• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment Thread

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you on that. It DOES make a difference who you play. Otherwise, why bother going from the Big East to the ACC? You certainly need to be in a conference with an automatic bid to the national championship game.

If the ACC sucks, we'll have to change conferences. If VT wants a national championship, VT is going to have to play some teams with good records, so strength of schedule really does matter.

Exactly. Rep. And forty six, I'm chanting S-E-C till I die if/when we go. Bc if we somehow stumble along the way during the season, but another sec team wins the title, then it gives us a better shot at credibility going forward. The sec is never going anywhere. Best conference in nearly every sport. 9 titles this year alone. No exit fee for a reason....

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you on that. It DOES make a difference who you play. Otherwise, why bother going from the Big East to the ACC? You certainly need to be in a conference with an automatic bid to the national championship game.

If the ACC sucks, we'll have to change conferences. If VT wants a national championship, VT is going to have to play some teams with good records, so strength of schedule really does matter.

Exactly. Rep. And forty six, I'm chanting S-E-C till I die if/when we go. Bc if we somehow stumble along the way during the season, but another sec team wins the title, then it gives us a better shot at credibility going forward. The sec is never going anywhere. Best conference in nearly every sport. 9 titles this year alone. No exit fee for a reason....

This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard, and I never understood the concept. I am a Hokie fan, not a conference fan. I don't root for other teams because they happen to be in our conference and then take credit for them being good. Make your own damn success.

Get your own credibility and stature. Fuck sucking the dick of some other group of teams. The "Team SEC" attitude is what turns me off the most about them.

Root for your TEAM....fuck the rest.....

And, matt, I know you will chant it forever. hell you are already knobbing on the balls of a conference that your supposed team is not even a part of. I would expect nothing less. :D

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck conference pride. You really think the SEC gives two shits about a team like SCar, who pops up once or twice every twenty years to flirt with mediocrity? Moreover, do you really think the Tobacco Road mafia will ever allow someone not named UNC to contend for a national championship? Call me paranoid or even a conspiracy theorist, but even the Hokies have been around Swofford and his cronies long enough to know that a spade is still a spade. I just hope Clemson, VT, and FSU get out before the whole thing continues to die a slow, painful death. I for one might consider urinating on the spawn of Swofford if it were on fire, but honestly it would be a waste of valuable protein, urea, and water.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want the ACC to be a strong conference, because if they're not, we'll have to move to one that is. The weakest teams don't have to be stellar, but the strongest ones need to be top notch. The disadvantage of "being a Boise" is that you might have a championship team a year or two and not make it to the championship game -- even if you win every game. If you're not in a powerful conference, you can miss your year.

I understand HOPING that the conference performs well to help credibility, I guess, but in the new system and undefeated conference champion is more than likely going to get the birth so it is in your power to get there. I just hate it when I get on twitter/facebook and see the South Carolina and Georgia idiots chanting "SEC SEC SEC". That is so unbelievably moronic and fanboyish. I wouldn't be caught dead chanting a conference name. I root for a school/team. As far as the rest, fuck them.....

If FSU wins the college softball championship, why the hell should I care.

"Team SEC" as a concept ranks up there with "Team Political party" and "Team Fantasy Players".

It makes me think less of these people as sports fans, it really does..... :L

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand HOPING that the conference performs well to help credibility, I guess, but in the new system and undefeated conference champion is more than likely going to get the birth so it is in your power to get there. I just hate it when I get on twitter/facebook and see the South Carolina and Georgia idiots chanting "SEC SEC SEC". That is so unbelievably moronic and fanboyish. I wouldn't be caught dead chanting a conference name. I root for a school/team. As far as the rest, fuck them.....

If FSU wins the college softball championship, why the hell should I care.

"Team SEC" as a concept ranks up there with "Team Political party" and "Team Fantasy Players".

It makes me think less of these people as sports fans, it really does..... :L

They're too stupid to know anything else; its the same people who call themselves Yankee, Red Sox, and/or Steeler fans even though they couldn't tell you who any players were five years ago and have never (nor ever will) set foot in their stadium/ballpark...

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I always pull for other teams in conference, but i dont go around bragging about their accomplishments.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credibility is the key word there. Do I care if Miami, FSU, etc. look good for their own sakes? Hell no. I hate 'em. Do I want them to be perceived as good (which means they are winning) in a year that we play them? Yes! So that when we smack them around it improves our credibility. For VT's sake, not theirs. And since we're in the same conference, we're playing them pretty frequently, so they can't just be one year wonders. If the ACC can raise the bar and have more teams perceived as good (keep it up, Clemson... come on, FSU... get with it, Miami...) we can make this work in the ACC. But if they suck (or leave) and we're just destroying so-so teams...

I suppose we could rely on a schedule with multiple OOC heavy-weights every year. But that's a tougher path to plot (will they agree to schedule us? will they be as good as we thought when game time rolls around? etc.).

