• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but then again it could be that second glass of chocolate milk

I love chocolate milk.

Dallas and AZ both look pretty solid. When does David Johnson come back?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope we get serious on Defense for next week

I'm a little nervous - not sure I can handle witnessing a beat down :harbs3:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news!!! the Cowboys surrender to the Rams.......:heh:

26cowboys-jones-master768.jpg

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this..

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016.

Pittsburg Steeler Alejandro Villanueva on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you like it. You get to completely ignore what these black players are protesting because it makes you uncomfortable as a white person. Instead, you choose to buy into the red herring about this being all about respecting the flag.

But that's not surprising. If everyone stopped protesting, you wouldn't even try and have a conversation about the issues these players are trying to bring to light.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you like it. You get to completely ignore what these black players are protesting because it makes you uncomfortable as a white person. Instead, you choose to buy into the red herring about this being all about respecting the flag.

But that's not surprising. If everyone stopped protesting, you wouldn't even try and have a conversation about the issues these players are trying to bring to light.

Retro made a comment about the Rams org being very positive and diplomatic. I made a similar comment. All you bring is hate towards Trump.

This entire massive amount of bullshit protesting began before Trump was even in office. By a Bay Area cry baby making 16 million? The media blows it up. More people jump on. You think black cops are not out there shooting black people? No story at 11 on that though huh... I've had my share with prick cops.. I get it but sometimes I was being a dipshit too.

Where's the humility in all this? All people can be racist when pissed and act like jerks. All colors. Maybe if we focus more on the positive and find something to stand for -- together, working together this all can end. But it won't if you believe the media narrative and what they push.

And stop crossing the line -- no one on this board has ever talked about another posters family member, much less a 2 year old girl. It's beyond sad. Not to mention she could probably kick your ass up and down the street in 17 years. This is a sports board. If you want to go after someone, then go after them not a family member.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone please explain to me why a certain poster is allowed to continually cross the line with non football related posts resulting in personal attacks! No one asked for this, and IMO something should be done! :mad2:

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro made a comment about the Rams org being very positive and diplomatic. I made a similar comment. All you bring is hate towards Trump.

This entire massive amount of bullshit protesting began before Trump was even in office. By a Bay Area cry baby making 16 million? The media blows it up. More people jump on. You think black cops are not out there shooting black people? No story at 11 on that though huh... I've had my share with prick cops.. I get it but sometimes I was being a dipshit too.

Where's the humility in all this? All people can be racist when pissed and act like jerks. All colors. Maybe if we focus more on the positive and find something to stand for -- together, working together this all can end. But it won't if you believe the media narrative and what they push.

And stop crossing the line -- no one on this board has ever talked about another posters family member, much less a 2 year old girl. It's beyond sad. Not to mention she could probably kick your ass up and down the street in 17 years. This is a sports board. If you want to go after someone, then go after them not a family member.

Why should how much a person makes devalue any social causes they wish to pursue? Isn't that what we want out of people with money and influence, to use those advantages to improve their surroundings?

It's a nice thought to think we can all get along (kumbaya and all that crap), but equal treatment under law has to be the rule. There is a huge difference between dealing with prick cops and being shot. The problem isn't what color cops are shooting unarmed black people, it's that cops of any color are out there shooting unarmed people of any color. The fact that it is dis-proportionally minorities that are being shot makes it about race relations. Police need to be an active part of the communities they serve, forming relationships with the people of those communities. Maybe then they wouldn't go into these situations deathly afraid of the people they are dealing with just because of their race (and those involved wouldn't have a similar fear of the police).

This wasn't about Trump until he injected himself into it this week. He just can't help himself, but at least it was a short break from him trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea.

The personal attacks have no place here, no further discussion needed there (unless the mods want to make a statement/punishment).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should how much a person makes devalue any social causes they wish to pursue? Isn't that what we want out of people with money and influence, to use those advantages to improve their surroundings?

It's a nice thought to think we can all get along (kumbaya and all that crap), but equal treatment under law has to be the rule. There is a huge difference between dealing with prick cops and being shot. The problem isn't what color cops are shooting unarmed black people, it's that cops of any color are out there shooting unarmed people of any color. The fact that it is dis-proportionally minorities that are being shot makes it about race relations. Police need to be an active part of the communities they serve, forming relationships with the people of those communities. Maybe then they wouldn't go into these situations deathly afraid of the people they are dealing with just because of their race (and those involved wouldn't have a similar fear of the police).

This wasn't about Trump until he injected himself into it this week. He just can't help himself, but at least it was a short break from him trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea.

The personal attacks have no place here, no further discussion needed there (unless the mods want to make a statement/punishment).

I posted this earlier...

“I don’t know if the most effective way is to sit down during the national anthem with a country that’s providing you freedom, providing you $16 million a year...when there are black minorities that are dying in Iraq and Afghanistan for less than $20,000 a year," Villanueva told ESPN in 2016.

Pittsburg Steeler Alejandro Villanueva on San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick

It's not about a salary, it's about respect for the flag and anthem, along with the people who have died or served defending it. I think it's the wrong way to protest a few bad cops or "social injustice". Both parties need to take some responsibility here and a dose of humility.

And I think the media definitely blows a story up all they can. Some of these cases definitely a smell of a bad cop or trigger happy cop. But many of these cases the person shot that happens to be black isn't cooperating with what the police are asking/wanting. I can't imagine how hard it is to be a cop a right now or be a black kid on the street - both have a target on their back. If it's me getting "searched" or busted, I'm yes sir no sir to whatever they ask me to do. Are some cops a prick about it? Yes no doubt and I'm white. I'm not talking back, I'm not refusing, I'm not staying in my car and giving them any reason to think I'm reaching for a gun, etc, etc. I'm not bringing a bad attitude towards the situation.

Why doesn't the media blow storyies up about a black cop shooting some black kid on the streets of Chicago? Because it doesn't stir the pot. All the media wants is to get everyone worked up and they continue to do it.

I honestly don't believe that even 90% of the cops out there want to kill anyone. That's something you got to live with and it's not something that goes away. I'm sure most cops would prefer to do patrols every night and have no issues. Hoodlems are gonna hoodlem.

I think Trump has done alot more than the previous president for Veterans. I think he's pro-America and just doesn't want to see the flag or anthem disrespected, as do alot of people. Is tweeting helping him or his stance? Hell no it's ridiculous.

Bottom line, I'm not going to pretend I know what it's like to be black or understand all the issues that come with it over the past 50 years. But let's not pretend alot of these black people shot by white/black cops were totally innocent either.

And I can take any personal attack on here. We all get pissed and disagree and say shit we shouldn't. We all come back and talk football because that's what we like to do. But when you go after someone else's family or a child, you need to be dragged around by your hair and severely beaten.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm avoiding it like the plague. I know we have some strongly right-wing advocates here, so let's keep the political talk on the political board.

Hey Shoppy? ......Aren't these your words?? :pop2:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Shoppy? ......Aren't these your words?? :pop2:

I engaged it. He's just talking about the current events. I think many in our forum don't want to discuss anything but football. Unfortunately this is a major topic in the NFL right now.

On to football for me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this earlier...

It's not about a salary, it's about respect for the flag and anthem, along with the people who have died or served defending it. I think it's the wrong way to protest a few bad cops or "social injustice". Both parties need to take some responsibility here and a dose of humility.

The argument about the flag and troops is a red herring; a distraction from the actual topic at hand.

Former Green Beret Nate Boyer actually advised Kaep to switch from sitting on the bench to kneeling, as that is what soldiers do to show respect for a fallen brother.

Here's how Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to go from sitting to kneeling

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Protesting use to mean you have a grievance and so you go and get a permit, make a sign and march where the permit allows you to march. Today I guess people can't protest unless they are able to harm the property or sensibility's of others. That is not a protest it's being mean and if you get slapped down for it by the president or others remember one thing...you asked for it.
You can protest to make a point or you can protest in a way that angers others if you choose the latter your point will not be heard. The Rams are finally showing hope, they look like they are heading in the right direction but I will turn it off if this bullshit continues.
There I spoke up, enough is enough, I've had it. Grow up players! or man up and go visit a VA hospital. If you can still disrespect our flag after that than you are a POS of the first order and should lose your job.
Now lets get back to Football...