• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank Em

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ppr, most "experts" are projecting rawls as a 3rd round pick with upside.......theres a chance i can get him back, but again, you can only roster 5 rb. granted wr grab you points and tons its a full PPR. so im torn on keeping a stud wr, or rawls

Hence why I asked about the pick... I'm sure there's a stud WR you can draft in the first.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence why I asked about the pick... I'm sure there's a stud WR you can draft in the first.
right, i guess its just whether u want a high volume WR or a rb.....like danny woodhead was a top 10 back in my league, those catches make a HUGE difference.......

guy rushes 18 times for 100 yards and a td no catches he gets 16 points

guy catches 8 balls for 80 yards he gets 16 points.......

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, i guess its just whether u want a high volume WR or a rb.....like danny woodhead was a top 10 back in my league, those catches make a HUGE difference.......

guy rushes 18 times for 100 yards and a td no catches he gets 16 points

guy catches 8 balls for 80 yards he gets 16 points.......
There in lies the issue with full ppr. But it is what it is, and why I'd keep Hilton over Rawls in your instance. Just as there "might be" a stud WR available in the first round, they're "probably" will be a non pass catching lead RB available in the 3rd..i'd take Hilton over Rawls in a near coin flip in a standard league, in a full PPR, it's a much easier choice, imho

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There in lies the issue with full ppr. But it is what it is, and why I'd keep Hilton over Rawls in your instance. Just as there "might be" a stud WR available in the first round, they're "probably" will be a non pass catching lead RB available in the 3rd..i'd take Hilton over Rawls in a near coin flip in a standard league, in a full PPR, it's a much easier choice, imho

I agree with this. Rawls is not as valuable in PPR. I think you may regret not keeping one of the WRs.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true... but wouldn't one be upset if Rawls turns into Lynch this year. He can't keep Hilton next year, so I don't see a hig difference between he and any number of WR that may be available early. Looking at 2017, he could conceivably have two top five backs in the 3rd/4th. Instead of going all in on Hilton for this year only.

Yes, there's a chance Rawls isn't close to Lynch, or has a bum ankle... so I can't argue too hard with the valid point above.

But I would think Evans in the 4th this year and next, is better than one year from Hilton in the 5th, or Sammy in the 7th.

idk, maybe I'm reading too much into 2017? After all, every draft has a chance at gem finding in the late rounds. I just keep looking at a redraft in 2017, and seeing Johnson and Rawls at the top with Gurley in the first round (with the big three WR).

And finally, is it that Rawls "can't catch"? Or was he just not needed there as of yet?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true... but wouldn't one be upset if Rawls turns into Lynch this year. He can't keep Hilton next year, so I don't see a hig difference between he and any number of WR that may be available early. Looking at 2017, he could conceivably have two top five backs in the 3rd/4th. Instead of going all in on Hilton for this year only.

Yes, there's a chance Rawls isn't close to Lynch, or has a bum ankle... so I can't argue too hard with the valid point above.

But I would think Evans in the 4th this year and next, is better than one year from Hilton in the 5th, or Sammy in the 7th.

idk, maybe I'm reading too much into 2017? After all, every draft has a chance at gem finding in the late rounds. I just keep looking at a redraft in 2017, and seeing Johnson and Rawls at the top with Gurley in the first round (with the big three WR).

And finally, is it that Rawls "can't catch"? Or was he just not needed there as of yet?

C.J Prosise says Rawls is extremely unlikely to be used in passing downs this year. Prosise is an extremely intelligent player. As a former WR, I think there is a 99% chance he is Seattle's main pass catching back for as long as he is healthy.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J Prosise says Rawls is extremely unlikely to be used in passing downs this year. Prosise is an extremely intelligent player. As a former WR, I think there is a 99% chance he is Seattle's main pass catching back for as long as he is healthy.

Yeah, well I'll have to see that first. And even then, is he not the Freddie to Rawls' Lynch?

See, I don't look at it like Rawls vs Hilton. I look at the replacement for each. In a PPR, there are a ton of options at WR, in the draft and every week on waivers. Some say there are a bunch of Woodheads and Sims' to counter that point... I say it's tough to have to rely on "pass catching backs" every week, and even tougher to find them on the wire.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.....unless Prosise continues to have injuries issues this off season. He's had a very limited camp thus far due to a hip flexor, keep in mind he's only played a RB role for 10 games in college, so very raw as a RB, he's needs those reps he's missing in camp due to injury. So short term Prosise may not get to see the field much unless he is able to participate fully the rest of camp.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well I'll have to see that first. And even then, is he not the Freddie to Rawls' Lynch?

See, I don't look at it like Rawls vs Hilton. I look at the replacement for each. In a PPR, there are a ton of options at WR, in the draft and every week on waivers. Some say there are a bunch of Woodheads and Sims' to counter that point... I say it's tough to have to rely on "pass catching backs" every week, and even tougher to find them on the wire.

The exact opposite is true actually.

