• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rex Burkhead 2nd Team All-American

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But guise he is just overhyped becuz hez such a grate gui

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Athlon forget that Ray Graham exists?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Athlon forget that Ray Graham exists?

Considering we have no idea how he will play post injury, I can understand why they'd leave him off their list.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for them, it's a nice honor. Maher really came into his own, post Henry.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed said that Rexy is more of a north south runner that won't make anyone miss.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Football 2012 All-American Team | AthlonSports.com

But according to aggie etc he is not even a top 15 back and according to TM he's a scrub.

Jed made it clear he thinks Rex sucks too, no?

Just when I thought we were done with the whole, "let's make up things that Jed said and pretend that it is official" game. Where did I make it clear that I think Rex sucks? Please show me.

This kind of stuff makes me laugh. One publishing proclaims a Nebraska player to be rated at a certain place and anyone that doubts him is an idiot. Please find one other place that says Burkehead is a second, third, or even fourth team all American. Phil Steele doesn't have him on the top 4 all American teams. He has Monte Ball, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis, Stepfan Taylor, John White, Kenjon Barner, Ray Graham, and Joseph Randle on his top 4 teams. Let me guess, Phil Steele is an idiot right? I wouldn't honestly put Burkhead above any of those 8 guys.

I do not think Burkhead is strictly a north an south guy that can't make anyone miss. That title is reserved for T-Tragic. As I have said a thousand times, T-Tragic couldn't juke a telephone poll. Bulkhead is a north and south runner that has enough moves to make some people miss but he isn't going to blow past or out run everyone.

He does not "suck", he just isn't an elite RB.

Mr Nebraska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Burkhead is just tough, be nice having guys like abdullah, marrow, cross/heard (maybe) relieving him

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought we were done with the whole, "let's make up things that Jed said and pretend that it is official" game. Where did I make it clear that I think Rex sucks? Please show me.

This kind of stuff makes me laugh. One publishing proclaims a Nebraska player to be rated at a certain place and anyone that doubts him is an idiot. Please find one other place that says Burkehead is a second, third, or even fourth team all American. Phil Steele doesn't have him on the top 4 all American teams. He has Monte Ball, Marcus Lattimore, Knile Davis, Stepfan Taylor, John White, Kenjon Barner, Ray Graham, and Joseph Randle on his top 4 teams. Let me guess, Phil Steele is an idiot right? I wouldn't honestly put Burkhead above any of those 8 guys.

I do not think Burkhead is strictly a north an south guy that can't make anyone miss. That title is reserved for T-Tragic. As I have said a thousand times, T-Tragic couldn't juke a telephone poll. Bulkhead is a north and south runner that has enough moves to make some people miss but he isn't going to blow past or out run everyone.

He does not "suck", he just isn't an elite RB.

Suitable answer. Blasphemous comment removed from memory.

I could look up the quote, but I'm too lazy. Something about how Rex can't find running lanes.

IMO Rexy has pretty good field vision. Helu had GREAT field vision so I get why people would compare the two and maybe say Rexy is lacking in that dept.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suitable answer. Blasphemous comment removed from memory.

I could look up the quote, but I'm too lazy. Something about how Rex can't find running lanes.

IMO Rexy has pretty good field vision. Helu had GREAT field vision so I get why people would compare the two and maybe say Rexy is lacking in that dept.

That is ok Brasky, fact checking has never been your strong suit.

I have never compared Rex to Helu and I never would. Helu is far more of a complete back than Rex is. Had it not been for injuries, Helu's numbers would have been even better than they already were.

The finding lanes comment I said was something that came from Rex himself. I was using that comment from Rex to defend the OL.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is ok Brasky, fact checking has never been your strong suit.

I have never compared Rex to Helu and I never would. Helu is far more of a complete back than Rex is. Had it not been for injuries, Helu's numbers would have been even better than they already were.

The finding lanes comment I said was something that came from Rex himself. I was using that comment from Rex to defend the OL.

I didn't say you did compare the two, I just made a stand alone statement.

And my fact checking is flawless when I'm talking about something that actually matters. :nono:

And Helu was not more complete than Rex.. You could argue they were close in that regard... He's a much different back than Rex.

Roy is/was a prototypical one-cut guy. Rex is more of an in between the tackles bruiser who can also get to the edge. He's a better option RB than Helu was. So overall that's a push. Same with blitz pick up and receiving skills. Rex has done exceptionally well with what little opportunity he's had catching the ball.

Lest we not forget the occasional fumble problems specifically in big games Roy had.. He was never known to juke anyone out of their shoes either.

I'd say Roy gets the edge overall by a little bit simply because he runs a 4.42 (which I think he was about a tenth to two tenths of a sec slower than up until his senior season)

Rex prob runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6.

To be clear this is all comparing Rex to Roy as COLLEGE players.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Helu cuz he was fun to watch....

That said- I like burkhead more cuz he can tote the ball 35 times in one game and average 3.5 ypc.....

Helu could only tote the ball 35 times a game if it were touch football

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit thanks HH, I forgot one last thing that actually ties them up overall...

DURABILITY.

Nuff said.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is more of a complete back than Roy, that argument is silly..

Ever notice that both their names translate to King? Coweenkydink

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is more of a complete back than Roy, that argument is silly..

Ever notice that both their names translate to King? Coweenkydink

Michael translates to king??