• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

roll tide

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I use the words "appears", "circulating", and "coincidence", I am implying that it is speculation and it may or may not be true. And since I have to actually write rhetorical questions down to show that I'm asking questions, let me do that really quick:

-How does Trent Richardson afford a $40,000 Yukon despite his family being relatively poor?
-Why was Al-Betar eating dinner with Trent Richardson and his friends?
-Is it possible that Alabama players were autographing memorabilia in return for suits/other benefits?
-Is it a little odd that the department prohibited Al-Betar from being involved with Alabama athletics and then stated that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the players?
-Is it a mere coincidence that the girlfriend of Landon Collins got a new Mercedes on signing day?
-If her parents do have the occupations that I mentioned before, how on earth could they afford to buy that car and pay out of state tuition?

Relatively poor

Katrina worked at seafood restaurants, day care centers, and cleaned houses to make ends meet for her six sons – three biological and three adopted. But all the love and support in the world didn’t erase the hardships the family faced.

The article also says his dad was never around.
link

It's laughable to think anything on that list is 'coincidence'

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I use the words "appears", "circulating", and "coincidence", I am implying that it is speculation and it may or may not be true. And since I have to actually write rhetorical questions down to show that I'm asking questions, let me do that really quick:

-How does Trent Richardson afford a $40,000 Yukon despite his family being relatively poor?Have you been to the hood before? There are nice cars even if some of the places are shit holes. Also, is everybody in his family poor? How did you come by the knowledge? Complete speculation.

-Why was Al-Betar eating dinner with Trent Richardson and his friends?Don't know.

-Is it possible that Alabama players were autographing memorabilia in return for suits/other benefits?If it happened, the NCAA would have opened an investigation into it. Like I said, the NCAA was satisfied with the report Alabama provided, based on the information they had.

-Is it a little odd that the department prohibited Al-Betar from being involved with Alabama athletics and then stated that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the players?No, disassociation is the strongest action a program has. Alabama took the right steps and was proactive about all of this.

-Is it a mere coincidence that the girlfriend of Landon Collins got a new Mercedes on signing day?Speculation. 1.) You don't even know if that is his GF. 2.) You don't know when she got that car.

-If her parents do have the occupations that I mentioned before, how on earth could they afford to buy that car and pay out of state tuition?More speculation without facts on income.

I'm well aware that some of these issues have been "dealt with", but I, along with most rational people, would agree that this stuff is very suspicious.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That he may have, but if you have read my statements, Alabama was the one that reported it to the NCAA a year ago. The NCAA didn't open up an investigation, and if I remember correctly, agreed with Alabama's conclusions. Then Alabama disassociated with the booster.

Now, my question to you is what else can a program do? Disassociation is the strongest course of action that a program has against an program, one that probably has thousands of boosters. What else are they suppose to do to stop it, when they cannot control the actions of booster?

You dont control the boosters - you control your players. You sit them down with the compliance people and explain to them what they can and cannot do. When they break these rules you remove them from the program. I never heard of suspension for any of the players who were pictured in the SbyBrooks article.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
from hightide:-Is it a little odd that the department prohibited Al-Betar from being involved with Alabama athletics and then stated that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the players?No, disassociation is the strongest action a program has. Alabama took the right steps and was proactive about all of this.

Right, but by disassociating with Al-Betar that is basically saying that something happened. Why was the punishment 1 sided? and Bama was not proactive! The store owner stated that saban had been in before (i think there were pics of that also) but yet Bama took no action until the story came out.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K.

Auburn picked up a real "winner" with the kid that picked Auburn over Clemson, because they didn't have a chick-fil-a. Even though there is one on Clemson's campus.

:rofl:

His name is fuckin Cassanova, what do you expect :pound:

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the people that have nice cars are generally doing something illegal. Please don't be so naive. If you look at the comment from ckhokie, it is clear that his mom was trying to make ends meet. Now is too much of a stretch to say that a family that is "trying to make ends meet" would not have the funds to throw down 40k for a Yukon?

Just because the NCAA was satisfied, doesn't mean that there was no wrongdoing. And while this illegal stuff as going on, the compliance office made nothing of it even though they knew what was going on.

And the whole girlfriend stuff is just a rumor. I'm not saying that it is true. I am merely stating that IF it is her, IF that is her new Mercedes, and IF her parents have those jobs, it would be interesting to see how they can afford that.

