• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams-Packers Analysis

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just preseason means nothing. But I was impressed with Bradford he took a nice hit that made me cringe abit but got up and carried on. This is going too be an exciting season. :suds:

I can't say I was impressed with Bradford's play but I was pleasantly surprised with the way he led that TD drive. Especially considering what Shopson said about the O-line missing two starters. It's preseason so I hope the team can get it going before 9-7. :hope::hope::hope:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bradford was VERY good...He missed one throw that should have been a touchdown...His other 2 incomplete throws were a drop and a TD to Quick if not for the int call.The TD to pass was absolutely perfect into traffic..Super catch by Kendricks, 9-12 for n that Bradford had to put a bunch of heat on it to thread it in there... I agree that the D didn't even show up and the running gamed was stuffed easily by GB...Pre-season, sure, but the D simply has to be far better than this showing...The Packers were just as vanilla as the Rams...Missing 1 important player on both sides of the ball, but I'm not really convinced it would have me too much difference...This week will proablu be the last chance to show up for the starters, as they usually play longer in the third game, and very lite in the 4th game..
mikey, on the other two incompletes, Sam was hit by Peppers on one as he threw it to a wide open No. 11! A half second more in protection and that could have been 6!.

The other IMO was a throw-away. The screen was sniffed out after we committed, so Sam just threw it away at his receiver's feet.

That just leaves the deep route to Britt because he was 9 of 12 for 101 yards and one TD in 2 series. (Very similar to the Dink and Dunks stats of Rogers, 11 of 13 for 128 yards and one TD in two series (And Aaron had a lot of run support, including a 15 yard scamper of his own)

So for Sam on that throw, I just saw rust. Mainly because Sam made three moves on that play. One with play action to Stacy. Two, a pump fake to Cook/Kendricks(?) over the middle and three, a deep throw to the sidelines. Even then, Sam made sure if he missed it was going either OOB or to a place only his guy was gonna get it.

I think Fisher & company will be game planning a bit more next week & we will have more starters out there to complete our offensive and defensive number ones. I expect we shall see a much improved effort next week.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I saw Brandon McGee anywhere from 12 to 17 yards deep but he was the only No. 1, so far that deep, in the preseason under Williams. Turmaine Johnson was about 8-12 yards deep. Still too far off when considering some of the game situations. I think maybe Williams was letting them make their game decisions to help them learn by reviewing tape. Also, Mc Gee is really not ready to start IMO but still is a good No. 2 at this point. Just his second year & going against No. 1's like Boykin, Cobb and Lacy, he needed to playoff otherwise he would probably give up the deep one.

Was he scared, nervous or just following instruction. IDK ? :noidea:

But those Rogers' play actions were sucking our LB's in so we were set to give up more than a few yards rushing and all those YAC's from Rogers' dink and dunks... (That's pretty much all Rogers did.....)

Especially considering we were playing that vanilla, no scheme, defense. :nod:

Yea Vita. I saw that adjustment when the ones were in but after the ones went out and the twos through fours were in, that 20-25 yard gap reappeared. IDK either what purpose it serves but we were getting killed by the natural hole that was right behind our LBs. Others noticed it as well. I read an article on Yahoo Sports where the author mentioned the same thing. Again, I am unsure for its purpose but I hope we get past that alignment.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe are game plan is to lose all the games during pre-season

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe are game plan is to lose all the games during pre-season
:omg:That was pretty funny Red!!

Still, on the serious side, I don't think winning in the preseason really matters Fisher, he's more about evaluating individual efforts....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I was impressed with Bradford's play but I was pleasantly surprised with the way he led that TD drive. Especially considering what Shopson said about the O-line missing two starters. It's preseason so I hope the team can get it going before 9-7. :hope::hope::hope:
Were you impressed with Rogers play bunc?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing excessively deep is definitely a head scratcher. With a great pass rush, bump and run should make that QB hold the ball a little longer.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing excessively deep is definitely a head scratcher. With a great pass rush, bump and run should make that QB hold the ball a little longer.
I think they were worried about Rogers/Lacy play action. Is sucked up the LB's to the LOS so the CB's couldn't bump or they would risk the easy score. Plus it could be in an attempt to try and avoid those defensive holding penalties the refs are focusing on this year.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good question Vita...lol but the answer is no. I hate him...unless he signs with the Rams one day...:rollseyes:
Meh, me neither.

It's not that he didn't play well, it just the fact that I was way more impressed with the play of the Pack's O line and Lacy.

Rodgers merely 'took' what the Rams defense gave him off of play action & an excellent performance by Lacy and very soft corners.