• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ring of Honor

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ware retiring, it's time to ask about the ROH for three great Cowboys. IMO, Ware is a Yes, Witten is a Hell Yes, Romo is a no. Put up great numbers, but was did he have a better career than Danny White? No...and No

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Ware retiring, it's time to ask about the ROH for three great Cowboys. IMO, Ware is a Yes, Witten is a Hell Yes, Romo is a no. Put up great numbers, but was did he have a better career than Danny White? No...and No

Lol man. You trying to get me going I see. That's cool. Romo is the most prolific passer in team history. A lock.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Johnson.......responsible for three Super Bowl Championships in four seasons.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol man. You trying to get me going I see. That's cool. Romo is the most prolific passer in team history. A lock.
He is also the 4th best QB in team history..at best. Staubach and Aikman are obvious, Danny White led the team to three consecutive NFC Championship games, losing to great teams in each. Prolific numbers mean nothing in comparisons due to rule changes

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is also the 4th best QB in team history..at best. Staubach and Aikman are obvious, Danny White led the team to three consecutive NFC Championship games, losing to great teams in each. Prolific numbers mean nothing in comparisons due to rule changes

Sorry man, totally disagree. Different league back then like you said. It goes both ways though. The league back then was not full of parity. It wasn't near as competitive as it is now.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4rth best in Team History - that's an insult to Romo and me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo should get in too. Jerry loves him and he was a good player. I can see the argument against him too, but I feel like Jerry is going to fall all over himself to get Romo in the ROH.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo should get in too. Jerry loves him and he was a good player. I can see the argument against him too, but I feel like Jerry is going to fall all over himself to get Romo in the ROH.
Oh, I really meant to ask if they deserved to get in. Jerry is putting Romo in, that's a lead pipe lock

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do they wait to have this ceremony? Do they do it the year after a guy retires or later than that. I've never really paid attention to how long they've been out of football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long do they wait to have this ceremony? Do they do it the year after a guy retires or later than that. I've never really paid attention to how long they've been out of football.
I guess it's all up to Jerry. No set time frame. But obviously after retirement.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a slap in the face if Jerry didn't allow Romo into your ring of greats. A guy who bleed for this team,, played on a broken back for this team. Oops, didnt win the big one Tony,, sorry dude. If Witten goes, which he obviously will, than Romo has too. Without Romo then Witten doesn't have as many numbers. They go hand in hand. Most of any ring inductees benefitted from the team and the players around them. Heck, most HOF's did as well. Great front line equals great QB play,,, great defensive rush equals great defensive back play... and the football world keeps spinning round. Not sure how the original poster could even imply that Romo is a no-go, as he stated above.
Not a HOF'er but for the Cowboys ring of greats... he's there. Bet it, buy it, bank it. :2cents:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a slap in the face if Jerry didn't allow Romo into your ring of greats. A guy who bleed for this team,, played on a broken back for this team. Oops, didnt win the big one Tony,, sorry dude. If Witten goes, which he obviously will, than Romo has too. Without Romo then Witten doesn't have as many numbers. They go hand in hand. Most of any ring inductees benefitted from the team and the players around them. Heck, most HOF's did as well. Great front line equals great QB play,,, great defensive rush equals great defensive back play... and the football world keeps spinning round. Not sure how the original poster could even imply that Romo is a no-go, as he stated above.
Not a HOF'er but for the Cowboys ring of greats... he's there. Bet it, buy it, bank it. :2cents:
It's easy to understand how a bottom of the barrel poster from a second rate team can't comprehend why a great player like Romo may not be worthy of the Cowboys Ring of Honor. If Romo had been a Redskin, then it would be a no brainer...but we are talking about the Cowboys. Romo is at best the 3rd best QB in team history, and arguably the 4th(stat comparison is meaningless in today's flag football). Witten on the other hand is the best TE in Cowboys history, a first ballot HOFer, and one of the 10-12 best ever at his position. Even when you try a pot shot, you expose your ignorance

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got two rings, he'll get in.

He not only has two rings, but also when he retires he will be in the top 5 of about every category there is. The thing is though if you ask objective people- non haters, nonlovers- I'm saying 80 percent take Romo over Manning.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He not only has two rings, but also when he retires he will be in the top 5 of about every category there is. The thing is though if you ask objective people- non haters, nonlovers- I'm saying 80 percent take Romo over Manning.
I'd take Romo over Eli too but Eli has the HOF resume, Romo doesn't.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Romo over Eli too but Eli has the HOF resume, Romo doesn't.

I agree but my point is just because one is in the Hall doesn't necessarily make him a better player.