• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds-BrooHoos series thread

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, Votto wasn't driving in runs because of the weak leadoff spot.

This year, Votto isn't driving in runs because of the lack of a 2 hole hitter.

It's always somebody else's fault. Never Votto's. Probably Dusty's.

Apparently, Votto needs to be surrounded by a team of fucking all-stars to be the run producer their paying $25 mil for.

If fucking Votto and fucking Chapman were doing their fucking jobs, this team would win 100 games.

Well, they don't have to win 100 but they have to win the last one.
I ain't seein' that as likely. I don't care if they did win 5 in a row.
They lost the last 2 and they had to win those games.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best closer would probably be Hoover. The guy is money every times he is on the mound. Chapman needs to be a starting pitcher. He's the kind of guy as a starter where you better get him early or he could dominate the rest of the game. The problem with Chapman is he has no control of the breaking pitch which means pretty much all fastballs. Smart hitters sit and wait for the heater because they know they are going to get it.

The Diamondbacks have some hot looking women at their games. Spring training in Anaheim is good because it draws a lot of ASU babes and they don't wear much sitting in the grass in left field.

Best looking women at any sporting event is the Phoenix Open PGA golf tournament. Also hands down the rowdiest sporting event in the country, along with drawing the largest one day attendance of any sporting event in the country.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Diamondbacks have some hot looking women at their games. Spring training in Anaheim is good because it draws a lot of ASU babes and they don't wear much sitting in the grass in left field.

Best looking women at any sporting event is the Phoenix Open PGA golf tournament. Also hands down the rowdiest sporting event in the country, along with drawing the largest one day attendance of any sporting event in the country.

Kinda makes me want to root for the Snakes.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is the most frustrating Reds team I have watched in my 63 years. I don't remember too many teams that have a worse offence. The starting pitching has been one of the best I have seen the Reds have.

The Reds are arguably the 5th best team in the NL. (Why they are not worse is another subject). which means they are 4 teams better. Atlanta, LA, Pittsburgh, and St Louis.

I believe we will make that last playoff spot. Go to either St Louis, or Pittsburgh and be embarrassed. This is just not going to be the Reds year.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about the Kate Hate for probably two of the best 5 players on the team- Votto and Chapman, but as I get older, I have less tolerance for those that believe that the biggest contributors to success need to keep contributing more and more so the lesser contributors can keep not pitching in too.

This is a lineup with 2 consistent hitters, 2 semi- consistent hitters and a bunch if guys that would be 5th wheels on a good racecar. Matchups don't matter because its largely unplanned offensive philosophy anyway. The pitching staff is pretty good, but not good enough to cover all offensive contingencies, and the dugout is either unwilling or unable to moderate the random individual performances required to win at a level that frankly, their payroll deserves. There is more monotone than motivation here.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about the Kate Hate for probably two of the best 5 players on the team- Votto and Chapman, but as I get older, I have less tolerance for those that believe that the biggest contributors to success need to keep contributing more and more so the lesser contributors can keep not pitching in too.

This is a lineup with 2 consistent hitters, 2 semi- consistent hitters and a bunch if guys that would be 5th wheels on a good racecar. Matchups don't matter because its largely unplanned offensive philosophy anyway. The pitching staff is pretty good, but not good enough to cover all offensive contingencies, and the dugout is either unwilling or unable to moderate the random individual performances required to win at a level that frankly, their payroll deserves. There is more monotone than motivation here.

That's probably as succinct as I've seen it described about the offense.
Random, unplanned ... hoping for good results in the face of trends that suggest otherwise.
You get 4 hits off Gallardo (one day off the DL) and 3 guys who couldn't make the cut for half the teams in MLB ... speaks highly of the overall strategy.

I understand the frustration on Votto and AC. Those ARE the top talents on the team. When they don't deliver, this team is in a real jam.

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-2 road trip, and 2.5 games back from 1st. Things could be worse fellas, we are right in the thick of things and are set to go after another division title. The Pirates have lost 3 series's in a row, and the Cardinals are also struggling. Stop your bitching and be glad that we have one helluva team. geeshh!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I will bitch when the team plays like crap.
Waving your sunshine banner is your prerogative.
See how that works?

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok well I don't know about you, but when a team wins 9 of there last 12 they arnt playing like crap.
See how that works?

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will continue to bitch until the Reds win the World Series. If that happens, I'll take one day off from bitching. However, from the look of things, I think I'll be bitching for a while...

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams lose games. All teams hit slumps.
This team underachieves. Winning 9 of 12 isn't good enough now.
I don't want to finish "ahead" of Arizona.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bitch when I see inept strategy (i.e. the follies of Dustradamus) and I bitch when I see bullshit effort from players swinging at pitches in the dirt like they were killer bees. On those fronts, I have a right to bitch because they are not learning to improve themselves. If they are not learning from their mistakes, there is a good reason. That reason will prevent this club from achieving the ultimate goal.:whistle:

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random results. Izturis, Hanahan both in the starting lineup, and they win big. Dusty is a genius I suppose. Random in, random out, it is what it is. I'm thrilled the Reds played Little Sisters of The Poor, and are within grasp of the lead under the circumstances. I'm also glad they are playing AZ, not exactly a powerhouse juggernaut in the playoff mix. Someone has to win, but if I'm betting on the NL pennant, I'd take the Braves or Dodgers right now.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am just taken aback by folks who implore me to stop bitching. I think a critical view of a baseball team over 162 is not only therapeutic but it's traditional. Every fan I ever knew did it. We did it with the BRM and with the '61 miracle Reds, a team that was impossible not to admire.

Sometimes with me, it's more that the other team won than my team losing.

Being "awesome" is hardly what I want my baseball team to be. Honestly, the word "awesome" is the same as "bullshit" to me. I want my big-league team to play good baseball. The "awesome" crap is for 9th graders.

That established, if you are a fan, be any old kind of fan you want. I don't want to tell you "I told you so" about somebody. I'd rather bitch and be wrong than be all smiles and say "well, they did their best."

This ain't a popularity picnic or a tee-ball league where everybody is "awesome" and "special".

I am running out of spring trainings. I need to see a winner so I can piss off the Cardinals fans. I don't want the Reds to do their best. I want them to kick ass.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan, I hope you will come back, and can say I told you so. after the Reds win the world series

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I love Ryan's optimism. It's refreshing.

He has to be a young guy, because that kind of attitude has to be from a guy with more faith, and energy than I have anymore.

Ryan's stamina in the optimism category makes it best served in his good hands. I'll stick to grading Dusty's miserable game managerial quizzes, trying not to blame him for more than he deserves...and rooting for our Reds when they look like they give a shit too.