• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins 2017 Draft Thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have CT. , what role does mccaferry have ?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point gruden is set on kelly and jones maceffy would take ct place as a wr and rb type in college we call that OW ofeenseive weapon so are we signing CT

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to be raceist but white rbs dont have much value mccaffey wil be a joker TE or a slot wr
Fwiw, Marshall Faulk loves McCaffrey's ability. He said something to the effect that his combination of vision and footwork - as far as setting up defenders - is as good as he's seen in years.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, Marshall Faulk loves McCaffrey's ability. He said something to the effect that his combination of vision and footwork - as far as setting up defenders - is as good as he's seen in years.

He's being underrated cause he's white

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's being underrated cause he's white

McCaffrey "could" go in the first due to NFL bloodlines, but I think the only reason he goes in the 2nd is because he isn't an ideal guy handle 15+ carries "yet". He will be a steal in the 2nd, because of his versatility.
As mentioned, he can line-up in multiple spots -- i guess "joker" can be applied here too. He is going to destoy LBs on passing downs, but I don't see him being put in a position take tons of hits in the backfield.

I think Chris Thompson is on a one year deal, so if McCaffery was there i'd take him in the 2nd.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey "could" go in the first due to NFL bloodlines, but I think the only reason he goes in the 2nd is because he isn't an ideal guy handle 15+ carries "yet". He will be a steal in the 2nd, because of his versatility.
As mentioned, he can line-up in multiple spots -- i guess "joker" can be applied here too. He is going to destoy LBs on passing downs, but I don't see him being put in a position take tons of hits in the backfield.

I think Chris Thompson is on a one year deal, so if McCaffery was there i'd take him in the 2nd.
I just saw this comment about McCaffrey from Walterfootball.com:

McCaffrey decided to skip Stanford's bowl game against North Carolina in order to avoid injury and focus on his pre-draft training.

Man... that really rubs me the wrong way. Otoh, if I'm a GM, that shows me how important the NFL is to him, so I probably wouldn't down-grade him for it. Any thoughts on that?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey is not the only player to skip their bowl game. There is another big name RB who did the same thing.

I would rather see them play, but in the end you are one game from your ultimate goal.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. More mobile than I thought. I would hate to burn a 3rd on a Qb and then have Kirk sign long term, but you can never have too many QBs. If Kirk is traded, we will probably turn a 4th round RG3 after thought into a high 1 and another pick, so could pay dividends down the road.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw this comment about McCaffrey from Walterfootball.com:

Man... that really rubs me the wrong way. Otoh, if I'm a GM, that shows me how important the NFL is to him, so I probably wouldn't down-grade him for it. Any thoughts on that?

You know what? with all the money the NCAA makes off these kids, he and others should have the right to sit out.
I believe its a ratings/money thing more than selfishness. But thats the spin the media will put on it.
In fact, any player should have that right, high pick or not.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good. More mobile than I thought. I would hate to burn a 3rd on a Qb and then have Kirk sign long term, but you can never have too many QBs. If Kirk is traded, we will probably turn a 4th round RG3 after thought into a high 1 and another pick, so could pay dividends down the road.

I think he would be a developmental QB like Cousins was. He played in a pro style offense. Played under center etc. etc. He has warts but if he is there at the right time he might be worth a pick.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conley is really moving up from what I've perused - if you will. He measured really well, and played real well - even if he was only the 2nd best CB on his team - 3rd best when they had Apple - the year before. You can never have enough good cover corners - especially in this era of the NFL. If he's there when the Skins pick, I think they have to strongly consider him - obviously depending on who else is there. Then again, the Skins desperately need DLine help.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay would probably like Peterman. I understand he has quite a catologue of passes.

But seriously... badumbum... he kind of reminds me of a slightly bigger Colt McCoy in his throwing style and showed a little of Colt's mobility in the videos. A big question is - does he have the arm strength - some of those highlight throws wouldn't be successful getting through the needle in the NFL - which was a problem for Colt in his adjustment to the NFL.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? with all the money the NCAA makes off these kids, he and others should have the right to sit out.
I believe its a ratings/money thing more than selfishness. But thats the spin the media will put on it.
In fact, any player should have that right, high pick or not.
Well he did sit the game out, so... he must of had the right to do it.

I hear ya, but doesn't sitting out the bowl game show no loyalty to his teammates and the university? To a lot of people that care, the bowl game is what they played the season for. To a lot of his teammates, it's their reward.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like sudfield i cant wait till he lights it up in camp

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be a developmental QB like Cousins was. He played in a pro style offense. Played under center etc. etc. He has warts but if he is there at the right time he might be worth a pick.

Just think we have to sign or trade Kirk before the draft so we know whether we need a developmental QB or not.