• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha jokes. But luckily for us, one more round of flirting will be it for her. I for one see VT as a good enough catch that we shouldn't have to drink and cover our conference's head. So, I guess thank you for making that point haha.

Side note...who said the ACC had a good enough body that a bag would do the trick?

If the SEC was a woman, she would be a pretty one, but she would have an IQ of 60 and she would cheat on you behind your back. Give me the 7 that is smart and loyal any day.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I pull for VT, but I also want ACC teams to win their non-conference games. For VT to have credibility, it helps for some of the other teams in the ACC to have credibility. Otherwise, VT has to play stellar non-conference games and win them.

So yes, I want Florida State, Clemson, and Miami to have decent teams. I still want VT to beat them, but I want it to mean something.

I don't give a shit about "Team ACC", though I do get tired of hearing how much the bottom two-thirds sucks. I root for ACC teams that are on our schedule that year, when they directly influence VT's strength of schedule and when they have a chance to be ranked before we beat them. That's it.

If we beat FSU and/or will face them in the ACCCG, then I hope they beat Florida. Same goes for Clem/SoCar, GT/UGA, BC/ND, etc.

**Generally, UVA is the exception to this rule. They can lose every game, even against William and Mary. I can deal with that ACC criticism.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC was a woman, she would be a pretty one, but she would have an IQ of 60 and she would cheat on you behind your back. Give me the 7 that is smart and loyal any day.

That's all well and good, but the ACC is miles away from being a 7. She may have been a 7 when they expanded back in 04, but she has aged VERY poorly and gained a lot of weight. As they say, the acc has been ridden hard and put up wet.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, but the ACC is miles away from being a 7. She may have been a 7 when they expanded back in 04, but she has aged VERY poorly and gained a lot of weight. As they say, the acc has been ridden hard and put up wet.

Haha I got such a kick out of that. I can just picture an episode of college football live where one of the analysts just says that matter of factly. But yeah the freshman 15 has come and not gone for the ACC.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Comparing the staying in the ACC to leaving for Gods's Conference....

Why date a 4 who is financially lower-middle class, when you can marry a 10 who is in the 1%?

Because the 10 is only marrying you for a green card and doesn't really love you.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I got such a kick out of that. I can just picture an episode of college football live where one of the analysts just says that matter of factly. But yeah the freshman 15 has come and not gone for the ACC.

Came and not gone..... And then kept coming...over ... And over... And over.

And getting married for a green card is still a marriage and u get to be with the rich ten. The woman who married for the green card knows that if she ever fucks around, she will be back on the boat home after the divorce.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Came and not gone..... And then kept coming...over ... And over... And over.

And getting married for a green card is still a marriage and u get to be with the rich ten. The woman who married for the green card knows that if she ever fucks around, she will be back on the boat home after the divorce.

If you're cool with being cuckolded, more power to you. The girl knows she can find someone else. Yeah, you'll get to be seen in public with the 10 but you're never getting her naked.

I feel like it should be mentioned that VT wanted to get into the ACC for approximately 50 years.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel like it should be mentioned that VT wanted to get into the ACC for approximately 50 years.

True, and I think it can be argued that both the ACC and Virginia Tech got a positive result from that re-alignment.

If Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech can step up their game a bit, the ACC will be fine. In particular, the ACC needs Florida State to turn those stellar recruiting classes into results.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Or alternatively, Virginia Tech needs to win it's BCS bowls.

Or make sure we get refs who don't have a prior history of screwing up in the replay booth.

We all know who won that game, even Michigan fans.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We all know who won that game, even Michigan fans.

Yea. Michigan. Sure VT was robbed, but the only thing that counts is the official result.

And it's really too bad, because Michigan IS going to be a power to be reckoned with. That really was the time to beat them.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True, and I think it can be argued that both the ACC and Virginia Tech got a positive result from that re-alignment.

If Florida State, Miami, Clemson, and Georgia Tech can step up their game a bit, the ACC will be fine. In particular, the ACC needs Florida State to turn those stellar recruiting classes into results.

VT has blood on their hands for the ACC's struggles. Less blood than FSU or Miami but they aren't blameless. FSU complaining about the ACC is like a 400 pound dude complaining his wife isn't hot enough. VT complaining about the ACC is like a 275 LB pound guy complaining about his wife.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats with all the wife and marriage talk in this shit?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we're using metaphors, here's my take:

The SEC is the cute girl in middle school who was a normal girl with potential. Then all of a sudden in high school she is a drop dead 10. With her sudden popularity she starts sleeping around and by the time you run into her on a summer back from a break in college, you see she's still pretty hot but running her course with the sex, drugs, and rock and roll. She could stay hot for a while, but needs to clean herself up. You want to jump in with her because she's still at her peak, but the decline may come if she continues at this pace.

The ACC is the cute girl in middle school, who you thought would blossom in high school, but stayed relatively the same and was kind of forgotten in high school. Unlike the SEC girl, when you see her on break from college, she's still a cute attractive girl, with tons of potential, but you're afraid it'll never happen. She's fed up with you not taking notice and may leave you alone if you don't make a move to get her.

The Big 10 is the girl who is very preppy and very boring, but always hot. A solid 8 from middle school to high school. You won't have fun with her, but she'll be steady through and through. She's the best long term form of success in that you know what you get: she'll stay hot and stay with you, but you're not sure if she's the best fit because of how boring she is and her tendencies to be cold.

The Big 12 is the drunk girl who is a freak in bed, but completely nuts and is hung up on her old boyfriend. She was hot in middle school and high school, but had a bad breakup in college. She can't let him go and he still controls her life, to the point of destroying it and anyone who is involved. It may be fun for a one time deal, but it's not meant to last.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT has blood on their hands for the ACC's struggles. Less blood than FSU or Miami but they aren't blameless. FSU complaining about the ACC is like a 400 pound dude complaining his wife isn't hot enough. VT complaining about the ACC is like a 275 LB pound guy complaining about his wife.

I'm not sure I am following you Rocco?? Why is VT partially responsible for the ACC's struggles?? Because we lost a few tough games?? Not sure I agree with what I think you are saying. Explain further if you will.

If anything, VT has carried the ACC banner and the conference on its back since it joined and kept the conference SOMEWHAT relevant. Sure, We have lost some big games that we should have won, but it is not like anyone else is stepping up. At the very least the Hokies have dominated conference play, 53-11 since it joined the ACC (not counting ACCCG). That's pretty damned good regardless of any conference you play in. You would be hard pressed to find a team with much better success in conference over the last 10-12 than that. Imagine how this conference would be looked upon had VT not been here the last 10 years...

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a lot of merit to bigesse16's analysis, though VT is already hooked up with the ACC. She's just not taking care of herself the way we'd like.