-yard line or closer, he had eight touchdowns and his percentage of positive-EPA plays (81.8) was third-best in the NFL. On nine attempts for Cook, he had two touchdowns and a positive-EPA play percentage of just 22.2 percent."

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT I like, but price would likely be high, but never hurts to see what they can do. In regard to Cook or JT, I would go JT, he is a lot younger, but on flip side more costly. I'm expecting Colts to over value him in trade negations. Negative is he has a ton of miles on him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different note:
We saw a dominant performance by the Fins last week 28-3. The Fins starters played more.
The Fins starters will play some vs the Jags. The Jags will probably play their starters more in this game. It wouldn't surprise me if the Fins still win in the game. There is a lot of talent on the Fins roster.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance went to Boys for 4th rounder. Not sure if Fins missed a good buy there, Tua is one hit away for retirement.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
Trey Lance went to Boys for 4th rounder. Not sure if Fins missed a good buy there, Tua is one hit away for retirement.
Definitely worth taking a flyer on but he's just not seeing the game in front of him. He may end up a major bust. Fins don't have a lot of picks to throw around either.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not seem like much but considering the salary dump, that is a lot......
Yes money is the issue but he's still young. Apparently he's willing to take less to get away from the colts. Fins may be able to make it work if this is the case. If it's short term they can find the money but more than a few years would be tough as everything will hit the fan by then.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost, they need to get Wilkins signed.