• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking uniforms by conference

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Colonel Reb on the helmets of Ole MIss. Back in the day when Archie was playing. That was cool to see on there helmets. I think they should bring that back for a game or two!

i think its safe to say that colonel reb is never making a come back

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC-12

1. Oregon - multiple combinations, they all look sharp and different, sometimes change to uniforms can be a bad thing, or it looks like a poor job by the maker, but Nike tends to do a great job with Oregon uniforms. They just look cool.

2. USC - this is where simple and tradition looks good. USC uniforms just show history and it looks good.

3. Stanford - Again, simple and much like the style of play Stanford plays, their uniforms seem to show that.

4. Washington State - Like the logo on the helmet, also some of their news combo unis look pretty good. Waiting for an all black uni and helmet, with the WSU logo being white, kinda like Jolly Rogerish, tribute to Mike Leach.

5. Colorado - Although you can now attribute the Buffaloes uniform to the state of Colorado's High School football team and although I cant stand this failure of a program, Their uniforms are pretty awesome.

6. Oregon State - Don't know yet about their new unis, wait to see I guess, but I did like their old ones of last year.

7. UCLA - simple, classic, better than the rest of what is left within the PAC.

8. Utah - Use to like them better than I do now, but overall the uniform just looks boring.

9. Arizona State - Would be higher had they stuck with Sparky on the helmet, but really with their new uniforms, the only combo I like is the all black.

10. CAL - would be higher but that awful stripe on the helmet kills them, without the stripe on the helmet CAL is higher on my list, but seriously, hate odd sized stripes on helmets.

11. Arizona - Something new needs to happen here. I know they just got a uniform overhaul, but it looks bad, nothing really changed but their colors. They need a new logo on their helmet or something, completely re brand Arizona, not just give them copper as a color. Also, their all red unis remind me of the outfit Britney Spears wore in that music video.

12. Washington - purple is ghey

And I also think Oregon should put " Puddles" back on there helmet. I know there the leading edge in Uni's but man I bet the players and fans would love to see them do it once in a while. At least the Utah game because that's what they had when we beat em in Utah. :yahoo:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about florida:
i wonder if thats a case of the chicken or the egg.....

who came up with that unifrom color scheme first :noidea:

as for FSU:
its not really the bad color combination that gets me.....its the insanely stupid helmet design

Really insanely stupid helmet design? You mean the one that is very high in every vote for best helmet design every year. What is stupid about it? I am sorry you feel that way, but you sir are in a very very small minority.

Not sure who came up with your color scheme first.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 10

1. Ohio State - Classic look, along with FSU, pride stickers work here. More pride stickers the better looking the uniform.

2. Nebraska - Simple, classic, looks promising of dominant look. Their uniform just fits their program perfectly.

3. Penn State - Ultimate classic look.

4. Wisconsin - Similar to Nebraska's, Nebraska gets the nod ahead because of 2 things, 1. Success and 2. I really don't like the super bolded W.

5. Iowa - Cool uniforms, cool logo on the helmet. They would be higher but I got one small thing I cant stand about their uniforms and it literally is a small thing. That dot on their helmets that someone told me has something tribute to the farmers? I don't know, but that small polka dot on their helmet is something I don't like.

6. Northwestern - both their traditional unis and their new alternative helmets are pretty cool.

7. Minnesota - Simple, pretty good.

8. Michigan - For some reason people LOVE these unis, to me, eh overrated

9. Indiana - I liked their old uniforms, we will see what their new ones look like, but right now not a fan.

10. Purdue - Black and gold looks good here. But overall a boring uniform

11. Illinois - No comment.

12. Michigan State - U..g...l...y..The different sized stripe on their helmet that overall is a huge ass stripe. Their uniform itself just seems like they are trying to be modern yet old fashion at the same time and not sure which direction they want to go. I think they also have pride stickers? Not sure, yuck overall. Not to mention for whatever reason their uniforms scream boring as well and it is fitting to their style of play. The Spartan logo is also seems boring and too simple for what they are trying to accomplish.
I agree 100% with ya on Mich St. Ugly. Whats cool though about the B1G is not alot of teams have changed there uni's They have pretty much kept to the "CODE".