In PPR, there is a wider gap between elite WR target hogs and 2nd/3rd tier options. On the flip side, pass catching backs have a lot more value and can even eclipse 2 down thumpers like Rawls. In other words, more RBs are startable and top WRs have even more value.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In PPR, there is a wider gap between elite WR target hogs and 2nd/3rd tier options. On the flip side, pass catching backs have a lot more value and can even eclipse 2 down thumpers like Rawls. In other words, more RBs are startable and top WRs have even more value.

Well I guess that's where we differ. I think Rawls is better than a 2 down thumper. And I don't think Hilton is elite.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps if your talking Julio Jones, Antonia Brown elite, not for guys like Hilton, Watkins.

Chart of most targeted WRs 2015. Remember that it's a for sure thing that WRs will rise and some will fall.

Screenshot%20-%207_24_2016%20%2012_45_24%20PM.png

Looking at the chart Evans was the only one with a high volume of targets per game and there are 11 WRs within one catch per game of him. Watkins didn't even make the chart, he did 7.4 targets per game. Other then Jones, Brown Hopkins and Odell, I think it's hard to predict how WRs land on this chart next year and I think there will be numerous WR clustered very closely.

2015 Most Targeted Wide Receivers

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After having been solidly on the Rawls train all offseason, I've re-evaluated my stance on the entire Seattle offense. I foresee a gradual shift to a more balanced, maybe even fairing the passing game, attack. The emergence of Baldwin, Lockett, and especially Wilson, the draft with an ex WR moving to RB being their highest skill position pick, the public acknowledgement that if Lynch "unretires", he won't be a Seahawk, given he was an undrafted rookie, that may very well have been successful in large part just becuase no one defensively expected much out of him, and that they drafted not one, but 3 potential replacements, it's all adding up to me not being as high on Rawls...plus there's the ankle injury thingy to boot.

And adding in the ppr value of a stud like Hilton, with a QB like Luck, who should have at least a somewhat improved oline? I've gotta go with Hilton, without a doubt.

And I second what Tlance mentioned about the great receivers having an even bigger gap between themselves and the second tier options in a PPR, and also with the non elite, non pass catching RB's, like Rawls, being eclipsed easily by the likes of Woodhead, Sproles, Riddick..etc.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps if your talking Julio Jones, Antonia Brown elite, not for guys like Hilton, Watkins.

Chart of most targeted WRs 2015. Remember that it's a for sure thing that WRs will rise and some will fall.

View attachment 140784

Looking at the chart Evans was the only one with a high volume of targets per game and there are 11 WRs within one catch per game of him. Watkins didn't even make the chart, he did 7.4 targets per game. Other then Jones, Brown Hopkins and Odell, I think it's hard to predict how WRs land on this chart next year and I think there will be numerous WR clustered very closely.

2015 Most Targeted Wide Receivers
Thers more to being elite than target volume though. It's not just volume, but also what you do with it. A lot of those guys on the list, Mike Evans being the biggest offender, couldn't close the deal.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After having been solidly on the Rawls train all offseason, I've re-evaluated my stance on the entire Seattle offense. I foresee a gradual shift to a more balanced, maybe even fairing the passing game, attack.
Ironic. Cause I feel the opposite.

Pete Carroll got to two Super Bowls with a strong D and a kill-the-clock run game.
Why would he change the offense with that kind of success?

Perhaps only if Rawls is a bust do I foresee a change in philosophy (out of necessity).
Threats at WR. Might be nice to exploit/use more. But also nice that it keeps opposing defenses honest/in-check.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic. Cause I feel the opposite.

Pete Carroll got to two Super Bowls with a strong D and a kill-the-clock run game.
Why would he change the offense with that kind of success?

Perhaps only if Rawls is a bust do I foresee a change in philosophy (out of necessity).
Threats at WR. Might be nice to exploit/use more. But also nice that it keeps opposing defenses honest/in-check.
Cause he got to two, only won the one where they had the most dominate defense. Lost a couple key players, lost the next SB. Lost another key player, lost the playoffs, Carol is a smart man, the team is regressing, Rawls isn't Lynch, RW is a stud that can handle being the guy to carry the offense, that defense is only going to continue regressing, you make that change 10 out of 10 times.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing I've heard from Pete and the coaching staff says they are going back to running the ball. Even the WRs say the same thing. They are coming out of the gate running the ball. They put together a OL that has very big players across the board, that are also athletic . All the better to pound the ball. Also feel Cable can teach to run block quickly. Pass blocking takes more time to teach.
Now if the run game gets stymied, then yeah, the Seahawks will rev up the pass attack. They got the personnel to make that work also......except maybe the OL.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every thing I've heard from Pete and the coaching staff says they are going back to running the ball. Even the WRs say the same thing. They are coming out of the gate running the ball. They put together a OL that has very big players across the board, that are also athletic . All the better to pound the ball. Also feel Cable can teach to run block quickly. Pass blocking takes more time to teach.
Now if the run game gets stymied, then yeah, the Seahawks will rev up the pass attack. They got the personnel to make that work also......except maybe the OL.
Cable is perhaps the best OL coach in the game today, proof positive with what he's been able to do with the utter lack of talent available to him the past couple seasons. I think Petey is pulling an ol bait and switch. Tell em one thing, do another.