• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post 2018 FA news here, Red. BTW, out of that list you posted, I wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed all of them including Watkins.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason questions:

Should the Rams keep Watkins? If so, what is he worth?

Should they finally sign Johnson to a long term deal? What is he worth?

They need to lock up Donald long term, but for how much?

Where do they focus in the draft?

My :2cents:

Watkins had an up and down season. He had a few good games, and quite a few where he was irrelevant. If they can sign him for under 7M it is worth it. Otherwise, they have a good stable of WR's to deal with already.

TJ had a down year and is not worth what he wants. Although losing him will weaken the secondary even more, he's not worth 10M+ which is what he wants.

We all know Donald will get a huge contract, but at what cost to the salary cap? You know he wants more than what Suh got, and that's a lot of xap space.

The secondary needs addressed in the draft ( especially if they don't resign TJ ), so they need to draft a couple DB's. OG needs addressed for depth. LBer needs addressed.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rooting for you guys yesterday. Congrats on a very good season.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason questions:

Should the Rams keep Watkins? If so, what is he worth?

Should they finally sign Johnson to a long term deal? What is he worth?

They need to lock up Donald long term, but for how much?

Where do they focus in the draft?

My :2cents:

Watkins had an up and down season. He had a few good games, and quite a few where he was irrelevant. If they can sign him for under 7M it is worth it. Otherwise, they have a good stable of WR's to deal with already.

TJ had a down year and is not worth what he wants. Although losing him will weaken the secondary even more, he's not worth 10M+ which is what he wants.

We all know Donald will get a huge contract, but at what cost to the salary cap? You know he wants more than what Suh got, and that's a lot of xap space.

The secondary needs addressed in the draft ( especially if they don't resign TJ ), so they need to draft a couple DB's. OG needs addressed for depth. LBer needs addressed.
Here's what I'm thinking...

1. I'm in no hurry to resign Watkins.... He made a ton of mistakes this year. Quitting on routes and letting the ball go through his hands(like yesterday) are a couple examples...
2. Didn't we keep hearing that Wades system doesn't depend on big name/Big money corners? If that's true, we need to let him go. We could sign 2 good to very good corners for that money...
3. Donald will be locked up, probably real soon, but you never know...
4. We need LB's... Not thrilled with how Tree played this year, Barwin is old, Barron is a bulked up Safety...Maybe Tree gets moved back outside and we get another MLB???
5. We need O-lineman... Whitworth is getting old and while still damn good, he won't last too much longer. Saffold has been getting the crap beat out of his body for years and could fall apart at any time...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but he is getting up there in years and probably will re-sign on loyalty alone when there is an open roster spot like this past season, Red.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tru will have to go if they retain both Donald and Watkins. Could be a tough call unfortunately. They will need some serious DB investment in the draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like the Rams are losing their QB coach. Greg Olson is expected to be named Gruden's OC with the Raiders.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and we are not keeping Quinn at 12+ million next year. Either he renegotiates to a tolerable level which is half at most or he gets cut. It will cost the Rams 1 million to cut him.

Cutting him elevates OLB/EDGE to #1 or #2 need in the draft (with CB). Very possible, given his light cap hit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should keep Donald and Tru and cut Quinn and Barwin if possible. Don't know about Barwin's contract but we need a better pass rush although the one we had wasn't too bad. Perhaps they can convert one of the stud LBs we already have like Thompson or Ebukam to edge rushers. Also, sign Sammy. Period.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should keep Donald and Tru and cut Quinn and Barwin if possible. Don't know about Barwin's contract but we need a better pass rush although the one we had wasn't too bad. Perhaps they can convert one of the stud LBs we already have like Thompson or Ebukam to edge rushers. Also, sign Sammy. Period.

Barwin is a free agent.