• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

roll tide

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're going to find him a "job" ?? sounds very shady to me

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot that Alabama was the only team in the SEC.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is messed up to call up a recruit and say "You have to wait until next year because you are #26" when he was one of their earliest commits. I understand he had a knee injury but that is just wrong. If you fill up then the schools should have to withdraw any scholarship offers they have out when that 25th slot is filled.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA is not so innocent..

Yes... they are.

Georgia Oversigning.com

A few years ago Georgia & Vanderbilt pledged to not oversign.

Obviously, Poole and many Georgia fans take great pride in not oversigning. Many of the SEC supporters that we have on this site are Georgia or SEC East fans being that the East does not oversign to the extent of the West. This is not something new with regards to the state of Georgia or the issue of SEC West teams abusing oversigning. We wrote a piece a good while back when we were first investigating oversigning regarding Georgia Tech's departure from the SEC. Here are a couple of lines from that piece for those who don't want to read the entire entry.

http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/tag/georgia/

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't take me

so seriously dawg .. I probably shouldn't have generalized but you did beat me to it .. Georgia and Vandy are the only two teams in the SEC that pledged not to do it. Miles, Saban, and BallCoach (and Houston Nutt) are known for doing it. They say that Nutt and Saban have always been the worst .. If this is true, it's sad and there should be some degree of protection for a kid in this situation.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so seriously dawg .. I probably shouldn't have generalized but you did beat me to it .. Georgia and Vandy are the only two teams in the SEC that pledged not to do it. Miles, Saban, and BallCoach (and Houston Nutt) are known for doing it. They say that Nutt and Saban have always been the worst .. If this is true, it's sad and there should be some degree of protection for a kid in this situation.

I agree.

Florida's AD made the pledge also.

Welcome to SportsHoopla.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah -- I wasn't swinging .. haha -- but I'll take my jabs at the SEC for sure .. all things said, Richt seems to run a pretty clean program -- to be in the SEC

VTSparks is my brother and pointed me to the board -- Said that you guys run a clean ship too = no trolls = good recruiting info and dialogue (which is hard to come by without subscription services) .. took a look around and like it

And no worries .. I won't be sharing this jewel of a message board to just any ol' one -- Keeping a good clean informative board requires work, for sure.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VTSparks is my brother and pointed me to the board

Ha thats funny because when you made your first post the other night i was going to sarcasticaly ask if you were sparks brother!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It is messed up to call up a recruit and say "You have to wait until next year because you are #26" when he was one of their earliest commits. I understand he had a knee injury but that is just wrong. If you fill up then the schools should have to withdraw any scholarship offers they have out when that 25th slot is filled.

This IMO is one of the reasons that college football needs an early signing periond. You protect players but locking them into a scholly in case of injury and you also protect the school/program so that a kid cant "jump ship" right before signing day. (like lockhart this year)

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possibly Petrino .. I guess you have to get an edge any way you can -- regardless of how it affects an 18-yr old's future

Word is that Caleb and tOSU have gone pretty cold as of now -- and that Meyer was trying to slow play him into "holding off" on his commit. At least Meyer seems like the kind of guy that won't ruin his reputation by letting a recruit commit, then pull it (he seems to be trying to catch bigger fish [than Caleb] now -- plus his schollies are limited) ... which segways to ...

Most kids being recruited hard these days should do their homework, talk to others who have been through the process, and know how to read into things. The fact that he is sticking with Bama after getting the shaft baffles me. What are they putting into the koolaid??

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Most kids being recruited hard these days should do their homework, talk to others who have been through the process, and know how to read into things. The fact that he is sticking with Bama after getting the shaft baffles me. What are they putting into the koolaid??

Good observation, and good question.

Welcome to the board!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And since I'm new to this board, I'll make my single Lockhart comment and be done with it. I can understand him wanting to be close to his family and treating it like a business decision.

- Never trust anyone who wears a bow-tie or has a shirtless photo of himself as his twitter avatar
- Good riddance .. Good luck to you Robert, you fucking liar
- I look forward to watching Kendall Fuller owning your ass in about 3 years
- Enjoy your over-rated, underachieving, washed up, has-been program Golden

That is all .. about Robert Lockhart and Al Golden

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's actually a protein shake. They put it on a coaster made of Benjamin's.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, nothing surprising here. Just your typical day in the SEC. They pull scholarships all the time, overcommitt, etc etc.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since I'm new to this board, I'll make my single Lockhart comment and be done with it. I can understand him wanting to be close to his family and treating it like a business decision.

- Never trust anyone who wears a bow-tie or has a shirtless photo of himself as his twitter avatar
- Good riddance .. Good luck to you Robert, you fucking liar
- I look forward to watching Kendall Fuller owning your ass in about 3 years
- Enjoy your over-rated, underachieving, washed up, has-been program Golden

That is all .. about Robert Lockhart and Al Golden

Welcome to the board Bro!!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban is a trollish looking douche, that is obviously overcompensating with his career instead of accepting the fact that he needs a lifetime supply of Enzyte and growth hormones.

Hey, I figured I should make my first post count.