• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why date a lower-middle class 4, when you can marry a 10 in the 1%?

She will be home when you get there, hot meal ready, smile on her face.

Other dudes will point at you and laugh, while wondering who knocked up their trophy wife, because they sure ain't gettin' any.

BJs in your PJs

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the ACC can keep FSU in, and VT, FSU, and Clemson pick up their game a little, the ACC really could be fine.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the ACC can keep FSU in, and VT, FSU, and Clemson pick up their game a little, the ACC really could be fine.

It could be as simple as one of these three competing for a title this year or next year. In fact, that would likely heavily influence the "top 4" discussion.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not toeing the company line, he's toeing the correct line. Neither FSU nor Clemson are going anywhere, IMO.

That's exactly what the Big XII said when A&M's athletic department and university staff vehemently denied their move to the SEC. Now I don't think Clemson is going anywhere unless the SEC comes calling, but this is all deja vu considering all the moves and games being played by the universities.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48ur.jpg

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its all rhetoric right now....nothing should be taken to seriously right now.......i think its still on,but we will see after play-off announcement

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steger is an awkwardy kind of cool guy. I have tailgated at his house and spent time there for other reasons (my folks are distinguished alum, not me....yet :target:) and he really loves Tech and wants the school to grow and prosper on all levels. He is goofy though, ha ha.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like they say in the city, "Money Talks, Shit Walks."

Its amazing how fast 1000% shrinks to zero, and attitudes change when a few million more a year becomes the new calculus.

I am truly astounded how many people are buying into the shit being flung onto the proverbial wall... Here you not only have the head football coach scoffing and lamenting a potential move, but the chairman of the BOT completely quashing any and all of these rumors. Not sure who these "sources" are that keep citing all these back room, closed door talks, but that's certainly some strongly worded verbiage from our leadership for the aforementioned to be taking place. If people aren't believing the folks that actually know what's going on, I reckon they've deluded themselves into thinking this move is inevitable and cannot be convinced even by the most rational cold hard facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who is sure Clemson is leaving the ACC isn't thinking straight. But the same is true for anyone who is sure Clemson isn't leaving. On the one hand you have rumors (which should always be taken with a grain of salt even when they make sense) and on the other you have officials who will lie if it suits their interest (very few get to those positions without proving that).

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am truly astounded how many people are buying into the shit being flung onto the proverbial wall... Here you not only have the head football coach scoffing and lamenting a potential move, but the chairman of the BOT completely quashing any and all of these rumors. Not sure who these "sources" are that keep citing all these back room, closed door talks, but that's certainly some strongly worded verbiage from our leadership for the aforementioned to be taking place. If people aren't believing the folks that actually know what's going on, I reckon they've deluded themselves into thinking this move is inevitable and cannot be convinced even by the most rational cold hard facts.

No delusion here. FSU holds the key. Lets see what happens Aug 15 with them, before progosticating what the future holds.

Its not a matter of believing them. Im sure they are nice southern folks, who mean what they say at the moment.

Clocks keep ticking, and moments change to a newer moment.

Money Talks, Shit Walks.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You shouldn't be astounded. Realignment rumors make for good, interesting conversation in the offseason .. And Mizzou and aTm basically denied it to the end. What they say and what they mean can be totally different .. and they have to maintain plausible deniability to save face if they decide not to go or .. worse .. isn't wanted.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fsu still looking gone, but clemson has taken a step back for now as the big 12 appears to have shifted it's focus into Notre dame. This there is a real possibility ND goes there. Texas really wants ND bc of LHN. Anyhow.... if FSU leaves and Clemson stays, do y'all think the ACC is worth staying in?