• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the Most Important Positions

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see several teams that have drafted centers in the 2nd round and the bluechip ones in the mid or late 1st like Ryan Kelly for the Colts. Who gives a shit what other teams are doing, we're talking about how valuable they are to the team.

You know he actually has a point. However it's not that centers are unimportant, they are a key cog of the OL. It's that they are in fact easier to find in the draft. How many tackles in college get converted to center? How about guards getting converted to centers. Now reverse that, how many college centers get converted to guard or tackles? So it's a supply and demand question. If your building a expansion team, you are much more likely to use a high pick on a tackle ( or even guard ) then center. You'll try to find a center later in the draft as a rule, because the pool is larger. Doesn't actually mean they are less important per say, because they are a key cog in the OL, yet there is less urgency to obtain one due to a larger pool to choice from, thus in a way less important.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know he actually has a point. However it's not that centers are unimportant, they are a key cog of the OL. It's that they are in fact easier to find in the draft. How many tackles in college get converted to center? How about guards getting converted to centers. Now reverse that, how many college centers get converted to guard or tackles? So it's a supply and demand question. If your building a expansion team, you are much more likely to use a high pick on a tackle ( or even guard ) then center. You'll try to find a center later in the draft as a rule, because the pool is larger. Doesn't actually mean they are less important per say, because they are a key cog in the OL, yet there is less urgency to obtain one due to a larger pool to choice from, thus in a way less important.
Oh he does- it's a big reason why I have center as low as I do. The way he argues it is incoherent however and just dodges actual discussion. His stubborness is fairly grating.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB
LT
DT
CB
LB
DE
C
RT
G's
WR
RB
K
P

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he does- it's a big reason why I have center as low as I do. The way he argues it is incoherent however and just dodges actual discussion. His stubborness is fairly grating.

Saying teams don't draft Center hi us incoheren?t

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't get me wrong... I'd love Fredricks on the Eagle cause he's the best. But I'd rather have Dez, Zeek, Martin, Smith all before him.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess another way to look at it is Centers are vital cogs but not game changers where WR, RB, LT, QB, CB can be. Center are a piece of the puzzle players like K, TE, etc

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess another way to look at it is Centers are vital cogs but not game changers where WR, RB, LT, QB, CB can be. Center are a piece of the puzzle players like K, TE, etc
What would you say about Travis Kelce and Rob Gronkowski then since you bring up TE's?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here is where I disagree. A great OL is extremely important to striving to win a championship, it can possibly be over come, but most everyone would like their odds better with one then without and a center is maybe the key cog to a good OL. However since the center position is so reliant on intelligence and not as taxing physically, you just have the option of waiting to draft one due to a bigger pool.
It's like saying water isn't important, because you can just turn on the tap, but be stuck somewhere that doesn't have tap water, then see how important it is.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you say about Travis Kelce and Rob Gronkowski then since you bring up TE's?

There have been several great TE in football but Gronk is the one exception historically. We are ranking importance. Thats not to say there arent great players at every position. But Gronk, to me, is the greatest TE ever. Would you take him before Joe Motana QB, or Reggie White DE? Nope!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had an former all pro center for most of his time coaching the Pats. He has spent over half of his first round picks on offensive and defensive lineman. He has drafted DT more than any other position in the first 2 rounds (4-1st,2-2nd) maybe you should move that to the top of your rankings

I do. I have LT and DE tied at 2nd most important position behind QB. So i agree with the Pats strategy

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait are we talking about value to a teams? or where they go in the draft ? brady was a 6th rounder. def not valuable, and all gm and coaches knew it

That makes absolutely no sense. A team found a diamond late means that Centers are more valuable than QB. Thats the most flawed arguement ive ever heard.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its not your argument is gm's know best, where were they here?

Because they make mistakes grading a players talent but that has nothing to do with importance of Centers and QBs. Big strike out there brother.