Rolltide, the bottom line is that Alabama has been caught cheating a couple of times. Virginia Tech is to choking in big games as Alabama is to breaking the rules. When situations such as those presented above arise, people are going to want answers. I am merely presenting what I have read for people to debate.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont control the boosters - you control your players. You sit them down with the compliance people and explain to them what they can and cannot do. When they break these rules you remove them from the program. I never heard of suspension for any of the players who were pictured in the SbyBrooks article.

Maybe you just didn't hear about it or they didn't release it. Keep in mind this stuff happened back in 2010.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from hightide:-Is it a little odd that the department prohibited Al-Betar from being involved with Alabama athletics and then stated that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the players?No, disassociation is the strongest action a program has. Alabama took the right steps and was proactive about all of this.

Right, but by disassociating with Al-Betar that is basically saying that something happened. Why was the punishment 1 sided? and Bama was not proactive! The store owner stated that saban had been in before (i think there were pics of that also) but yet Bama took no action until the story came out.

:L

Yeah, they took action before the story came out. The photos are from the summer in 2010, the letter of disassociation was in February 2011, and there was a letter before that. Alabama had handled the business before the story broke in the summer of 2011.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no point in arguing. Bama fans will never believe their program is infested with cheaters. They never have and they never will. They have been one of the most perennially cheating programs in college football history, but every single time right before they get popped by the NCAA, they swear up and down nothing like this is going on.....much like this fella is doing right now. No matter how much evidence you put in their faces, they will still try to rationalize it some way to make themselves feel better. You could show him a picture of Nick Saban himself handing a recruit a $100 bill, and they would come up with a story of how Saban borrowed the money from him or something and is just paying him back. Nothing you say, or do will make him believe Alabama is cheating, because he's programed with all of those elitist tendencies that almost all Bama fans possess..... they scream in his ear all day every day that Alabama is the best thing since sliced bread and it doesn't need the Red Elephant Club to pay its recruits to sign them.....only Awbarn is that dirty.

It's really sad how the state of Alabama has nothing going on for itself outside of a game played between 2 teams of college students. Government corruption, 2nd lowest education rate in the country, sky rocketing obesity, and wide spread racism......throw them a bone and let them feel important about something.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the people that have nice cars are generally doing something illegal. Please don't be so naive. If you look at the comment from ckhokie, it is clear that his mom was trying to make ends meet. Now is too much of a stretch to say that a family that is "trying to make ends meet" would not have the funds to throw down 40k for a Yukon?

Nice blanket statement you made, all people with nice cars are doing illegal activities. Even if I take that blog for truth, the fact is his dad died and probably left money to him. He also has relatives that could or could not have money. Why is only his mom the focus? Also, that is an blog written by someone who cites another blog, and doesn't use there actual name (TheLogX). :L

Just because the NCAA was satisfied, doesn't mean that there was no wrongdoing. And while this illegal stuff as going on, the compliance office made nothing of it even though they knew what was going on.

What? They disassociated with them as soon at it cam out. I don't think you realize when these events occurred.

And the whole girlfriend stuff is just a rumor. I'm not saying that it is true. I am merely stating that IF it is her, IF that is her new Mercedes, and IF her parents have those jobs, it would be interesting to see how they can afford that.

That is a bunch of if's without a lot of facts.

Rolltide, the bottom line is that Alabama has been caught cheating a couple of times. Virginia Tech is to choking in big games as Alabama is to breaking the rules. When situations such as those presented above arise, people are going to want answers. I am merely presenting what I have read for people to debate.

So basically you assume Alabama is "cheating" because they have cheated in the past? I guess the players at VT are all thugs, because the Vick brothers played there in the past. That's the same logic[./B]

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, LOL at using sportsbybrooks. This is the guys that reported information about this after the Birmingham News released their information, he basically plagiarized and posted pictures. He also said that the NCAA was going to come down hard on Auburn, because he had sources, LOL.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nice blanket statement". You are something else. The statement was: people with nice cars who live in the hood are generally doing something illegal. I think 99% of people would agree with that. If they did in fact have money, his mom would not be working three jobs to make ends meet. And since ESPN sucks the SEC's nuts, I'm sure you would consider an article by one of their writers to be a legitimate source?

Alabama Crimson Tide running back Trent Richardson uses his daughters as inspiration - ESPN

In regards to the girl, I presented a HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION. That is why I used the word if. Do I need to put in smh smiley faces or is my tone obvious enough?

And you can LOL all you want at sportsbybrooks, but the fact remains that all of these pictures exist and all of them are evidence. I could care less about his commentary. If you have eyes, you can infer that sketchy things are going on.