• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is news is based on the 2017 class. I know it dosnt help us next year but ND is close to landing the #4 DT in the nation. This would be a BIG get for ND. Whenever you land a top Dlineman prospect is big. Haskell Garrett has ND at #1 and he even said it will be tough to knock off ND. He just wants to get on campus 1st before he picks ND.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is news is based on the 2017 class. I know it dosnt help us next year but ND is close to landing the #4 DT in the nation. This would be a BIG get for ND. Whenever you land a top Dlineman prospect is big. Haskell Garrett has ND at #1 and he even said it will be tough to knock off ND. He just wants to get on campus 1st before he picks ND.

yeah it would be huge to land a top 5 DT along with one of the top DE's in 2017 if not the top according to some sites.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is great news! If I remember correctly, this kid is from Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. It seems like we've landed a few of their top prospects (Ronnie Stanley, Alize Jones to name a few) over the last couple of years. They seem to be routinely ranked as one of the top H.S. programs in the country, so I'd love to get a pipeline running straight from them to us.

GO IRISH!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news! If I remember correctly, this kid is from Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas. It seems like we've landed a few of their top prospects (Ronnie Stanley, Alize Jones to name a few) over the last couple of years. They seem to be routinely ranked as one of the top H.S. programs in the country, so I'd love to get a pipeline running straight from them to us.

GO IRISH!
Yes he is. ND has a great relationship with that high school. Him and jones are good friends.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO IRISH!

Yeah they are one of the top High School football programs in the country this year was a bit of a down year in talent for them but next year hey have a lot of good players some are already committed but not all.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO IRISH!
Todd Lyght was a coach there too. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to get this off my chest.... Merry Christmas to all my friends here, I always enjoy reading your posts. We have a bunch of good people here and I appreciate the banter. Now I will hope for a Irish victory and many more good days to follow. Hope we get a big Defensive lineman or top notch linebacker recruit for our Christmas Stocking. This goes for some of the other posters from other teams that post here to. Hope its happy and safe.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND target CB Troy Pride Jr. is set to announce his decision today at 4 pm EST. ND is the heavy favorite, and if it holds true, the news gets even better. Pride has made a huge jump in the rankings (at least on 24/7 sports). Following an outstanding senior season he's been bumped from 262 ranked overall and the 23 best CB up to number 82 overall and the 9 ranked CB. That's quite a jump. Here's to hoping for an early Christmas present in the form of another Top 100 player for the good guys.

GO IRISH!

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official... well as official as a verbal commitment can be. ND picked up a verbal from Troy Pride Sr. He said coaches Autry Denson and Todd Lyght played a major role in his decision as they created a real family atmosphere for him and that BK and BVG really made him feel like he was a priority. Looks like ND had a good eye in noticing a player who may not have been on everyone's radar early, but sure came on late to end up as a Top 100 player. Hoping we keep this recruiting momentum up and finish strong on and off the field.

GO IRISH! ONWARD TO VICTORY!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great get. this class is becoming special. alot of top athlets. i havent see ND finish this strong in a long time.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when you have a season in which you win 10 games only lose by 4 points in those two losses and are ranked in the top ten good things are bound to happen on the recruiting trail when you are a school like Notre Dame.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can remember another year where they have finished so strong. I mean we are adding a 4 star recruit like every week. 2 months ago this class was ranked 20th and not depending where u look we are between 5th-10th in ranked.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are finishing strong it takes time to recruit the kind of depth they have now and you could argue they are a little thin in a few spots.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey McCulloch has told the guys covering the Under Armour game that he is going to commit to the school with the best QB situation of the schools he's considering it will be hard to believe that school isn't Notre Dame considering the others listed were Texas, Texas A&M, and Stanford (losing Hogan).

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffrey McCulloch has told the guys covering the Under Armour game that he is going to commit to the school with the best QB situation of the schools he's considering it will be hard to believe that school isn't Notre Dame considering the others listed were Texas, Texas A&M, and Stanford (losing Hogan).
Might be a dumb question, but why would a LB prospect let a QB situation dictate his decision?

Only thing I could think of is having a great QB sets you up for more wins as a team ... mebbe.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a dumb question, but why would a LB prospect let a QB situation dictate his decision?

Only thing I could think of is having a great QB sets you up for more wins as a team ... mebbe.
I was wondering that myself.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, his point of view is you aren't going to win if you don't have good QB play.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of the teams he's visited Notre Dame has the best QB situation.