• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

roll tide

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently she posted this on her facebook. Once you put something in the public like it is not violating someones privacy.

So I have the right to go to your facebook and post all your pictures, your family picture, etc. and make baseless allegations?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You telling me if you saw a picture of Cam Newton somewhere holding up a money bag with $200k on the side of it, that you wouldn't post the pic?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you make something PUBLIC, its no longer violating someones PRIVACY.

Ding Ding. Most people forget Twitter and Facebook are public domain. So there is no foul with doing so. Its just a moral dilemma.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have the right to go to your facebook and post all your pictures, your family picture, etc. and make baseless allegations?

That's why you change your privacy settings! Facebook 101. Also, it may (and probably is) just a coincidence. I'd like to think that someone going to college in a few months isn't stupid enough to post a picture like that (given the allegations floating around), but hey, I guess that's the south for ya.

Her parents may be rich. But if they are in fact a UPS driver and high school basketball coach, do they really have the money to buy their girl a Mercedes and then pay out of state tuition for 4 years?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but hey, I guess that's the south for ya.

As opposed to spygate, tattoo gate, Jerry Sandusky gate, but yeah youre right its only Southerners.

BTW are you forgetting VT is in SWVA? Pretty southern to me.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to spygate, tattoo gate, Jerry Sandusky gate, but yeah youre right its only Southerners.

BTW are you forgetting VT is in SWVA? Pretty southern to me.

I'm thinking deep south (Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama) haha.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why you change your privacy settings! Facebook 101. Also, it may (and probably is) just a coincidence. I'd like to think that someone going to college in a few months isn't stupid enough to post a picture like that (given the allegations floating around), but hey, I guess that's the south for ya.

Her parents may be rich. But if they are in fact a UPS driver and high school basketball coach, do they really have the money to buy their girl a Mercedes and then pay out of state tuition for 4 years?

:L

Maybe they have family money, maybe they invest in stocks, maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on the interwebs as fact.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Maybe they have family money, maybe they invest in stocks, maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on the interwebs as fact.

Most people that invest in the stock market have lost a little bit of money over the past five years. And I'm not believing everything I read on the "interwebs". I'm doing what any intelligent person should do; ask questions.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell, the stuff going on at Alabama involves impermissible benefits. There is a local sporting goods/department store that appears to be operating similarly to the Ohio State tattoo parlor; autograph some jerseys and memorabilia and get free stuff in return. Bama fans can argue all they want that the pictures prove nothing, but they are naive and don't realize that their team is considered to be the biggest cheaters in the country. They are currently on probation for a textbook scandal, so any charges that occur within the next year would be big.

There is a picture circulating of Landon Collins' girlfriend with a brand new Mercedes. I read that her dad is a UPS driver and her mom coaches high school basketball. So obviously they didn't pay for it. This could be just be a coincidence, but when Bama is involved, you never know...

Out of all I just quoted there is only one question in there, but there is a whole lot of baseless assumptions and bias opinion, and not a lot of facts. Keep asking your "questions" though.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HighTide, a little off topic but do you agree with Saban yanking a scholarship offer from a kid who committed in September because someone "better" decided they wanted to go to Bama?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all I just quoted there is only one question in there, but there is a whole lot of baseless assumptions and bias opinion, and not a lot of facts. Keep asking your "questions" though.

When I use the words "appears", "circulating", and "coincidence", I am implying that it is speculation and it may or may not be true. And since I have to actually write rhetorical questions down to show that I'm asking questions, let me do that really quick:

-How does Trent Richardson afford a $40,000 Yukon despite his family being relatively poor?
-Why was Al-Betar eating dinner with Trent Richardson and his friends?
-Is it possible that Alabama players were autographing memorabilia in return for suits/other benefits?
-Is it a little odd that the department prohibited Al-Betar from being involved with Alabama athletics and then stated that there was no wrongdoing on the part of the players?
-Is it a mere coincidence that the girlfriend of Landon Collins got a new Mercedes on signing day?
-If her parents do have the occupations that I mentioned before, how on earth could they afford to buy that car and pay out of state tuition?

I'm well aware that some of these issues have been "dealt with", but I, along with most rational people, would agree that this stuff is very suspicious.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IMO the stuff with the Mercedes is a little overblown. The car doesnt exactly look out of place in that neighborhood so i wouldnt say its a stretch that they could afford it. The girls parents dont have jobs that you typically associate with high pay but they arent working @ wendy's either. Hell who knows maybe this is the only granddaughter in the family and her g-parents bought the car. :noidea:

Now the stuff with the clothing store - You would have to be blind not to see that this is a big time bama fan/booster "taking care of the boys". Just look at the amount of signatures and pictures this guy had on display! Why else are these college football players hanging out in a suit shop? I dont know many 18-23yo college kids that can afford the type of clothing that this guy has in his shop, do you? Im not saying that this guy was handing out bags of cash, but i would bet that he has paid for some meals/parties and given away some clothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone even know if:

a) that is her car or a present for Mommy she is taking a picture with

b) that is Collins' gf or just some girl from rich parents in Hilton Head.

I mean Bama is dirty as hell, but damn....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Does anyone even know if:

a) that is her car or a present for Mommy she is taking a picture with. i dont.

b) that is Collins' gf or just some girl from rich parents in Hilton Head. Dont know that either but this is the same picture that has floated around a couple boards. FTR the first place i saw this was on some AUB scout board so...... I've also seen some other pictures of the girl that is supposed to be his GF and im not 100% that they are the same.

I mean Bama is dirty as hell, but damn....

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Bama winning is much more important than these kids. Sad but true.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HighTide, a little off topic but do you agree with Saban yanking a scholarship offer from a kid who committed in September because someone "better" decided they wanted to go to Bama?

No I do not agree with it.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the stuff with the Mercedes is a little overblown. The car doesnt exactly look out of place in that neighborhood so i wouldnt say its a stretch that they could afford it. The girls parents dont have jobs that you typically associate with high pay but they arent working @ wendy's either. Hell who knows maybe this is the only granddaughter in the family and her g-parents bought the car. :noidea:

Now the stuff with the clothing store - You would have to be blind not to see that this is a big time bama fan/booster "taking care of the boys". Just look at the amount of signatures and pictures this guy had on display! Why else are these college football players hanging out in a suit shop? I dont know many 18-23yo college kids that can afford the type of clothing that this guy has in his shop, do you? Im not saying that this guy was handing out bags of cash, but i would bet that he has paid for some meals/parties and given away some clothing.

That he may have, but if you have read my statements, Alabama was the one that reported it to the NCAA a year ago. The NCAA didn't open up an investigation, and if I remember correctly, agreed with Alabama's conclusions. Then Alabama disassociated with the booster.

Now, my question to you is what else can a program do? Disassociation is the strongest course of action that a program has against an program, one that probably has thousands of boosters. What else are they suppose to do to stop it, when they cannot control the actions of booster?