• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roseanne and The Conners

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your Dad have Alzheimer's? Mine does, we should get them together. Save on diapers
His mom is just beginning to slip into its clutches.

She always remembers me. Hurts me to see her forget most everyone else. She remembers I have a sister. Thinks my Dad is a guy my grandpa used to work with. And dislikes that guy's girlfriend. (My mom). That is the most enjoyable part. Getting her to straight up talk shit about her daughter in law on nearly 45 years.

The rest sucks real bad. But, lemonade en sech.

Sorry to anyone who took offense to the wood chips comment. They're cedar, it's not like I don't lay down the good stuff.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad forgot even basic stuff.

Like how to chew. How to tell if he was hungry or not. How to go to the bathroom (and clean up after). How to sleep. How to tell the difference between reality and dreams.

As for what convos he would remember and which he wouldn’t, it was a toss up. We couldn’t humor him and play along with his fantasies because every so often he would remember that we “agreed” and latch onto that.

It was horrible watching this brilliant Yale grad turn into an emotional Benjamin Button.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was okay. It felt really rushed which I guess it had to be since they had to establish so many things. It could be good if it slows down some

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already got next season inked.

I thought it was refreshing and funny. I was entertained and will tune in.

Maybe I forgot how the original ended, but where is David? Think given his rise in acting ranks, having him on the show would add to the star power, but at the same time I am sure he is busy with Big Bang Theory.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already got next season inked.

I thought it was refreshing and funny. I was entertained and will tune in.

Maybe I forgot how the original ended, but where is David? Think given his rise in acting ranks, having him on the show would add to the star power, but at the same time I am sure he is busy with Big Bang Theory.
Darlene has stated that she is a single mother, so we know he is out of the picture. But I also know he will at least make Somme guest appearances, so they will address that eventually.

What about Jackie”s husband?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife watched it,but not sure if she liked it or not.......She loved the original series........I never cared for it......It mostly has to do with loud mouth Roseanne.......God that voice and laugh isear numbing........

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Roseanne fan back in the 90s. Finally watched the new one. The acting was disappointing. They were all mostly wooden and monotone except for Gilbert. Almost like they didnt fit into their characters any more. The subject matter was better and had some decent exchanges. That is what made the show back then. Still, not sure where this is going but I will watch for now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Roseanne fan back in the 90s. Finally watched the new one. The acting was disappointing. They were all mostly wooden and monotone except for Gilbert. Almost like they didnt fit into their characters any more. The subject matter was better and had some decent exchanges. That is what made the show back then. Still, not sure where this is going but I will watch for now.
Good point about Gilbert. I am typically not a big fan of hers, but she was on a different level from EVERYONE else on the screen. So much so, it was a bit jarring and made her stick out like a sore thumb.

Everyone else was doing SNL-level acting (staring at the cue-cards, not emoting), while she was turning on the water works.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about Gilbert. I am typically not a big fan of hers, but she was on a different level from EVERYONE else on the screen. So much so, it was a bit jarring and made her stick out like a sore thumb.

Everyone else was doing SNL-level acting (staring at the cue-cards, not emoting), while she was turning on the water works.
Was she behind the reboot?

Felt like her show as much as it's Rosannes. Which is fine with me.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was she behind the reboot?

Felt like her show as much as it's Rosannes. Which is fine with me.

Yes, it's essentially her baby. Roseanne was one of the late night shows the other night and mentioned it being a relief that Gilbert was doing that and she didn't have to be bothered with that hassle this time around, though I'm sure she has a lot of input.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good way to put it on how it felt. I am holding out that that may be due to the first episode and everyone coming back and trying to explain a ton of things after a 20 year absence in a short amount of time. Hopefully as the season goes on they flow much easier together and feel like they fit in their characters again.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at the political side of Roseanne and the "backlash" it seems to be getting because of a pro-Trump angle. It got some of the highest rated viewership and everyone is throwing up outrage that it has this pro-Trump angle, or that Roseanne is a Trump supporter both in the show and in real life.

Hollywood and the media STILL don't get it. Even after their epic loss in the 2016 election they still don't understand that conservatism is still out there. Shocked at the high ratings? Just like they were shocked in November '16 when Trump won. But here is to another at least 2 years of them telling us how the majority hates Trump and all things conservative and how the conservative is an extinct ideology in this day and age.

But regardless of the shows political standpoint, nowadays even though sitcoms aren't as popular as they were in the 80s and 90s they all have some sort of political stance, just that it being Hollywood it usually as a slanted left angle and they poke fun at the right. Now that there is actually a show out there that pokes fun at the left its blasphemy.

it is funny. I could care less of Roseanne's political view point both on the show and in real life, I would still watch the show even if she was a political Jill Stein activist, don't really care. Really, wish they'd just leave the political stance of the show re airing out of the media storylines, because now everyone feels they have to take a side on the show. Let's just enjoy nostalgia.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I laughed a lot. They all fell into their characters comfortably. What was good then still seems to work.. Roseanne, Dan, Jackie & Darlene. The stuff that wasn't so great then still isn't.. the gal who plays Becky is still a shitty actress even though they still give her a lot to do and DJ is still basically a prop.

Of the new characters, Darlene's cross-dressing son shows real promise as a character with relationships with the others. The others newbies, meh... Debbie from Shameless as Darlene's daughter.. why ? She's the only character on Shameless I don't like. Hopefully that show hasn't been canceled. Now that's a truly great and funny show.. but it's on cable where they have more creative freedom, which brings me back to.. this Roseanne reboot looks to be a very good 1990-ish sitcom, but it's still a 1990-ish style sitcom. The form has moved on and so have I. I'll tune in again, but I doubt I'll be a regular viewer.

Last edited:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch it all, but enjoyed the 20 min I did watch. I have one Aunt that is a libtard and another (they are sisters) that is a right wingnut. They both liked it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw three episodes.

Everyone talking about the wooden acting is on point but its so bad that it somehow works. I like the jokes. Its a total throwback to the sitcoms of the 80s and 90s but appropriately political for today's climate.

I suspect this will get old after about 5 episodes but I'll probably power through some more of it.