• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more sidenote about Studstill, ND had him as their #1 secondary target coming into this recruiting year. ND wanted him bad.

Here is some other exciting news for ND recruiting:

-Most have 4 star LB Jeffrey McCulloch picking ND. He is ranked 82 overall player in the country and #7 OLB. They say he is a very bright young man and football isn't his main reason in picking a school. Education is big for him. Only negative is distance. If him and family can get over that ND would be a shoe in.

-ND in the lead for4 star LB Jonathan Jones. He is ranked 210 overall player and #17 OLB in the country. Close battle with Mich and Duke. What keeps ND in the lead is he already said he wanted to commit to ND but will wait it out. Another player that puts Education 1st. He loves ND academics. His parents are sold on ND.

These 2 Big pick ups might put ND in the Top 3 in some sites and Top 5-7 in others.

1 more thing NJ product 4 star CB Jordan Fuller has ND in his Top 5 and it more like in his top 3. He is friends with Wimbush. Other schools in the mix are OSU, Penn St, Mich, VT. He is ranked #86 overall player and #5 athlete and #2 prospect from NJ.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more sidenote about Studstill, ND had him as their #1 secondary target coming into this recruiting year. ND wanted him bad.

Here is some other exciting news for ND recruiting:

-Most have 4 star LB Jeffrey McCulloch picking ND. He is ranked 82 overall player in the country and #7 OLB. They say he is a very bright young man and football isn't his main reason in picking a school. Education is big for him. Only negative is distance. If him and family can get over that ND would be a shoe in.

-ND in the lead for4 star LB Jonathan Jones. He is ranked 210 overall player and #17 OLB in the country. Close battle with Mich and Duke. What keeps ND in the lead is he already said he wanted to commit to ND but will wait it out. Another player that puts Education 1st. He loves ND academics. His parents are sold on ND.

These 2 Big pick ups might put ND in the Top 3 in some sites and Top 5-7 in others.

1 more thing NJ product 4 star CB Jordan Fuller has ND in his Top 5 and it more like in his top 3. He is friends with Wimbush. Other schools in the mix are OSU, Penn St, Mich, VT. He is ranked #86 overall player and #5 athlete and #2 prospect from NJ.

It's all great news. I think they are taking at least 2 more LB in this class maybe 3 because I'm not sure that Hayes isn't going to end up at DE.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they did a great job of loading up on OL prospects (Kraemer, Eichenberg and Boudreaux) early along with a few skill position players (Claypool and Jones) on offense and then they've done a great job of finishing strong by solidifying the defense lately with guys like Hayes, Kareem, and Studstill.

I feel like we're really solid at the skill positions and we've got some depth since so many guys had to play early because of injuries and we've pulled in some real talent on the OL and defense in this class. I think that combination is what contends for championships. Look at what Bama has done over the last 8-10 years with good OL play and a strong running game when it's matched with a good defense. I think we're going to have that along with great QB play and talented WR's.

The future looks bright! GO IRISH!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like they did a great job of loading up on OL prospects (Kraemer, Eichenberg and Boudreaux) early along with a few skill position players (Claypool and Jones) on offense and then they've done a great job of finishing strong by solidifying the defense lately with guys like Hayes, Kareem, and Studstill.

I feel like we're really solid at the skill positions and we've got some depth since so many guys had to play early because of injuries and we've pulled in some real talent on the OL and defense in this class. I think that combination is what contends for championships. Look at what Bama has done over the last 8-10 years with good OL play and a strong running game when it's matched with a good defense. I think we're going to have that along with great QB play and talented WR's.

The future looks bright! GO IRISH!

The future does look bright with the recruiting classes Notre Dame is bringing in. The major difference between what Weis did recruiting and Kelly is that Kelly has gotten top defensive talent that Weis couldn't seem to get minus a couple of players like Te'o and Harrison Smith.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future does look bright with the recruiting classes Notre Dame is bringing in. The major difference between what Weis did recruiting and Kelly is that Kelly has gotten top defensive talent that Weis couldn't seem to get minus a couple of players like Te'o and Harrison Smith.
also kelly is coaching and traching better and getting full potential out of these kids. Weis biggest negative was he couldnt improve these talented kids.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to get some top DL prospects like we did with nix and tuitt

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also kelly is coaching and traching better and getting full potential out of these kids. Weis biggest negative was he couldnt improve these talented kids.