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really insanely stupid helmet design? You mean the one that is very high in every vote for best helmet design every year. What is stupid about it? I am sorry you feel that way, but you sir are in a very very small minority.

Not sure who came up with your color scheme first.

its just never really clicked with me......and dont take it personally. there have been plenty of dissenters with bama, mich, & osu's unique helmet designs.

for me personally i just think it looks too cluttered with the stickers & arrows.

and arrows shouldnt be on any type of headgear. it makes me think of this
305a.jpg

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I also think Oregon should put " Puddles" back on there helmet. I know they're the leading edge in Uni's but man I bet the players and fans would love to see them do it once in a while. At least the Utah game because that's what they had when we beat em in Utah. :yahoo:

FIFM

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just never really clicked with me......and dont take it personally. there have been plenty of dissenters with bama, mich, & osu's unique helmet designs.

for me personally i just think it looks too cluttered with the stickers & arrows.

and arrows shouldnt be on any type of headgear. it makes me think of this
305a.jpg

Not taking it personally. YOu are the first person I have ever met that did not like the FSU helmet. Makes me curious. They have had this helmet since 1976. Here is something that I am not sure many other fans or programs do. THe Tomahawks given for good performance on the field and classroom can also be taken AWAY for poor performances in either area. Here is the history of the FSU uniforms. I have the same picture in my basement. Tell me which helmet looks the best to you.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i throw in the alternates because if an alternate gets a lot of positive feedback, they usually wear it again in the season (like what syracuse did). if they have a lot to benefit from wearing an alternate, then they should be penalized for wearing an alt as well.

ive only seen 3 UNC games this year, and each game ive seen them have a totally different uniform style. if they are wearing multiple alternates within a season then why shouldnt they count.

Michigan had one of the worst alternates short of Maryland a couple of years ago.

EdwinBakerMichiganState_Michigan10.15.11.jpg

I will take MSU's Bronze and black any day over the bumble bees.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking it personally. YOu are the first person I have ever met that did not like the FSU helmet. Makes me curious. They have had this helmet since 1976. Here is something that I am not sure many other fans or programs do. THe Tomahawks given for good performance on the field and classroom can also be taken AWAY for poor performances in either area. Here is the history of the FSU uniforms. I have the same picture in my basement. Tell me which helmet looks the best to you.

for me personally i think the best would be
-no stickers
-arrow on one side

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan had one of the worst alternates short of Maryland a couple of years ago.

EdwinBakerMichiganState_Michigan10.15.11.jpg

I will take MSU's Bronze and black any day over the bumble bees.

thank god they got rid of them

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that might be a little too much purple. But to be fair I too think the BSU all blue is too much blue. And ask any goofball that has never played the game and they will tell you, it makes those damn Broncos nearly invisible.

Anything that makes it look like you are playing football in a wet suit is too much...

qOM3GAp

CaRdInAl&GoLd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.USC
2.Oregon
3.Oregon State's giantkiller uni's
4.Arizona
5.Washington
6.Arizona State's away uni's before uniform change
7.Stanford
8.Washington State
9.Utah
10.Cal
11.Colorado
12.UCLA

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.USC
2.Oregon
3.Oregon State's giantkiller uni's
4.Arizona
5.Washington
6.Arizona State's away uni's before uniform change
7.Stanford
8.Washington State
9.Utah
10.Cal
11.Colorado
12.UCLA

colorado at 11th

ucla at 12th

seriously??????????

qOM3GAp

CaRdInAl&GoLd
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The black top uni's are alright but as far as ucla goes iv never really been a fan of the color blue in any form.