Do I chant ACC!? No. It's all about VT, baby.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the ACC sucks, we'll have to change conferences. If VT wants a national championship, VT is going to have to play some teams with good records, so strength of schedule really does matter. I want the ACC to be a strong conference, because if they're not, we'll have to move to one that is. The weakest teams don't have to be stellar, but the strongest ones need to be top notch. The disadvantage of "being a Boise" is that you might have a championship team a year or two and not make it to the championship game -- even if you win every game. If you're not in a powerful conference, you can miss your year.

We have all had this argument before. Sure, it does make a difference who VT plays, and it makes a little bit of difference with the SOS. But until the ACC starts turning heads year after year after year..it is not going to matter. Personally, I would like to see UVA lose every damned game for eternity..and some of the other teams too. I like 46, could give a shit less. For VT to truly contend for the MNC they must...(in order of most important)

A) Have most every team in every other of the major four conferences lose at least 1 game...period.
B) Go undefeated...period

As the system is today..that is the only realistic shot we have IMHO. When it comes down to SOS for VT..it really doesn't have that much bearing when you consider we have to have the above two points fall in our favor. Now give it, if it were VT and some middle of the pack Big 4 teams (say, Kansas, KST, Purdue, and maybe Illinois for instance) then we might have enough clout to get in over one or two of those teams depending on who we played. But if you think we would ever get in over Oklahoma, OKSt., Texas, Michigan, OSU, ANY SEC team, even with a VERY strong SOS..then you are being naive my friend...

Now with a 4 team playoff supposedly coming, that will be much more favorable for teams like VT. We at least may have a fighting chance if we lose 1 game or (hopefully) less.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always pull for other teams in conference, but i dont go around bragging about their accomplishments.

This sums up how I feel as well. Come bowl season, first and foremost I want Tech to win, but I'm also hoping that the conference fairs well. However, I will not bring up BC's bowl record in an effort to make Tech look better.

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard, and I never understood the concept. I am a Hokie fan, not a conference fan. I don't root for other teams because they happen to be in our conference and then take credit for them being good. Make your own damn success.

Get your own credibility and stature. Fuck sucking the dick of some other group of teams. The "Team SEC" attitude is what turns me off the most about them.

Root for your TEAM....fuck the rest.....

And, matt, I know you will chant it forever. hell you are already knobbing on the balls of a conference that your supposed team is not even a part of. I would expect nothing less. :D

Damn dude, you're having a bad day, I can tell, cause I get like that too.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do I really have to point out that the SEC had TWO teams in the national championship last year?

I pull for VT, but I also want ACC teams to win their non-conference games. For VT to have credibility, it helps for some of the other teams in the ACC to have credibility. Otherwise, VT has to play stellar non-conference games and win them.

So yes, I want Florida State, Clemson, and Miami to have decent teams. I still want VT to beat them, but I want it to mean something.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah .. I agree with most of this .. I am sort of rooting for ACC teams in OOC games, just for the hope of helping the conference's credibility .. Aside from that .. fuck them -- there is no team that I dislike more than UVA .. and a big part of me wants to see Auburn beat Clemson's ass .. but at the same time, I'm hoping that VT, FSU, Clemson will all start winning the big games.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the staying in the ACC to leaving for Gods's Conference....

Why date a 4 who is financially lower-middle class, when you can marry a 10 who is in the 1%?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing the staying in the ACC to leaving for Gods's Conference....

Why date a 4 who is financially lower-middle class, when you can marry a 10 who is in the 1%?

Cause the 4 can cook, and other dudes will leave her alone.

Thats why God invented 6 packs, and bags.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do join the SEC, I am going to puke when Hokie fans start the "conference pride" bullshit as well. That talk is for fucking losers. I am a Hokie fan. Fuck the rest of the ACC. I could give a fuck about them.

Nothing is more lame then a stupid ass Georgia fan taking pride in an Alabama national title.

I know "but the image, strength of schedule, make us look good..." bullshit but in the new system it isn't going to matter anyway. I hope that UVA, UNC etc lose every game they play. I am not going to take pride in any win that another team gets.

i'll be puking right next to you.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha jokes. But luckily for us, one more round of flirting will be it for her. I for one see VT as a good enough catch that we shouldn't have to drink and cover our conference's head. So, I guess thank you for making that point haha.

Side note...who said the ACC had a good enough body that a bag would do the trick?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I really have to point out that the SEC had TWO teams in the national championship last year?

And what does that have to do with the other 10 teams in the conference? If Alabama and LSU want to pound their chest about being in a bogus NCG, then so be it, but for all the fans from Georgia or Florida or any other SEC school, they are just riding coat tails it's all just bullshit. Like 46 said, I'd rather take pride in my own school and the accomplishments that they have as opposed to some other team just because they are in my conference.