That too though they have missed on a few big recruits like Morgan (so far) and by and large Redfield has been good but not great kind of underwhelming.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to get some top DL prospects like we did with nix and tuitt

I agree especially at the DT position but I would kind of throw Tillery in that mold and I think they could have that type of guy in Kareem and Hayes in this class.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much VG is holding Redfield back. I get the positive of him being average is you know he will come back next year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too though they have missed on a few big recruits like Morgan (so far) and by and large Redfield has been good but not great kind of underwhelming.
Yes but look at Fuller, Kizer and many others that weren't big time recruits. Overall they have done a good job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree especially at the DT position but I would kind of throw Tillery in that mold and I think they could have that type of guy in Kareem and Hayes in this class.
Don't get me wrong I like Tillery but I didn't see what all the hype was about. yes I know he was only a Frosh and he held his own but I didn't see any Big time plays from him. Im not saying he isn't good I just didn't see anything great.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I like Tillery but I didn't see what all the hype was about. yes I know he was only a Frosh and he held his own but I didn't see any Big time plays from him. Im not saying he isn't good I just didn't see anything great.
He came in having been well-coached in HS. They said he'd already developed the ability to use his hands, which usually takes a season or two to master. Its really very rare for a freshman to come in and play in the interior DL and make a big impact as a FR. I think he'll be fine, although I also get the sense that the Showtime coverage of him went to his head a bit too. Don't know how I feel about the Ireland trip in the middle of the damn season either.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thin he showed flashes this year and will be a very good player moving forward.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came in having been well-coached in HS. They said he'd already developed the ability to use his hands, which usually takes a season or two to master. Its really very rare for a freshman to come in and play in the interior DL and make a big impact as a FR. I think he'll be fine, although I also get the sense that the Showtime coverage of him went to his head a bit too. Don't know how I feel about the Ireland trip in the middle of the damn season either.
A lot of recruits liked the series on showtime and some actually said that was a big factor because it let them get to know the coaches and what type of players were on the team. Studstill mention the show and he loved the coaching staff. The show was a positive. I would love for them to have it again but I know they wont because they will pick another team.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Purguy that was a positive the recruits got to see all the day to day things that they might not see on a recruiting visit. Of course it's all edited to put the most positive spin on things but it did give the recruits more access to the coaches and players when they weren't trying to impress them.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of recruits liked the series on showtime and some actually said that was a big factor because it let them get to know the coaches and what type of players were on the team. Studstill mention the show and he loved the coaching staff. The show was a positive. I would love for them to have it again but I know they wont because they will pick another team.

Maybe Notre Dame is on showtime again. Who knows if Showtime can pick a team from a conference? There would be a lot of unhappy teams in the conference that are not getting the publicity. Urban Meyer would throw a shit fit if Michigan was the team on Showtime etc.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Notre Dame is on showtime again. Who knows if Showtime can pick a team from a conference? There would be a lot of unhappy teams in the conference that are not getting the publicity. Urban Meyer would throw a shit fit if Michigan was the team on Showtime etc.

Yeah he would. I'm guessing it might get trickier with conferences in the sense that you would maybe have to do the entire conference.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he would. I'm guessing it might get trickier with conferences in the sense that you would maybe have to do the entire conference.
A different team every week.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 5 star Calab Kelly the Top LB won the same award as Te'o and Smith. It would be awesome to land him. We are in his top 5.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the breakdown on who is left on ND board.
1)McKinley(4 star WR)- ND vs Wash vs Oregon battle right now. Announcement Jan 9th. ND in the lead.
2)Robertson(5 star WR)- ND,Bama,Georgia and Stanford battle. Top 2 Bama and ND. Announcement NSD
3)McCulloch(4 star LB)- ND, Texas AM and Texas battle. Announcement Jan 2nd. ND is in the lead.
4)Damar Hamlin(4 star CB)- ND, OSU,Pitt and PSU battle. Announcement end of Jan. ND is in the Top 2
5)Jonathan Jones(4 star LB)- ND and Mich battle. ND might have the slight lead.
6)Caleb Kelly(5 star LB)- ND, Oklahoma, Oregon and Mich battle. announcement NSD. ND trailing Oklahoma.
7)Troy Pride Jr(4 star CB)ND and UNC battle. Announcement Ant time. ND has a nice lead.
8)Jordan Fuller(4 DB)- ND,OSU,PSU and VT battle. ND is behind in this battle.
9)Alloway(4 star APB)-ND and UCLA battle. ND once a lock and starting to fade. more on ND side not alloway.
10)Ferns(4 star LB)- ND, PSU and WV battle. ND slight behind PSU but this is more of a back up option for ND.
11)Morris(3 star ATH)- ND has a big time lead. 1 problem there might not be room for him. He is waiting on ND.

ND will land at least 5 of these 11.