• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roseanne and The Conners

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at the political side of Roseanne and the "backlash" it seems to be getting because of a pro-Trump angle. It got some of the highest rated viewership and everyone is throwing up outrage that it has this pro-Trump angle, or that Roseanne is a Trump supporter both in the show and in real life.

Hollywood and the media STILL don't get it. Even after their epic loss in the 2016 election they still don't understand that conservatism is still out there. Shocked at the high ratings? Just like they were shocked in November '16 when Trump won. But here is to another at least 2 years of them telling us how the majority hates Trump and all things conservative and how the conservative is an extinct ideology in this day and age.

But regardless of the shows political standpoint, nowadays even though sitcoms aren't as popular as they were in the 80s and 90s they all have some sort of political stance, just that it being Hollywood it usually as a slanted left angle and they poke fun at the right. Now that there is actually a show out there that pokes fun at the left its blasphemy.

it is funny. I could care less of Roseanne's political view point both on the show and in real life, I would still watch the show even if she was a political Jill Stein activist, don't really care. Really, wish they'd just leave the political stance of the show re airing out of the media storylines, because now everyone feels they have to take a side on the show. Let's just enjoy nostalgia.

When is the home improvement reboot happening? Now that would be fun

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for Wonder Years.
Oh...my...

latest

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still funny but it almost seems like its cramming too many social issues in at once and not letting any of them really simmer. I think they literally hit a dozen social issues in the last episode i saw.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still funny but it almost seems like its cramming too many social issues in at once and not letting any of them really simmer. I think they literally hit a dozen social issues in the last episode i saw.

I like what they're doing with the show. Keep in mind Roseanne is a Trump supporter.

Reactions: GNG

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/29: Roseanne (ABC), previously renewed after its revival season was a huge hit for the network, has been abruptly canceled after its star made a controversial comment on social media.

Tuesday, that all came crashing down. ABC abruptly canceled “Roseanne” hours after Ms. Barr, the show’s star and co-creator, posted a racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett, an African-American woman who was a senior adviser to Barack Obama throughout his presidency and considered one of his most influential aides. Ms. Barr wrote if the “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/29: Roseanne (ABC), previously renewed after its revival season was a huge hit for the network, has been abruptly canceled after its star made a controversial comment on social media.

Tuesday, that all came crashing down. ABC abruptly canceled “Roseanne” hours after Ms. Barr, the show’s star and co-creator, posted a racist tweet about Valerie Jarrett, an African-American woman who was a senior adviser to Barack Obama throughout his presidency and considered one of his most influential aides. Ms. Barr wrote if the “muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.”

Oh well. Can't offend Alt Left Hollywood. They own everything there. Those are the rules.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they cancel this today post a tweet of hers

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned in the cancelled TV show thread......it's a silly decision by ABC to cancel the show.....instead they could have just fired Rosanne and killed off her character, and re-title the show as "The Connors".

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just waiting for something to happen to end that show.

It was too successful for them considering the politics it was siding
with.

They can say ABC and technically they are correct, but they got the
immediate word from Disney to dump it.

Damn...The prices at the Magic Kingdom have been climbing faster
than they can lay off ESPN employees, I wonder what will happen
now that they've lost another money maker.

I ain't going above the current 125.00 per day.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No defending Roseanne. Can't post racist shit. But the other story here is the double standard when it comes to politics in Hollywood.

You can be racist, homophobic, anti Christian etc..and keep your job in Hollywood.

7ov4uarv0z011.jpg