• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah you're right, maybe that's not the case and I shouldn't have implied that but it does seem to me that he surely wasn't that interested in Notre Dame. If he continues to retake the tests to see if he can get into Stanford and it also appears that Georgia is his go to alternative it just presents itself as Notre Dame was never really a player. You're right in the respect that it is his decision to make and he's surely not doing anything wrong but there's no kidding ourselves if we think he was ever that serious about Notre Dame. I wish it would have worked out that way but that doesn't seem to be the case. I wasn't trying to disrespect the kid I was more stating that I don't believe Notre Dame was high on his list... more like his third or fourth option. Like I stated on another post, recruiting is a hard job.
I think ND was his #1 until he decided he really wanted to get into stanford. Now I think Stanford is his goal and his fall back plan is to stay close to home. I agree with you I think ND is out of it unless he says screw it ND is just as good as stanford and he can still get a top education and play for a power house team like ND. With george he doesn't get neither unless Georgia some how turns it around right way. Who knows I guess.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with someone having a dream school. I had one and it worked out. But from my perspective it's disappointing. While I don't begrudge him his right to choose Stanford, I can still be upset that he's dragging this decision out. I still hope he picks ND.
He isn't dragging it on. Dragging it on would be if he got the scores to get into stanford and still taking forever to pick. In this case he wants to achieve his goal of getting into stanford. He has been straight forward with this. I think he takes it 1 more time and if he doesn't get in he makes his decision right away.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ND was his #1 until he decided he really wanted to get into stanford. Now I think Stanford is his goal and his fall back plan is to stay close to home. I agree with you I think ND is out of it unless he says screw it ND is just as good as stanford and he can still get a top education and play for a power house team like ND. With george he doesn't get neither unless Georgia some how turns it around right way. Who knows I guess.
at least he's not pulling an Eddie Vanderdoes

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't dragging it on. Dragging it on would be if he got the scores to get into stanford and still taking forever to pick. In this case he wants to achieve his goal of getting into stanford. He has been straight forward with this. I think he takes it 1 more time and if he doesn't get in he makes his decision right away.

The great thing is that I get to decide the definition of "dragging it out". And as soon as he got past NSD and he wasn't picking ND he was "dragging it out", if he ends up picking ND then he will have been "taking the time necessary to make the right decision"

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing is that I get to decide the definition of "dragging it out". And as soon as he got past NSD and he wasn't picking ND he was "dragging it out", if he ends up picking ND then he will have been "taking the time necessary to make the right decision"
NSD means crap. Its just the glorified day to sign. We are just use to kids signing on that day. He just wants to keep his options open and to achieve his goal. i don't see an issue. if anything we should applaud his decision making.

Either way I hope he picks ND and if not oh well we still landed 2 very good WRs.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move on...Kid's heart is not here. IF he came here, it would only be a matter of time before he left. He should just tell ND he has no interest. Like you all said, its Stanford or home....I want kids who 100% want to be here.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now he is visiting Bama this weekend....

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when I think of this kid it reminds me of how we almost, kind of , did have Randy Moss at one time. damn
That's a good analogy. Although I don't think there are character issues with him whereas I think there were some lingering doubts about that. Although I have no doubt if he chose ND, he would have gotten in

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good analogy. Although I don't think there are character issues with him whereas I think there were some lingering doubts about that. Although I have no doubt if he chose ND, he would have gotten in
If I remember correctly he went from Notre Dame to Florida State then to Marshall.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read it. Great story. I still remember when we were recruiting him. i was young as hell. I remember people talking about how he was the next once in a generation WR.

Its cool to see that he would still pick ND today even though we aren't that Big Sexy school anymore. Don't get me wrong ND is still a Top storied program that kids still want to come to but we aren't That #1 school every kid wants an offer from. Things have changed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Drob isn't coming to ND. I think most knew this but its now stronger, it looks like he will stay close to home or go to stanford if he gets in. Drob camp is starting to look bad. If he picks Bama he will look like a Fraud.

Other news: One of the Top 2017 QB recruits A. Davis has ND high on his list and most think he Loves ND. He drove from Texas to go see ND. He didn't want to wait. ND chances on landing him are high.

EE news Hayes looks awesome and some think if he stays healthy he will get some playing time this year. ND coaches are excited about him. They can't wait to see him a true action.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chase Claypool will have more impact on the Notre Dame roster than Robertson would have. Claypool is a match-up nightmare with his size. In all honestly, I think Robertson will be a fine college player but I don't see him putting the work into football to make him elite.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chase Claypool will have more impact on the Notre Dame roster than Robertson would have. Claypool is a match-up nightmare with his size. In all honestly, I think Robertson will be a fine college player but I don't see him putting the work into football to make him elite.

I totally agree. (unless Robertson ends up at ND, then you will see a 180 for the ages)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drob is a stud. I like Claypool but I will take Drob. Just my opinion. Claypool Competition was weak. I like his potential but I wouldnt put him on the same level as Drob.