• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reese Leitao flips his commitment from Neb to Tejas

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Went head to head with them for a TE (Stoll) last year and won. Touche.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude come on he lives in oklahoma, don't think that is a factor.

Lincoln is fucking dope now too. The last 20 years have been good to this place. I'm proud of where I'm from, and I love it here.

Been all over the country and I still love coming back home.

People forget it's one of the bigger college cities in the country. Especially for good football.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Austin though! One of my favorite cities. I spent a few months out of the year down there for about 3 years when I was dead serious about swimming. Practiced with a lot of the Longhorn swimmers and some of the best club swimmers in the country and had a great fucking time running around that place.

Used to chase girls at Barton springs, eat at the original Chuy's and saw all the cool stuff like the Capitol and the downtown scene. Franklin BBQ is still the best I've ever had and they had a lot of great shopping for a kid who was really into skating and the music scene was amazing. Our parents actually let us take our first shot of Tequila in a dope blues venue and they were lax about it (we were 13-14). It was also the only place I ever enjoyed going to Church outside of Coronado Island in Cali.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Austin though! One of my favorite cities. I spent a few months out of the year down there for about 3 years when I was dead serious about swimming. Practiced with a lot of the Longhorn swimmers and some of the best club swimmers in the country and had a great fucking time running around that place.

Used to chase girls at Barton springs, eat at the original Chuy's and saw all the cool stuff like the Capitol and the downtown scene. Franklin BBQ is still the best I've ever had and they had a lot of great shopping for a kid who was really into skating and the music scene was amazing. Our parents actually let us take our first shot of Tequila in a dope blues venue and they were lax about it (we were 13-14). It was also the only place I ever enjoyed going to Church outside of Coronado Island in Cali.

Austin is a great city but it's starting to get too popular and expensive. Too many cali transplants that are dumb enough to pay half a mill for a 1500 sq ft house

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is a great city but it's starting to get too popular and expensive. Too many cali transplants that are dumb enough to pay half a mill for a 1500 sq ft house

Yeah I wouldn't know, I think I was there when that place was really coming into its own. The locals kinda sensed that Austin was in its prime at that point. There was a TON of development going on. Cranes everywhere downtown, but I liked all of the off the beaten path stuff you could do there. KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD.

I'll say this though, the UT campus isn't better than NU's. It just isn't.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldn't know, I think I was there when that place was really coming into its own. The locals kinda sensed that Austin was in its prime at that point. There was a TON of development going on. Cranes everywhere downtown, but I liked all of the off the beaten path stuff you could do there. KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD.

I'll say this though, the Austin campus isn't better than Lincolns. It just isn't.

I miss the restaurants.......food in Austin KICKS ASS. But the cost of living has REALLY gone up. And traffic is atrocious.

Great place to raise a family tho.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the restaurants.......food in Austin KICKS ASS. But the cost of living has REALLY gone up. And traffic is atrocious.

Great place to raise a family tho.

This was the worst part by far. Especially in the summer when you have to climb into a fucking oven of a car and sit in traffic forever. Plus the drivers are insane.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a friend that lives right off of Barton Springs and 1st. fucking house is worth 600k and only 1400 sq ft. Its crazy. But the city if awesome. I love going to the Whole Foods that has the park next to it and eating outside.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend that lives right off of Barton Springs and 1st. fucking house is worth 600k and only 1400 sq ft. Its crazy. But the city if awesome. I love going to the Whole Foods that has the park next to it and eating outside.

That's a great spot, my favorite meal might be the chicken fried steak with green chili at Shady Grove on Barton springs.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Herman putting together a solid recruiting class having only been in Austin about a week :laugh:

Charlie sure didn't help him any this year. It's a lot easier to keep a player already committed than it is to form a relationship and get you to commit as a new coach. Charlie only had like 7 players for this class.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin is full of liberals, hippies, and weirdos. Strange place indeed.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He committed to Nebraska when Texas had Charlie Armstrong. Supposedly he was a Texas Longhorn fan as a kid.

When Herman was hired, it all changed.

Best of luck to Reese.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He committed to Nebraska when Texas had Charlie Armstrong. Supposedly he was a Texas Longhorn fan as a kid.

When Herman was hired, it all changed.

Best of luck to Reese.

Is this a thing now and I missed it?