• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reevaluate the Went tread up

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people ripped the Rams and Eagles for giving up so many picks to move up and focus on one unknown. For the people who were critical of the Eagles giving up so much, how does it look now after the Bradford trade and Philly getting back a 1st and 4th (possibly more depending on Bradfords play)

Philly gives up Bradford, the 8th pick and a 3rd to move up to #2.

Do you think Philly still over payed?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they overpaid. Luckily for the Eagles that the Vikings were desperate & also overpaid for a QB.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they overpaid. Luckily for the Eagles that the Vikings were desperate & also overpaid for a QB.

But what Im asking is did they still overpay knowing what they got in return for Bradford. In other words would you rather have...

Wentz
or
Bradford, pick #8 and your a 3rd round pick

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what Im asking is did they still overpay knowing what they got in return for Bradford. In other words would you rather have...

Wentz
or
Bradford and your a 3rd round pick

Two different transactions done independently of each other, months apart. Plus the value difference of the draft picks & position in each round are greater than you are acknowledging.

I still would rather be the Browns in this transaction history.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two different transactions done independently of each other, months apart. Plus the value difference of the draft picks & position in each round are greater than you are acknowledging.

I still would rather be the Browns in this transaction history.

Makes sense. I guess Im just trying to look at it now that the dust has settled at the Eagles QB position.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Wentz looks like the 2nd best rookie QB in the NFCEast, I'd say you overpaid no matter the price. :suds:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many people ripped the Rams and Eagles for giving up so many picks to move up and focus on one unknown. For the people who were critical of the Eagles giving up so much, how does it look now after the Bradford trade and Philly getting back a 1st and 4th (possibly more depending on Bradfords play)

Yes. Wentz was an average DII qb. That is the definition of overpaying.

They did get lucky today, but I wouldn't run my NFL franchise on the hopes of other teams misfortunes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much this, but I like that they were able to compensate.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wentz
or
Bradford, pick #8 and your a 3rd round pick

The fact that they fell ass-backwards into a lucky situation doesn't change the fact that they overpaid initially

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Wentz and wanted him on My Cowboys but the Eagles over paid to move up and get him.

They did recoup some value for Bradford from the Vikings but they also used a 2016 2 and 4 to get him from the rams

So they are getting a 4 and a 1 back that they gave away for Wentz but wont know how high or low until after the season

Over Paid for Wentz but with a chance of recouping part of what they had for a Player they wanted. It could end up a push but Cleveland might be the winner if the Eagles have a rough season and the Vikes do well

JMHO

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Wentz was an average DII qb. That is the definition of overpaying.

They did get lucky today, but I wouldn't run my NFL franchise on the hopes of other teams misfortunes.

So absolutely untrue. Many experts like Mayock had him as the #1 rated player coming out. Thats just complete nonsense. An average D2 QB, yeah... sure

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Wentz and wanted him on My Cowboys but the Eagles over paid to move up and get him.

They did recoup some value for Bradford from the Vikings but they also used a 2016 2 and 4 to get him from the rams

So they are getting a 4 and a 1 back that they gave away for Wentz but wont know how high or low until after the season

Over Paid for Wentz but with a chance of recouping part of what they had for a Player they wanted. It could end up a push but Cleveland might be the winner if the Eagles have a rough season and the Vikes do well

JMHO

The Eagles are gonna have a rough season. Thats a given brother.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L An average D2 QB. People are on stupid today

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Wentz starting Week 1? Both teams won on the Bradford trade.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah have to agree with others that you can't really re-evaluate the situation. The two transactions are completely separate of each other and the Eagles are about as lucky as can be that a team possibly lost their franchise QB for the next 2-years and were desperate.

Still all of this off season is up in the air of what it means for quite a few teams. For the Eagles if they found their franchise QB for the next say 15-years then the price they paid is more than worth it. If he is an average QB or worse then yeah they lost big time no matter what they recouped.

For the Browns if Wentz becomes a franchise QB then people will be questioning them for trading out of the spot when they desperately need a franchise QB. Even there though have to see what they do with their picks next year as say they have 2 top-10 picks with theirs and the Eagles then that could get them quite the haul next draft right in front of Philly fans.

For Minnesota again have to see if Bradford can stay healthy and if this kind of move say gets them to the Super Bowl then the cost is definitely worth it.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. I guess Im just trying to look at it now that the dust has settled at the Eagles QB position.

Well , I think you have to wait and see if Wentz is any better than Bradford before you can make that assessment....
If he plays well, good deal, if he bombs out, not so much !!!!
They would have payed a king's ransom for a bad qb and traded a better one away....And aren't they still stuck with a large portion of his cap hit ?