• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins 2017 Draft Thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm.. arent we all kind of in by default though??

The moment they say.. Washington is now on the clock, most of us will start posting we need to take this guy( insert player name here)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I think it will be interesting if everyone does it on time for every pick and goes on the record, then post their total draft.

Then after the year is over, we can look at some people's drafts, maybe mine, and say, "damn you had a fd up draft!"

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st annual. Predict the pick while the SKins are on the clock. No cheating. Please post when the SKins are on the clock so we can compare notes at a future date. Right when the 16th pick is announced everyone please post their pick. I ask the board moderators to help out here.

This game can be done for every round. At the end of the draft please post your full draft so we can compare. It would be fun to see how is close and who is way off(gk) lol.

If I am watching, I will play. Yep...we will see if I am way off and if you can develop an original thought...or if you just copy McShay's every pick.

Umm.. arent we all kind of in by default though??

Hold on -- I've been one of Dean's BIGGEST supporters no matter what he has said pre or post draft, so this is not a DISS....but this particular thread doesn't sit well with me.
Dean I could have misread somewhere but -- what is the difference between this prediction thread and a mock draft? Although you don't have to prove anything to anyone, why would you suggest a mock is stupid before the draft BUT guessing at 16 isn't? Since there seems to be friendly competition among some of you -- wouldn't the skill or risk be a REAL guess BEFORE the draft and STANDING on that?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally wanted DL last draft as that was supposed to be a very strong position in that draft. So I was a bit disappointed with the first pick but I also trusted Scott to go BPA, knew WR would be a need in a year, and figured he could find DL help later. So I was OK with the Doc pick at the time. I wasn't expecting Scott to wait so long before drafting a DL and I don't really see that player being more than a role player.

I like this game but doubt I'll be around to participate. Making the call after the 16th pick at least gives a guy a shot, making the call now is a wild long shot.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on -- I've been one of Dean's BIGGEST supporters no matter what he has said pre or post draft, so this is not a DISS....but this particular thread doesn't sit well with me.
Dean I could have misread somewhere but -- what is the difference between this prediction thread and a mock draft? Although you don't have to prove anything to anyone, why would you suggest a mock is stupid before the draft BUT guessing at 16 isn't? Since there seems to be friendly competition among some of you -- wouldn't the skill or risk be a REAL guess BEFORE the draft and STANDING on that?

its just so that we have all the info before we pick. just like the pros have. no harm no foul.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in. Will try to throw something in for every pick, but can't promise I will be paying that much attention on Saturday and certainly Sunday.

But this should be a good game. Makes everyone accountable for their arguments. And.. there is documentation.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people wanted Jarran Reed, or basically any d lineman. I was against it because I didn't think any were first round material

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just so that we have all the info before we pick. just like the pros have. no harm no foul.

Fair enough, I just found it odd that if Mel or Todd say we are taking this guy or a week later say that guy
You come across as if it is the gospel or a logical pick. Now you are saying the BEST way to go is right before the draft and then seeing who is really the guru.

I totally agree -- BUT that's like a multiple choice question with 4 possible results and someone has taken away 2 wrong answers. Further at 16 - you solve the Cousins mystery, narrow down ILB, settle the RB nonsense and at least 2 trades have already happened. I doubt its going to be THAT hard for someone to hit on the pick at 17.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I just found it odd that if Mel or Todd say we are taking this guy or a week later say that guy
You come across as if it is the gospel or a logical pick. Now you are saying the BEST way to go is right before the draft and then seeing who is really the guru.

I totally agree -- BUT that's like a multiple choice question with 4 possible results and someone has taken away 2 wrong answers. Further at 16 - you solve the Cousins mystery, narrow down ILB, settle the RB nonsense and at least 2 trades have already happened. I doubt its going to be THAT hard for someone to hit on the pick at 17.

You never know.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know.

That's the Dean I miss....LOL, unfazed, no worries. Prepare to get your heart broken thursday like the rest of us when you SEE who they pass on. I do feel good about every other round.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the Dean I miss....LOL, unfazed, no worries. Prepare to get your heart broken thursday like the rest of us when you SEE who they pass on. I do feel good about every other round.

im not worried. Lets see if Ba and JG can nail this draft.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I know who I want at 17, I think he'll be there, and I dont think we'll take him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ASHBURN — Administrations have come and gone at Redskins Park, but one constant has been Scott Campbell.

