• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when NCAA violations went like this?

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Crouch's sandwich kosher with NCAA? | CJOnline.com

OMAHA, Neb. -- A ham sandwich and a cheap plane ride may have gotten Nebraska quarterback Eric Crouch in trouble with the NCAA, the Omaha World-Herald reported.

Crouch made a campaign appearance earlier this month for Jay Matzke, who is an NU Board of Regents candidate and Crouch's friend.

Crouch appeared with Matzke on May 6, and accepted a plane ride through central Nebraska, worth $13.41. The plane traveled to Seward, Beatrice, Hastings and York.

He also ate a ham sandwich, valued at $4, at the home of one of Matzke's friends in Hastings.

An NCAA spokeswoman said student athletes can campaign, but must act independent of the university and must pay for their own expenses.

Matzke, a Seward physician, said Crouch intended to pay for the expenses.

Whether Crouch violated NCAA rules regarding acceptance of gifts or whether he faces eligibility loss has not been determined.

"I think the NCAA will do the right thing and realize this was all honest and innocent," Matzke told the World-Herald.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahahahah I remember this.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember these times, and personally I think they sucked. Bo Jackson for example got screwed out of baseball for simply taking an interview with the Tampa Bay Bucs, when he thought the entire thing was on the up and up.

I understand why they were that way, people would always just claim ignorance. But I am in favor of the NCAA where the above example would result in Crouch having to pay $20 in order to "fix" it, rather than facing ineligibility.

Thank god those silly times are somewhat behind us.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast Forward 10 years.....

"Today Jameis Winston was seen standing on a table in the Student Union with his penis hanging out of his pants rubbing one out over a group of willing women. He went on to tell them how worthless they were and that they should go back to the kitchen. Later that night, Winston had sex with a 17 year old girl.........buuuuuut she was pretty close to 18. No charges will be pressed. Natty on a platter."

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember these times, and personally I think they sucked. Bo Jackson for example got screwed out of baseball for simply taking an interview with the Tampa Bay Bucs, when he thought the entire thing was on the up and up.

I understand why they were that way, people would always just claim ignorance. But I am in favor of the NCAA where the above example would result in Crouch having to pay $20 in order to "fix" it, rather than facing ineligibility.

Thank god those silly times are somewhat behind us.

I remember these times, and they were fucking awesome. What it shows is that the NCAA had teeth and if you intended to benefit or not they'd assign a dollar amount to it and go after people.

What's happening the last few years is fucking ridiculous. NCAA is like today's parents. Afraid to discipline the kids because someone might object.

Crouch paid out 20 bucks or whatever and went on his merry Heisman-winning way.

Meanwhile, assholes are flashing their 800$ shoes on twitter these days.