• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers trek to Minnesota for a 4 game set - 8/3 thru 8/6

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this actually gives me pause? How many guys have we seen come through, all teams actually, where their first hit is a HR or their first game is 3 for 4...then things taper quickly.

Thrilled for the guy, glad we have him and hope he slots in somewhere nice. I've heard that he will be September call up this year and am looking forward to that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this actually gives me pause? How many guys have we seen come through, all teams actually, where their first hit is a HR or their first game is 3 for 4...then things taper quickly.

Thrilled for the guy, glad we have him and hope he slots in somewhere nice. I've heard that he will be September call up this year and am looking forward to that.

Yeah Im ready to see what he can do at the big league level

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with the snark there, Don?

Hey hey hey.....I was playing with you.

You always seem to pick up such things, but it wasn't meant "snarky" at all.

Sorry you took it that way.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Im ready to see what he can do at the big league level

I look for us to ship a few guys through waivers and make a new home for him is my guess.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look for us to ship a few guys through waivers and make a new home for him is my guess.

Seems he has power but he is a different hitter than most of the guys we have on the current roster. Doesn't K as much and walks some and maybe can hit .275-.280. Time will tell

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an odd feeling as a Rangers fan right now. At least in 2014 we had the worst record to shoot for and maybe get a great draft pick. I do enjoy some of the personal achievements though. It is good to see Joey coming alive here about the time you might expect a young guy in his first full big league season to start slowing down some. He is a good example of what patiently letting a guy play every day will do for their development.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he has power but he is a different hitter than most of the guys we have on the current roster. Doesn't K as much and walks some and maybe can hit .275-.280. Time will tell

Yeah, it appears he's only ying of our (potentially anyway) yang lineup.

Don't know how poor a fielder he really is, but it appears we're going to work him in LF.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an odd feeling as a Rangers fan right now. At least in 2014 we had the worst record to shoot for and maybe get a great draft pick. I do enjoy some of the personal achievements though. It is good to see Joey coming alive here about the time you might expect a young guy in his first full big league season to start slowing down some. He is a good example of what patiently letting a guy play every day will do for their development.

They were positioned for success when the season started. But Beltre got hurt, Hamels got hurt, Perez has kinda been stagnant, Dyson shit the bed, Gomez stumbled out of the gate, Roogie started out on fire and then slumped his ass off, Lucroy never amounted to anything, and several bullpen pieces took steps back. It became pretty damn clear pretty damn early that this team wasn't going to do anything this year, considering the elite teams and how they're performing comparatively. It'll be a few down years, I accept that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were positioned for success when the season started. But Beltre got hurt, Hamels got hurt, Perez has kinda been stagnant, Dyson shit the bed, Gomez stumbled out of the gate, Roogie started out on fire and then slumped his ass off, Lucroy never amounted to anything, and several bullpen pieces took steps back. It became pretty damn clear pretty damn early that this team wasn't going to do anything this year, considering the elite teams and how they're performing comparatively. It'll be a few down years, I accept that.

To see the crux of our issues just look at the number of guys hitting between .190 and .225 :

Kozma (who cares)
Profar
Drew Robinson
Rua
Napoli
Gallo
Chirinos
Hoying
Odor

4 of your 9 starters are flirting with the mendoza line.

We have only 3 guys hitting .290 or better and one is a pitcher! :pound:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To see the crux of our issues just look at the number of guys hitting between .190 and .225 :

Kozma (who cares)
Profar
Drew Robinson
Rua
Napoli
Gallo
Chirinos
Hoying
Odor

4 of your 9 starters are flirting with the mendoza line.

We have only 3 guys hitting .290 or better and one is a pitcher! :pound:
Of those guys I am really only concerned about Nap and Odor. Even at that Nap doesn't have to be here after this year so the only concern I have of the guys you mentioned is Odor.

As long as Joey's OPS is what it is I am not too concerned with his average. Several of those guys never got enough regular playing time for me to be concerned with their poor production. Chirinos is a backup catcher in this league who can start for extended periods if need be.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're actually gonna bring him up this year?

I nominate " butterball" as his official nickname.

The turkey company would be thrilled to get the free publicity since thanksgiving is right around the corner.