Campbell, who is entering his 17th season with the Washington Redskins, has the official title of director of college scouting, which puts him in the spotlight this week as the NFL draft approaches.

Campbell will oversee the construction of the Redskins’ draft board, ranking each of the players both overall and by position. When the draft begins Thursday, he’ll be outranked only by team president Bruce Allen as the Redskins’ brain trust gathers to make its selections.

“I think it’s one of the strongest, deepest classes on the defensive side of the ball that I’ve seen,” Campbell said. “I’ve told the guys upstairs I’m excited because we’re going to get better.”

Campbell’s success at Redskins Park has come both from his work ethic and his ability to work with different coaches and general managers.

He said his relationship with coach Jay Gruden goes way back, to when he knew Gruden’s father, Jim. Campbell was a scout for the Atlanta Falcons, while Jim worked for the 49ers.

The younger Gruden enjoys the scouting process as well and will be a vocal presence in the draft room this weekend.

“I think Jay takes a lot of pride and has a lot of fun in doing the evaluations, so that’s great for us when you get a head coach that likes scouting, understands scouting and likes being a part of it,” Campbell said.

Those two will be joined by the team’s scouts and front-office personnel, who will all be given specific tasks as the draft unfolds.

Director of pro personnel Alex Santos and Eric Schaffer, the vice president of football administration, will man the phones to check in with other teams about potential trades, with Allen getting the final say.

If Campbell has his way, though, that will be the evening’s only drama.

He said the key to a strong draft isn’t in the heat of the moment, but in the preparation that goes into making the draft board and settling any disputes about player rankings ahead of time.

The scouting staff has been meeting to complete those rankings over the past weeks and months, so the Redskins have covered all hypothetical situations that might arise.

“The goal is to not have panic on draft day,” Campbell said. “You don’t want to have a brand new argument break out right there before you’re picking. That’s ridiculous. I’ve never seen that happen in any team I’ve been with. It’s all been worked out, hashed out. The argument’s already been had, because really by then, it’s too late. You’ve got to go with how they are.”

Since Campbell returned to college scouting in 2006, six of his seven first-round selections for the Redskins have been Pro Bowl players (Brandon Scherff, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams, Brian Orakpo and LaRon Landry).

Last year’s first-round pick, receiver Josh Doctson, is the lone exception. Doctson didn’t play last year, but Campbell isn’t worried about the long term, adding that most draft classes take a few years to fully pan out anyway.

“Every year is pressure,” he said. “I grew up in an NFL household. My dad was a coach and a player for 40 years. There’s pressure every year to perform, that’s what the NFL is.

“It takes a couple of years to develop a class. People are saying the ’14 class had some success. Well, if I read articles and see what happened and what was said right after that draft, our grades in the mock drafts were not very good. It takes time.”

Meadowbrook and U.Va. graduate Morgan Moses, he said, “didn’t start his first year, you know, but he’s come on to be one of the best right tackles in the league. That’s my opinion anyway. It takes time to develop. I still think with time, that class will be just fine.”

Note: Linebacker Will Compton, who was a restricted free agent this offseason, has signed his one-year tender with the Redskins for $1.797 million. Compton’s only other option was to get an offer from another team and present it to the Redskins with an opportunity to match — although he needed to do so by earlier this week. By signing, Compton still can negotiate a long-term deal with the Redskins, but no other team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't do the clock thing I work nights

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope!! Haven't watched the live event in years!! Recording them and the games, I have done, but that's only in order to have something to do while waiting in those long assed lines no matter where I go in the afterlife.:D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope!! Haven't watched the live event in years!! Recording them and the games, I have done, but that's only in order to have something to do while waiting in those long assed lines no matter where I go in the afterlife.:D

Come on man... we are fans of the Washington Indigenous Peoples. Satan bought the team a few years back...

So by proxy we are currently still in NFL purgatory. :thumb: