• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, a better more efficient and winning organization would have had this done already instead of making this a potential distraction going into training camp and the season. Once again, the limp biscuit is asleep at the switch. Pathetic!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, a better more efficient and winning organization would have had this done already instead of making this a potential distraction going into training camp and the season. Once again, the limp biscuit is asleep at the switch. Pathetic!!
They will get it done, get it done early, and get it done right.

As I'm sure you know RR, Donald has played 3 seasons, and as a first rounder under Rookie wage scale, the Rams potentially could have him under contract on the cheap for the next two years.

This off season is the time when any organization would want to sign an All Pro in their Rookie contract to an extention.

Exactly where in the off season, is spliting hairs.

I think they get it done in the next three weeks. They have until July 29th to keep this out of any negative training camp scenarios.

Either way however, I think he will show for training camp, even if they don't get the deal done prior.

Also, in all fairness, this will be the largest contract the Rams Organization will ever extend to a Veteran. So I'm sure there is some trepidation involved on their end.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, in all fairness, this will be the largest contract the Rams Organization will ever extend to a Veteran. So I'm sure there is some trepidation involved on their end.
Well lets pass the cup...:D

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I get the "right number" nonsense but just give him a max deal and be done with it. For cryin' out loud, they gave Austin a ridiculous bullshit contract as well as franchised tagged Trumaine Johnson and both of those players are nowhere near the player Donald is!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I get the "right number" nonsense but just give him a max deal and be done with it. For cryin' out loud, they gave Austin a ridiculous bullshit contract as well as franchised tagged Trumaine Johnson and both of those players are nowhere near the player Donald is!

Bingo!!! And the longer we wait, the price is only going to go higher...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo!!! And the longer we wait, the price is only going to go higher...
How do we know the hold up is on the Rams part, they may have very well made offers that have been turned down. This is a negotiation where two parties must come to an agreement. If he is asking for Suh money when he has two years left on his Rookie deal and another two years with the franchise tag, than he shouldn't get that IMO. We might as well go that route and get four more years out of him, he will be 30 years old at that point.

This is business folks, we should 'pay the man' unless the man is asking for unrealistic money.

If he wants to take on the injury risk and lower pay this season and negotiate a deal closer to what Suh got, then I think that is fair.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we know the hold up is on the Rams part, they may have very well made offers that have been turned down. This is a negotiation where two parties must come to an agreement. If he is asking for Suh money when he has two years left on his Rookie deal and another two years with the franchise tag, than he shouldn't get that IMO. We might as well go that route and get four more years out of him, he will be 30 years old at that point.

This is business folks, we should 'pay the man' unless the man is asking for unrealistic money.

If he wants to take on the injury risk and lower pay this season and negotiate a deal closer to what Suh got, then I think that is fair.

Look at our past negotiations with big players... Jenkins, gone. McLeod, gone. Johnson will be a free agent after this season... Who did we pay? A guy like Tavon who has done squat and yet is getting paid like an elite WR...

Suh's contract was a few years ago, so Donald should really get more than Suh did... Like I said, the longer we wait, the higher the price is likely to go....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh's contract was a few years ago, so Donald should really get more than Suh did...
Did you get a chance to read the link I posted LTRF?

It does a good job distinguishing the value and leverage of a player who is a total free agent compared to one who is under contract for potentially another 4 years on the cheap compared to his true value.

That has to be factored in when negotiating he new deal.

Also the article mentions the early extension transfers the injury risk from Donald to the Rams, something the Dolphins nor Suh agent didn't have to account for in the Suh deal.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you get a chance to read the link I posted LTRF?

It does a good job distinguishing the value and leverage of a player who is a total free agent compared to one who is under contract for potentially another 4 years on the cheap compared to his true value.

That has to be factored in when negotiating he new deal.

Also the article mentions the early extension transfers the injury risk from Donald to the Rams, something the Dolphins nor Suh agent didn't have to account for in the Suh deal.

Here's the thing, I would usually agree with you 100% on this, but not with Donald... I don't want to see this guy going into the HOF thanking another team like Kevin Greene did... Donald is a special player, a team leader, a VERY hard worker and a consistent performer at the highest level... This is the ONE time we should go above and beyond...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, I would usually agree with you 100% on this, but not with Donald... I don't want to see this guy going into the HOF thanking another team like Kevin Greene did... Donald is a special player, a team leader, a VERY hard worker and a consistent performer at the highest level... This is the ONE time we should go above and beyond...
And I want the Rams to offer, and Donald to accept a firm and fair offer. At this point in time, I don't think it trumps the Suh deal, if he takes the risk of waiting another year, it certainly does.

To demonstrate this aspect will most likely be seen if a deal is not inked prior to the start of training camp and Donald holds out. The hold out mitigates Donald's risk for injury in camp and the only reason he would do this is to keep all the cards he has to play with, even though he contractually is obligated to participate.

Meh, all this dialog and and I think the deal gets done before they start camp, that is as long as Donald's camp isn't seeking that record setting type deal.

I say this because I think the Rams really want to do the right thing here.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I want the Rams to offer, and Donald to accept a firm and fair offer. At this point in time, I don't think it trumps the Suh deal, if he takes the risk of waiting another year, it certainly does.

To demonstrate this aspect will most likely be seen if a deal is not inked prior to the start of training camp and Donald holds out. The hold out mitigates Donald's risk for injury in camp and the only reason he would do this is to keep all the cards he has to play with, even though he contractually is obligated to participate.

Meh, all this dialog and and I think the deal gets done before they start camp, that is as long as Donald's camp isn't seeking that record setting type deal.

You can bet they are seeing one of if not the richest deal for a DT in NFL history... who deserves it more? The cap goes up, the salaries go up(Tavon's 14 mil proves that)... It'll likely be a backloaded deal, but with HUGE numbers...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet they are seeing one of if not the richest deal for a DT in NFL history... who deserves it more? The cap goes up, the salaries go up(Tavon's 14 mil proves that)... It'll likely be a backloaded deal, but with HUGE numbers...
You think like an Agent, if he gets that sort of deal, the Rams will over pay.

Not saying that's not what may need to happen here, but the Rams would throw out all their invested capital that they hold at this point, and if Donald continues to play at this level for years to come they will be in this same boat 2 to 4 years sooner than they could be otherwise.

Donald's camp has to offer some concession for an early extention for it to make business sense for the Rams organization, other than it's the 'right thing to do'.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think like an Agent, if he gets that sort of deal, the Rams will over pay.

Not saying that's not what may need to happen here, wbut the Rams would throw out all their invested capital that they hold at this point, and if Donald continues to play at this level for years to come they will be in this same boat 2 to 4 years sooner than they could be otherwise.

Donald's camp has to offer some concession for an early extention for it to make business sense for the Rams organization, other than it's the 'right thing to do'.

Again, I see what you're saying, and maybe I kinda am thinking like an agent but let's look at his history.... You mention injuries and he has never been injured in his career... Who has been better than him at DT since he has entered the league? No one... Should we really wait a year and see if he gets injured/doesn't perform like he did in his past and then eventually have to franchise tag him(a la Trumaine Johnson who is almost 100% to go next season?)