• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rams @ Seahawks 1:25PM PST

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Seattle Refs and Seahawks on the win, you know I'm not a Seahawks fan, but I wouldn't put too much faith in Geno Smith.
What were the issues with the refs? Serious question as I was only able to catch parts of the game on RZ.

On Geno, I would definitely agree he started better than he finished. The 3 picks in the final game pull his overall numbers down a bit, but all in all it was a good year for him. I don't think he's a guy who can take a mediocre roster and win you a title, but he can perform at an acceptable level when the team around him is established. Should be enough talent here at RB/WR/TE/OL for him to roll on as he did this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the issues with the refs? Serious question as I was only able to catch parts of the game on RZ.

There were a couple of missed/questionable calls late. None of them really mattered though.

There was a sketchy running into the kicker which resulted in drive that had 12 more plays and a field goal.
There was a late hit on Geno that was a clear late hit but DK should have been also called for a reaction move on Ramsey. That resulted in a missed field goal
And there was a possible intentional grounding call that wasn't called on a drive that resulted in a punt.

Some people were crying about these calls as the reason why the Seahawks won but it is pretty silly.

On Geno, I would definitely agree he started better than he finished. The 3 picks in the final game pull his overall numbers down a bit, but all in all it was a good year for him. I don't think he's a guy who can take a mediocre roster and win you a title, but he can perform at an acceptable level when the team around him is established. Should be enough talent here at RB/WR/TE/OL for him to roll on as he did this year.

Geno is a quality starter but nothing more.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Seattle Refs and Seahawks on the win, you know I'm not a Seahawks fan, but I wouldn't put too much faith in Geno Smith.
I take every small victory and savor it, those fuckers owe us a debt they can never repay.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Rams refs got us last year. In fact this Seahawks refs got us too. Damn the refs.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even the NFL's competition committee is aware of what one source described to ESPN "as the worst officiated game of the year."

Ya were there some bad calls, but worst officiated game of the year" no way. Hmm, always an issue when something benefits Seattle, but never when its against us.

Hell last year Seattle at Rams game was way worst officiated when Seattle got eliminated, any one remember the non DPI call against Rams that game, were CB was all over the WR before the ball got there, and no call...

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted about this on the main board Monkey.... I couldn't resist..

I'm sure the mods are scanning their files to determine how the hell I was ever allowed to post here, at the moment...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted about this on the main board Monkey.... I couldn't resist..

I'm sure the mods are scanning their files to determine how the hell I was ever allowed to post here, at the moment...

No way was that the worst-called game of the year. That just pisses me off.. also you remember when Seattle won the division 7-9, how for weeks stories were about changing divisions or playoff seeding, as it was unfair. Yet I HAVE NOT HEAR A SINGLE "EXPERT" (ESPN) SAY CRAP ABOUT TB WINNING THE SOUTH AND NEEDING TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM.

HMM.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way was that the worst-called game of the year. That just pisses me off.. also you remember when Seattle won the division 7-9, how for weeks stories were about changing divisions or playoff seeding, as it was unfair. Yet I HAVE NOT HEAR A SINGLE "EXPERT" (ESPN) SAY CRAP ABOUT TB WINNING THE SOUTH AND NEEDING TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM.

HMM.

Yah when I saw it posted it was ridiculous...

Let's not forget I think in 2019 San Frans crew blatantly (and I mean blatantly) tried to fix that game against Seattle with some of the most ridiculous calls of all time (one where when Wilson escaped, ran 15 yards down the field with open green, and they called it dead then).... lol...

Remember all that crap about the replacement refs? The push that Tate did was 100% incorrectly called (should've been PI) but even the announcers and penis head Gruden all focused on the actual 'catch'. And it was 100% correctly called. But somehow the entire NFL fanbase (fake fanbase, bunch of fantasy fags) said it was already 'caught' by that douche on Green Bay - BEFORE his feet touched the ground. Ugh... I'm so done with NFL officiating at this point... it's a giant circus.. and the fans are even worse in their reactions to it...

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah when I saw it posted it was ridiculous...

Let's not forget I think in 2019 San Frans crew blatantly (and I mean blatantly) tried to fix that game against Seattle with some of the most ridiculous calls of all time (one where when Wilson escaped, ran 15 yards down the field with open green, and they called it dead then).... lol...

Remember all that crap about the replacement refs? The push that Tate did was 100% incorrectly called (should've been PI) but even the announcers and penis head Gruden all focused on the actual 'catch'. And it was 100% correctly called. But somehow the entire NFL fanbase (fake fanbase, bunch of fantasy fags) said it was already 'caught' by that douche on Green Bay - BEFORE his feet touched the ground. Ugh... I'm so done with NFL officiating at this point... it's a giant circus.. and the fans are even worse in their reactions to it...

Hell, that GB game, everyone forgets GB touchdown only occurred due to BS call, giving GB a free set of downs. They should have punted the ball back to Seattle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, that GB game, everyone forgets GB touchdown only occurred due to BS call, giving GB a free set of downs. They should have punted the ball back to Seattle.

Yah, think you're talking about the great pass defense from Kam Chancellor that was called DPI which forced a 1st down into Seahawks territory where it would've been a 4th down and outside FG range? Not to mention the non-stop holding that was occurring the second half from the Packers (Seattle went from 7 sacks to like 0 in the 2nd half)... but OH NO... Packers were supposed to win and get money for the NFL fat heads...

Whatever. More I think about it I get upset...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad calls down the stretch, but what we saw is about par for the course when Lions play the Packers. Just looked like a regular game to me. Nothing malicious at all.

However how often does officiating need to be an obvious problem before they fix the system.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punishing the refs because they cockblcked the nfl from an extra playoff game?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HMM.

Wasn't even the worst call in a Seahawks/Rams game this year. The "interception" by Wagner down in LA that was somehow upheld after replay was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen.

Reactions: MrS