• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drove this thing from South Bend to Georgia? I guess we have quite the crush on this kid.
Yes we do. Like I said this is like when we signed Te'o or when we arrived at I. Williams at 6:00 AM before he went to PSU. Most scouts are saying he is the best WR since Moss going into college. He will be a stud from Day 1.

Sanford went to see Kelly(yesterday) and flew to Georgia to see him. Sanford wants this kid bad.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we do. Like I said this is like when we signed Te'o or when we arrived at I. Williams at 6:00 AM before he went to PSU. Most scouts are saying he is the best WR since Moss going into college. He will be a stud from Day 1.

Sanford went to see Kelly(yesterday) and flew to Georgia to see him. Sanford wants this kid bad.
What of the talk of him cancelling Alabama to re-take the SAT? I read that he's already cleared ND's admissions folks, so he doesn't need to take it for us. Word is his numbers don't cut it for Stanford and he was taking a shot for them. That's what concerns me a bit a this point. Other than that, I think we've wooed him as much as we can.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What of the talk of him cancelling Alabama to re-take the SAT? I read that he's already cleared ND's admissions folks, so he doesn't need to take it for us. Word is his numbers don't cut it for Stanford and he was taking a shot for them. That's what concerns me a bit a this point. Other than that, I think we've wooed him as much as we can.
Yes Stanford is why he is taking it. He just wants to have that option.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Demetris Robertson has scheduled an official visit to ND... after NSD. Not sure why he'd do that if he was planning to go somewhere else.

GO IRISH!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Demetris Robertson has scheduled an official visit to ND... after NSD. Not sure why he'd do that if he was planning to go somewhere else.

GO IRISH!
But why wait then. He just visit last week. I don't know Im starting to get nervous.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why wait then. He just visit last week. I don't know Im starting to get nervous.

It seems like an odd move for sure. The only thing I can think of is that he may want to have a chance to get on campus with his new coaches and teammates once he signs... and on ND's dime? It just seems odd that he'd plan it and that ND would approve it if he was thinking about signing with another school.

I keep hearing positive things regarding Robertson. I'm a little more nervous about being able to land one of the top LB's. If we can get Robertson and one of the top LB's it will certainly be a great finish.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like an odd move for sure. The only thing I can think of is that he may want to have a chance to get on campus with his new coaches and teammates once he signs... and on ND's dime? It just seems odd that he'd plan it and that ND would approve it if he was thinking about signing with another school.

I keep hearing positive things regarding Robertson. I'm a little more nervous about being able to land one of the top LB's. If we can get Robertson and one of the top LB's it will certainly be a great finish.
We will get one of the Top LB. I was hoping for 2 out of the 4. We will land 1 at least.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might lose out on Kelly but Davis just mention ND. We were never in his Top 3 and after the coaches visit he said ND has a good chance. Bama is still the team to beat but some might not be surprised if we stole him. He is the #1 ILB in the country. He Fav coach is Denson. So we have little hope here. Imagine we lose Kelly and gain Davis. WOW.

Again I don't think we land him but keep an eye out for him. ND has a chance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are all talking about Robertson but don't forget we have McKinley and Claypool at the WR position. These 2 are very good. On Defensive we have Hayes, Kareem Pride Jr and Okwara. All 4 are top players. Also don't forget we have the best Oline class in the Country coming in. The best OT in the class and one of the best Guards. This class is loaded with out the other guys we are going after. Love this class. If we can land at least 2 of the 6 we are going after this class will be a monster.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derp! I just realized what you probably meant was "why wait" to announce his decision. Again, I'm not in the kids head, but I can rationalize a few possible reasons. One being that some kids simply like the attention of announcing on NSD with the cameras rolling and the entire CFB world paying attention on this one day. It's not what I would do, but lots of kids seem to like the attention brought on by the big NSD event.

