• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Bielema?
He's always been a whiner.
Not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me. Saban whines about other schools going after southern players too. He bitches about satellite camps. Bitches about anything that cuts into his competitive advantage really (no huddle's not fair, etc). I think it was Bama and GA most likely because they're our closest rivals for his services. Stanford might have made a stink too.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently now some schools (a few in the SEC) are crying foul about the equipment truck stunt, saying its an NCAA secondary violation. We're not supposed to advertise our interest in a given recruit. Apparently driving up in a big truck plastered with ND's logo is not okay. I love ND's response, that's just the coach's mode of transportation, so not a violation.

From the land of the bag men, that's rich.

So now some poor schlub has to commute to work in an ND 18 wheeler for the next few months to prove its his form of transportation.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now some poor schlub has to commute to work in an ND 18 wheeler for the next few months to prove its his form of transportation.
Well played, posting buddy!

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some new rumors on Robertson. Most are still predicting he ends up with ND as he has cancelled multiple official visits with Alabama (although I believe he was at G/T this weekend). Anyway, there is a rumor that he scheduled an official with ND after NSD because he may not be signing on NSD. I believe (as it may have been mentioned in this thread) that he cancelled with Bama to retake his SAT's in an effort to gain admission to Stanford. Supposedly he just wants to keep his options open and that's why he's retaken the SAT's. Regardless, ND seems to be in the lead. However, it is a little unsettling that he's putting this much effort into keeping the Stanford option open.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard some new rumors on Robertson. Most are still predicting he ends up with ND as he has cancelled multiple official visits with Alabama (although I believe he was at G/T this weekend). Anyway, there is a rumor that he scheduled an official with ND after NSD because he may not be signing on NSD. I believe (as it may have been mentioned in this thread) that he cancelled with Bama to retake his SAT's in an effort to gain admission to Stanford. Supposedly he just wants to keep his options open and that's why he's retaken the SAT's. Regardless, ND seems to be in the lead. However, it is a little unsettling that he's putting this much effort into keeping the Stanford option open.
Yes I agree, Did he even visit Stanford? i don't get it. Well we will find out very soon.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree, Did he even visit Stanford? i don't get it. Well we will find out very soon.

It seems that any time you get a bunch of rumors surrounding a player like this it doesn't turn out well. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up elsewhere.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream that ND got Ben Davis and not Robertson or Kelly. I sometimes have dreams that I am Wolverine or that I can fly just like in real life so I'm pretty confident that Davis will sign with ND. Seriously, I think we land 1 of the 3 which Robertson is probably the most likely.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems that any time you get a bunch of rumors surrounding a player like this it doesn't turn out well. I hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up elsewhere.
Its either Stanford or ND. Right now he cant get in Stanford so its ND. Thats how I look at it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a dream that ND got Ben Davis and not Robertson or Kelly. I sometimes have dreams that I am Wolverine or that I can fly just like in real life so I'm pretty confident that Davis will sign with ND. Seriously, I think we land 1 of the 3 which Robertson is probably the most likely.
I agree. We land 1 of 3 but we also sign Jones and another top player on their list.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We land 1 of 3 but we also sign Jones and another top player on their list.

I also heard that Jones is a done deal. Robertson recruiting process has been so weird. He schedules visits to Alabama and doesn't show. It was suggested that he will visit Georgia again after National Signing day but now it appears he won't. He wants to take the SATs again to see if he can qualify to get into Stanford. I would think it is a little late now for that process. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with Notre Dame and then never makes it onto campus. The old Eddie Vanderdoes scenario.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lou::hope::amen:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also heard that Jones is a done deal. Robertson recruiting process has been so weird. He schedules visits to Alabama and doesn't show. It was suggested that he will visit Georgia again after National Signing day but now it appears he won't. He wants to take the SATs again to see if he can qualify to get into Stanford. I would think it is a little late now for that process. I wouldn't be surprised if he signs with Notre Dame and then never makes it onto campus. The old Eddie Vanderdoes scenario.
Well, I think its a safe bet (unless he cancels) that any visits scheduled after NSD means he's not signing on NSD. I thought he was scheduled to come here about a week afterward. I haven't seen any word on any visits to Stanford. FWIW, I have a friend who's a Georgia fan who seems pretty convinced he's going there, but I am not reading anything into it, he's a gigantic homer.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing was as weird as Tee Shepard. I still feel bad for that kid.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's now headed to Miami of Ohio. Reunited with Chuck Martin.

A top 100 player. A CB with good size and speed. I think he played about five games. I hope he does well with Martin.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys here is a little recap: ND has 22 commits right now. They rank from 5th to 10th in class rank. Depends where you look. They are still after a lot of top talent. ND has 5 EE on campus; Hayes, Kareem, Studstill, Perry, and Stepherson.

Here are some names to watch out for: Robertson, Kelly, Davis, Jones, McCulloch, Fuller.

Jones: Between ND and Mich but word is ND is a lock here.
Robertson: Everything is pointing towards ND. cross your fingers.
Kelly: Looks like Oklahoma won this battle. word out of his camp he is all sooners. Unless a change of heart ND lost on this one.
Davis: Long shot for ND but truth be told ND fought their way into his final 3. He is a Bama Legacy no way he picks ND unless he wants to shock everyone. 1 thing to keep an eye on is he said over the weekend that "signing day will be interesting."
McCulloch: People expect Texas here but at 1 time ND was in the lead. He also said it will be interesting come signing day. You never know.
Fuller: Well we dont have to wait long he will be making his decision tonight. Its between ND, OSU and Mich. Most believe he will pick OSU. ND is running 2nd.

Best Prediction: Jones and Robertson. ND grabs a 5 star WR and a 4 Star LB to finish the class. Just landing these 2 would be BIG for ND. This would look like 1 hell of a class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor flying around that ND flipped a Big time RB. No clue. Just a rumor.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor flying around that ND flipped a Big time RB. No clue. Just a rumor.

In this class or next years because I had heard they were pushing hard for the Alabama commit in 2017 from California.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller just picked OSU. 1 down. Damn it. Oh well. He was a long shot anyways.