• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamir Jones also looked pretty solid for a lower 3 star kid.
Not 100% sold on him. Like his brother, did not come from a football-rich area. They are basically men among boys. Need to get him to campus and see how he stacks up against other top talent before I get too excited. Jarron had to struggle a couple of years before developing into a pretty soild DL, because he was too used to pushing around little kids and lacked the technique to use his size.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 100% sold on him. Like his brother, did not come from a football-rich area. They are basically men among boys. Need to get him to campus and see how he stacks up against other top talent before I get too excited. Jarron had to struggle a couple of years before developing into a pretty soild DL, because he was too used to pushing around little kids and lacked the technique to use his size.

He does come from an area where he can dominate his opponents but this was an all star game even if it's not the top all star game still better competition then he normally faces if that helps ease your mind.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need 2-3 of this kids to help out next year on this team. We are losing alot. I think we will be ok at WR and RB position but the D is a Big concern for me. We were bad last year and now we lose our top 5 players on D(Smith,Day,Russell, Schmidt, Okwara_). Who will replace these guys. I hope Coney and Morgan are ready.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be very interesting. The defense just doesn't seem to play with a passion or fly around the ball. I only saw it once this year against Texas and then it was gone. It seemed like their mentally was "I hope we don't lose the game for us" I want some fire out of these guys and some supreme confidence. I didn't even see VanGorder go crazy on the sidelines and be pumped up. He was like ohhh no here we go again. The mentality has got to change

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BVG needs to go. Thats it. I think Kelly might wait until after signing day so we dont lose anyone.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be very interesting. The defense just doesn't seem to play with a passion or fly around the ball. I only saw it once this year against Texas and then it was gone. It seemed like their mentally was "I hope we don't lose the game for us" I want some fire out of these guys and some supreme confidence. I didn't even see VanGorder go crazy on the sidelines and be pumped up. He was like ohhh no here we go again. The mentality has got to change

The lack of speed and athleticism might have to do with the lack of flying around the ball. The LB beside JS were terrible. No speed, got ran by, and missed tackles, couldn't cover. I am hoping these kids coming in can adjust quickly because I think there athleticism should help them. The young secondary also might have been an issue with these kids just going for it. They certainly got playing time and should be better next yr. It might be a struggle to begin with, but these kids coming in were not some scum off the streets. They have talent, now lets see if BVG can get it out of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of speed and athleticism might have to do with the lack of flying around the ball. The LB beside JS were terrible. No speed, got ran by, and missed tackles, couldn't cover. I am hoping these kids coming in can adjust quickly because I think there athleticism should help them. The young secondary also might have been an issue with these kids just going for it. They certainly got playing time and should be better next yr. It might be a struggle to begin with, but these kids coming in were not some scum off the streets. They have talent, now lets see if BVG can get it out of them.
No way we have the speed and Athletes. This isnt 5 years ago. Its the scheme.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except Schmidt he isn't overly athletic especially after the injury.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pur you are confusing me...are you saying we have no speed or Athletes, or we have speed and it was just not used?

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pur didn't put a , after No way

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pur you are confusing me...are you saying we have no speed or Athletes, or we have speed and it was just not used?
Sorry Im saying we have speed and the Athletes. We just got hit with the injury bug and BVG scheme was garbage.He didnt put his players in good position to succeed.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was definitely better team speed. Two guys that were lacking it due to injury were Schmidt and Grace, who barely played anyway. Onualu has plenty of speed, Martini is certainly quick enough, Morgan and Coney have speed too. But Coney couldn't get on the field because he has arguably the GOAT playing in front of him and apparently Joe Schmidt is the only one who understands BVG's defense.

It was a tired trope that broadcasters loved to spout, and I think Kelly's done a tremendous job of bringing in faster players, that the old canard has snuck up on people.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you guys. IDK, I hope they can get this figured out. Lots of talent coming in and we need them this yr. IF BVG system is that hard, he either needs to dumb it down and let these kids play, or he needs to go. Still not sure why ND cannot get an elite CFB DC. Who was the last one we had??

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Diaco did a nice job. Barry Alvarez was good

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have been smart enough to go after Dave Aranda. Wisconsin had a very nice defense and they don't recruit near the talent Notre Dame gets. We shouldn't play second fiddle to LSU.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have been smart enough to go after Dave Aranda. Wisconsin had a very nice defense and they don't recruit near the talent Notre Dame gets. We shouldn't play second fiddle to LSU.

I would have liked that hire or the guy from BC

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most knew we were going to land him. He has hinted a couple of times already. Its nice to be official now. Big time get for ND. ND class is looking really good. J. McKinley is the type of WR this team needs.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Javon McKinley just announced he's taking his talents to South-Bend.

GO IRISH! ONWARD TO VICTORY!