Another could be to simply take a cautious approach. This is a big decision and truly anything could happen in the week leading up to announcing and signing that could cause a kid to regret his decision IF he's the type of kid, from the type of family that wouldn't want to back out after giving his word/verbal commitment. For example, what if Fuller randomly changed his mind again and decided to return for his final season (if he can even do that at this point?). Robertson might feel like he wouldn't get the immediate playing time/opportunities that coaches may have insinuated he would with Fuller gone. What if Zaire/Kizer torn an achilles playing pickup basketball or God forbid one announced that they were transferring to be closer to an ill grandmother (we've all seen that one happen out of the blue)? In those cases Robertson (a WR) might not love the qb depth and may consider going in a different direction with his decision. What if several critical players get caught in a academic scandal a week before NSD and get dismissed from the team (oh, we've seen that one too)? What if an NFL coach had a heart attack a week before NSD and BK quickly became a serious candidate for a top NFL coaching position. I guess I'm saying a cautious kid/family may want to take all of the time that is afforded them to really make sure that they are going into a situation that they are comfortable with, even if he feels that he's made his decision early.

On another note, I like your optimism on those LB's. I'm hoping you're right.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ben Davis news, I'm hearing that his in-home with ND went really, really well last night. He has announced that there is "no longer a leader" in his top 3 and that "NSD will be really interesting." He also claims that his relationship with Autry Denson is more like a "brotherhood," and that he "loves" these ND coaches.

All that is far from a lock, but it sounds like BK and staff may have made up some serious ground with the #1 LB last night.

GO IRISH!

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you guys read that he is taking an official visit to notre dame post NSD? I am only reading that he is taking an official visit to Georgia after National Signing Day

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Davis is a monster. I wouldnt mind that switch Kelly for Davis. I think Jones is a lock for ND. I also think we land 1 LB out of that group. Also dont forget we might take another WR who is waiting for us. He is committed to Mich right now but waiting on ND.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robertson update: Before I start Im shocked Kelly wasnt at the Visit. I know this is more Sanford home run recruit. Ok He is going to Visit GT this weekend. He still wants to see Georgia and Bama so that is why he is waiting the extra weeks. There is a small chance he ends his recruitment after this weekend visit(very small chance). ND is in the lead right now.

The Weird thing is he really wanted that stanford offer. How does he get into ND but not stanford. I mean they say he wasnt even close to getting in. Is Stanford and ND admissions so different.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Weird thing is he really wanted that stanford offer. How does he get into ND but not stanford. I mean they say he wasnt even close to getting in. Is Stanford and ND admissions so different.
Stanford's admissions for its atheletes is supposedly harder than ND's. Stanford has athelete-friendly programs to keep players eligible, and a very liberal add/drop policy so at risk players can simply drop out of a class they're at risk of failing. So the conventional wisdom is, its harder to get into Stanford, but its harder to finish at ND.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford's admissions for its atheletes is supposedly harder than ND's. Stanford has athelete-friendly programs to keep players eligible, and a very liberal add/drop policy so at risk players can simply drop out of a class they're at risk of failing. So the conventional wisdom is, its harder to get into Stanford, but its harder to finish at ND.
Thanks for the Info.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you guys read that he is taking an official visit to notre dame post NSD? I am only reading that he is taking an official visit to Georgia after National Signing Day

That was reported by Anna Hickey for scoutrecruiting and irishillustrated. She focuses on ND football recruiting and recruiting news from prospects in the state of Indiana. She shared the link from her twitter account on 1/27, but you can only read the link if you subscribe to irishillustrated.

On another note, earlier today Caleb Kelly tweeted, "Heads or tails" and indicated that it is an "absolute coin toss right now." I assume that coin toss is between OU and ND?

I just can't wait until NSD so all of this speculation is over and we know who going to be Shaking Down the Thunder for the next few years!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently now some schools (a few in the SEC) are crying foul about the equipment truck stunt, saying its an NCAA secondary violation. We're not supposed to advertise our interest in a given recruit. Apparently driving up in a big truck plastered with ND's logo is not okay. I love ND's response, that's just the coach's mode of transportation, so not a violation.

From the land of the bag men, that's rich.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently now some schools (a few in the SEC) are crying foul about the equipment truck stunt, saying its an NCAA secondary violation. We're not supposed to advertise our interest in a given recruit. Apparently driving up in a big truck plastered with ND's logo is not okay. I love ND's response, that's just the coach's mode of transportation, so not a violation.

From the land of the bag men, that's rich.

Brett Bielema?
He's always been a whiner.