• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers look to get on track vs rival A's - April 7-9

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand where you're coming from. But for me, I'd rather see Profar go down and get some regular playing time.

I think Profar has a future with us, and he really needs to get a lot of AB, whereas, I don't really have great confidence that DDJ will be here (or anywhere in the big leagues) long term.[/QUOTE

I agree- send Profar down for regular playing time and to me it is middle infield. But if they are bent on LF then let him have that time regularly in RR. Way too many moving parts trying to learn a new position and readjust to MLB pitching. We all know if Elvis or Odor goes down then Profar has that spot

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more than I would have expected but like you said, we shall see.

The amount of pitches is what impresses me. Really hard to tell if the line means anything

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of pitches is what impresses me. Really hard to tell if the line means anything

Yeah they were talking about 2 rehab starts and I would have thought he would have thrown about 60 in the first one, but it appears he's gonna try and make a MLB start in another week or so

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they were talking about 2 rehab starts and I would have thought he would have thrown about 60 in the first one, but it appears he's gonna try and make a MLB start in another week or so

Maybe he's worried that gee will do well

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Cole Hamels is one of five active pitchers to have at least five seasons with both 200 innings pitched and 200 strikeouts.

He's willing to relinquish one 200 club membership if it helps preserve another.

Now 33 and just past the age that is traditionally considered the outer edge of a player's prime, Hamels is all about conservation if it helps his self-preservation. Conserving pitches, which means fewer deep counts and strikeouts, is what he feels will help him extend his career.

"I'm working to try to minimize stressful innings and high-pitch innings," said Hamels, who will make his second start of the season Tuesday against the Los Angeles Angels. "I intend to keep pitching in this league. Teams are looking for guys who can get to 200 innings. I'm aware that the game is changing toward much younger players, but I'd like to maintain my presence in this league. I don't want to end up in the shredder."

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD was discussing Cashner and Ross yesterday and said they don't know yet if Cashner will need another rehab or not. He could pitch for the Rangers Saturday and if he doesn't they have three different guys in the minors that are lined up to take that start. I believe the three are Gee, Martinez and Gamboa. He also said Ross is one or two rehab starts behind Cashner.