• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reese Leitao flips his commitment from Neb to Tejas

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great spot, my favorite meal might be the chicken fried steak with green chili at Shady Grove on Barton springs.
I'm a Shady Grove fan as well. I like their tortilla crusted fried catfish. Not many folks use tortilla chips to coat things.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie sure didn't help him any this year. It's a lot easier to keep a player already committed than it is to form a relationship and get you to commit as a new coach. Charlie only had like 7 players for this class.

He actually did Herman a TON of favors.

Strong didn't recruit like Mack to where he'd have a ton of players committed this early, if you were paying attention you'd know that. Strong is one of the best closers in the business, he gets his class in the last few weeks.

That being the case, that left Herman with pretty much ALL the OVs available for kids to take since none were taken during the year. All Herman has to do is get them on campus and close the deal.

That's TREMENDOUS for him. And that's due to Strong.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn't know, I think I was there when that place was really coming into its own. The locals kinda sensed that Austin was in its prime at that point. There was a TON of development going on. Cranes everywhere downtown, but I liked all of the off the beaten path stuff you could do there. KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD.

I'll say this though, the UT campus isn't better than NU's. It just isn't.

Being a Texas ex and someone who's lived here for the better part of 35 years or so, this town is still great, but is way overcrowded. Rush hour traffic is basically all hours except 2-5am, and if you're on IH35, it's 24-7.

Just out my way, NW of town, used to be out in the country, now it's packed.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend that lives right off of Barton Springs and 1st. fucking house is worth 600k and only 1400 sq ft. Its crazy. But the city if awesome. I love going to the Whole Foods that has the park next to it and eating outside.

Have you ever been to Hula Hut? It's right on Lake Austin. Pretty cool.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is full of liberals, hippies, and weirdos. Strange place indeed.

And it's juxtaposed with a bunch of big hat no cattle dudes cowboy boots and all walking around town with a Smith and Wesson on their hip.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talkin about dudes wearing cowboy gear while livin in a studio apartment?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We talkin about dudes wearing cowboy gear while livin in a studio apartment?
1232z3s.jpg

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually did Herman a TON of favors.

Strong didn't recruit like Mack to where he'd have a ton of players committed this early, if you were paying attention you'd know that. Strong is one of the best closers in the business, he gets his class in the last few weeks.

That being the case, that left Herman with pretty much ALL the OVs available for kids to take since none were taken during the year. All Herman has to do is get them on campus and close the deal.

That's TREMENDOUS for him. And that's due to Strong.

You honestly think you are the only Texas fan that noticed Charlie's recruiting style being completely different from Mack? You are so enlightened, thanks for telling me that. I had no idea...

My original point still stands. It's easier for a new coach to hold on to committed players than convince highly rated guys not committed to come here when their other options are Bama, Ohio St, USC, etc.

Charlie was all in on guys like Marvin Wilson and Walker Little who are big time talents and worth the wait. But now Herman has nothing to fall back on but the guys he was going after at Houston because those two aren't coming.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone rate this funny? This kid probably just pissed his future away. Worst part is his Dad is a coach, so it wasn't even about money. Just sad
Uh....prolly because of the pissing and moaning of some of your burnt orange brethren have been turning out about some OU junk or something....or I could be wrong. I'm probably wrong. But selling drugs isn't funny, it's serious business.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh....prolly because of the pissing and moaning of some of your burnt orange brethren have been turning out about some OU junk or something....or I could be wrong. I'm probably wrong. But selling drugs isn't funny, it's serious business.

Busted at his school. That is probably a federal offense. Never made to Texas, so it won't be something the team will miss. Amazes me what kids will do.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is a great city but it's starting to get too popular and expensive. Too many cali transplants that are dumb enough to pay half a mill for a 1500 sq ft house
I hear you can get some great deals in Waco.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted at his school. That is probably a federal offense. Never made to Texas, so it won't be something the team will miss. Amazes me what kids will do.
Heard Michael Crabtree use to sling when he was at Texas Tech. A friend that has no reason to lie or try to impress me told me about a personal experience he had while passing through Lubbock. Saddly I think this is closer to a norm for some than an outlier. Not all kids do, but there are probably 10-15 guys on each roster trying to make cash on the side. Maybe not full time dealing, but making part time deals on the side.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would someone rate this funny? This kid probably just pissed his future away. Worst part is his Dad is a coach, so it wasn't even about money. Just sad
It is a bit funny in context of this thread.

Shockingly, this three star TE was one of Texas' top 10 players in the class.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering the class was only 18 kids deep that's not that shocking. What a dumb mistake for this kid, he went from going to college and playing ball to possible jail time.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He looked good. Basketball player. His dad coaches at DePaul. That is the part that kills me. Just seems like he did it for the fun of it. He had a really good offer list. Probably would have seen the field, as depth. Herman cited transition classes tend to have a high failure rate traditionally, because you don't get a chance to know kids. Unfortunately, that looks like a pretty good call.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the class was only 18 kids deep that's not that shocking. What a dumb mistake for this kid, he went from going to college and playing ball to possible jail time.
It's still shocking that a 3 star player would be a top 10 recruit at texas. It doesn't matter if the class was only 18 kids deep. For perspective, in Texas' class of 28 last year he would have ranked outside the top 20.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good. Basketball player. His dad coaches at DePaul. That is the part that kills me. Just seems like he did it for the fun of it. He had a really good offer list. Probably would have seen the field, as depth. Herman cited transition classes tend to have a high failure rate traditionally, because you don't get a chance to know kids. Unfortunately, that looks like a pretty good call.

no kidding, talk about calling it.