• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just another step removed from opting out of bowl games. They want them to play in bowl games or show up at the combine, pay them for it, that's the only thing they understand now anyway now that NIL has ruined college football.
Shit, that's right.. and given that those dudes are already millionaires, how much would you have to pay them to get em to go? NIL sucks

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if it'll get to the point where the NFL bans coaches/scouts from attending pro days
Thats actually not a bad idea. I'm sure Godell cant be happy that he's showcasing these guys and shelling out advertising and who knows what other financial obligations the NFL has to Indy, etc.... only to be told, "ya, our guy isnt doing anything at your party."

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to how Spencer Rattler performs and what the feeling is on him after interviews and whatnot. 2-3 years ago, this guy was SUPPOSSED to be the greatest thing ever

forgot about him, another good one to keep tabs on this week

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wonder, at times, if Al Davis was his actual father ?? :scratch:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've finally begun watching film of the incoming RB/WR's, starting with the RB's-

watched tape on ten dudes and I gotta say, I totally get why no one is projected higher than the mid to late second. There is literally nothing to get excited about at the R position with these incoming rooks. ughh.

Usually here is at least that one or two who look decent enough to get excited about, and another 3-4 that depending on where they go they might work out well enough. But even the ones labeled 'the best' of the class, don't look like NFL RB's to me. At this point, if the VIkings took the first RB off the board, I'd still expect Ty Chandler to win the job.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've finally begun watching film of the incoming RB/WR's, starting with the RB's-

watched tape on ten dudes and I gotta say, I totally get why no one is projected higher than the mid to late second. There is literally nothing to get excited about at the R position with these incoming rooks. ughh.

Usually here is at least that one or two who look decent enough to get excited about, and another 3-4 that depending on where they go they might work out well enough. But even the ones labeled 'the best' of the class, don't look like NFL RB's to me. At this point, if the VIkings took the first RB off the board, I'd still expect Ty Chandler to win the job.
I can only comment on the one I’m familiar with… Trey Benson’s 2022 season is where he “popped” more for FSU. 2023 they really split carries and it almost seemed like they preferred Toafili at times. I can’t say why, but guess it doesn’t contradict you being unimpressed.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only comment on the one I’m familiar with… Trey Benson’s 2022 season is where he “popped” more for FSU. 2023 they really split carries and it almost seemed like they preferred Toafili at times. I can’t say why, but guess it doesn’t contradict you being unimpressed.
Haha, yeah, and saying that they split carries between him and another dude AFTER he popped, isn't exactly a ringing endorsement itself :)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is @The Foot when you need some random multiverse, super sleeper love?

And if Treff isnt getting excited over any RB, they must be garbage.
Sadly we lost another good one for rookie hype in STOMP. Not sure whatever happened to him but he just disappeared a couple of yrs ago. ... I got a few good tips from him along the way. ...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My football fantasy: The Vikings front office proves to be a buncha financial wizards.

They somehow find a way to re-sign Cousins and also sign Barkley for a coupla years.

Then they draft a new QB.

Salary Cap, Shmalary Cap! :D :D :D

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, some big changes coming already next yr: J. Jacobs to GB (what does that do to Jones and/or Dillon?), Pollard to TEN (good-bye to the King and likely X-out the Spears hope), Swift to CHI (so much for the Herbert and Johnson hopefuls), Gabe Davis to JAC (Ridley??), sounds like Cousins to ATL (what does Minny do now?) - and this is just the first few hrs of the first day. ....
Just in, Barkley to PHI (makes sense). ...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My football fantasy: The Vikings front office proves to be a buncha financial wizards.

They somehow find a way to re-sign Cousins and also sign Barkley for a coupla years.

Then they draft a new QB.

Salary Cap, Shmalary Cap! :D :D :D

Another fantasy dashed. :faint::faint::faint:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, some big changes coming already next yr: J. Jacobs to GB (what does that do to Jones and/or Dillon?), Pollard to TEN (good-bye to the King and likely X-out the Spears hope), Swift to CHI (so much for the Herbert and Johnson hopefuls), Gabe Davis to JAC (Ridley??), sounds like Cousins to ATL (what does Minny do now?) - and this is just the first few hrs of the first day. ....
Just in, Barkley to PHI (makes sense). ...
Just to update on RB movement: Ekeler to WAS, Gibson to NE, Gus the Bus to LAC, Singletary to NYG, Moss to CIN, A. Jones to MIN. Several of those have put a hurtin' on my dynasty plans. .... Mixon and Henry still looking, but it sounds like The King will be a Raven sooner rather than than later. ...

@TREFF apparently the NFL brass are seeing the same thing you stated in your post earlier - the cast off vets (right, wrong or indifferent) are superior to the in-coming rooks. .....