• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

roll tide

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cheaters or not -- you can't knock an Alabaman's general love of football. I work with Tide and Auburn fans and had a conversation a few weeks ago.

"Roll Tide" and "War Eagle" are basically salutations, like 'fuggedaboutit' or 'hi' or 'bye' .. When shit is about to get crazy and it's Iron-Bowl time, they break out (imagine drunken, slobbering, freebird! like fury) "ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!" or "WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!"

Alabaman's are damned lunatics about their college football .. I love it

ESPN Alabama Roll Tide Commercial - YouTube

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheaters or not -- you can't knock an Alabaman's general love of football. I work with Tide and Auburn fans and had a conversation a few weeks ago.

"Roll Tide" and "War Eagle" are basically salutations, like 'fuggedaboutit' or 'hi' or 'bye' .. When shit is about to get crazy and it's Iron-Bowl time, they break out (imagine drunken, slobbering, freebird! like fury) "ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!" or "WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!"

All of that is so true. I work in Alabama and basically everyone is a Bama fan. Every day for like the first 6 months I worked here I was asked "what side are you on?". I told them a million times I was a Tech fan and that would never change, and that doesn't register yet haha.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I've lived in north Alabama since 1990...I hear a lot from the Vols, too.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell, the stuff going on at Alabama involves impermissible benefits. There is a local sporting goods/department store that appears to be operating similarly to the Ohio State tattoo parlor; autograph some jerseys and memorabilia and get free stuff in return. Bama fans can argue all they want that the pictures prove nothing, but they are naive and don't realize that their team is considered to be the biggest cheaters in the country. They are currently on probation for a textbook scandal, so any charges that occur within the next year would be big.

:badmin:

This came out like a year ago. Plus, Alabama was the one that that reported it and completely disassociated with a booster.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lived in Alabama all 23 years that I've been on this Earth, and am currently counting down the seconds till I can get away from this hell hole.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:badmin:

This came out like a year ago. Plus, Alabama was the one that that reported it and completely disassociated with a booster.

It's always interesting to me that the fans of programs being suspected of NCAA violations always say they have no problems.

That story from a year ago is not the only issue with which Bama should be concerned.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and you're a Hokie? You realize that where you live is a choice?? haha -- but home is home. There are a lot more Tide fans from what I've seen but Auburn fans have a lot of pride too .. and that eagle is just bad-ass .. I usually pull for Auburn in the Iron-Bowl just because I'm not a Nick-Satan fan.

BTW Cam -- where did that post of yours yesterday about Kirven go (it was on scout)??

Yeah -- those fans are always in denial

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And since I'm new to this board, I'll make my single Lockhart comment and be done with it. I can understand him wanting to be close to his family and treating it like a business decision.

- Never trust anyone who wears a bow-tie or has a shirtless photo of himself as his twitter avatar
- Good riddance .. Good luck to you Robert, you fucking liar
- I look forward to watching Kendall Fuller owning your ass in about 3 years
- Enjoy your over-rated, underachieving, washed up, has-been program Golden

That is all .. about Robert Lockhart and Al Golden

Whoa now... Easy there, fella ;)

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a picture circulating of Landon Collins' girlfriend with a brand new Mercedes. I read that her dad is a UPS driver and her mom coaches high school basketball. So obviously they didn't pay for it. This could be just be a coincidence, but when Bama is involved, you never know...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There is a picture circulating of Landon Collins' girlfriend with a brand new Mercedes. I read that her dad is a UPS driver and her mom coaches high school basketball. So obviously they didn't pay for it. This could be just be a coincidence, but when Bama is involved, you never know...

http://c0013819.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_6a559c7

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man that neighborhood looks pretty loaded.

And if I am a 5-star #1 player at my position heading to a southern school, I am not bothering with that. Dude will be able to pull a lot better than that.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
x2_6a559c7

depending what part of the country and how much OT you are willing to put in UPS driver can earn well over 100k a year.

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
FWIW i think this all started on the auburn scout forum, so.....

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always interesting to me that the fans of programs being suspected of NCAA violations always say they have no problems.

That story from a year ago is not the only issue with which Bama should be concerned.

They reported themselves and disassociated with the booster...what else are they suppose do? Also, the NCAA isn't investigating us, so what should I be worried about?

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Bama bought the GF of a player a car to get him here? LOL, that makes sense.

I love how it is acceptable now to completely violate people's privacy. I grieve for this country.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bama bought the GF of a player a car to get him here? LOL, that makes sense.

I love how it is acceptable now to completely violate people's privacy. I grieve for this country.
Apparently she posted this on her facebook. Once you put something in the public like it is not violating someones privacy.