• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about your Defense

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is the defense look this year? Pretty good?

The reason I ask is because Nebraska's QB Taylor Martinez, can be rattled. I know even though it was last year, OU was able to get in his face, take him down, a couple of times and Taylor (mentally) was gone for the game. So if you can get to Martinez and rattle him...Wisconson should get the victory.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I'd say good but not great. Yes, we've allowed under 10 points a game, but we've let some bad teams pick up some yards. The secondary is good but banged up at the moment. Our linebackers are good but have missed a few tackles. Our Dline has been good against the pass, but we've given up some decent runs.

We'll see tomorrow.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our defense is pretty solid. The line is unspectacular, but they'll make some plays and (hopefully) won't get dominated up front. Our linebacking corp is really, really good. Taylor and Borland seem to be everywhere. They are speedy, smart, and tackle really well. The secondary is good as well, with Fenelus having improved tremendously to become a solid #1 CB and Aaron Henry being an elite safety. The concern in the secondary is depth, as one starter is out for the year (CB Devin Smith) and another is banged up but playing this week (Shelton Johnson).

I imagine Martinez will make some plays, but he'll probably find the speed of our linebackers very frustrating. If the front four can get some pressure, i'll think Nebraska will have some real trouble, but we'll see.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kinda (REAL) glad, we don't have to play you (unless we're in the Championship Game)

um_seal.gif

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Vade said. I don't think Martinez will have a ton of time to throw, but it's on the linebackers and our safeties to take away the runs outside the tackles if you ask me. I think our defensive tackles are going to do fine, but our defensive ends are more speed than they are power, so they might give up the edge.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is the defense look this year? Pretty good?

The reason I ask is because Nebraska's QB Taylor Martinez, can be rattled. I know even though it was last year, OU was able to get in his face, take him down, a couple of times and Taylor (mentally) was gone for the game. So if you can get to Martinez and rattle him...Wisconson should get the victory.

Last year (Last 5 games) he had a bad wheel too... so this contributed to issues...

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK David Gilbert (starting DE) broke his foot in practice, out 6-8 weeks

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that is pretty bad. Kelly could step up though.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that is pretty bad. Kelly could step up though.

Yeah, Kelly's a good player. This is a lot like the Devin Smith injury. The concern isn't with the injured player's replacement. The concern is what happens if another starter goes down at those positions. If that happens, we could be in trouble. For now, we'll be fine.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, ya. We would be in trouble if Kelly or Nzegwu are injured today. Hemer would get in there maybe? Have fun at the game, Smart!

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than giving them a short field to get that first score, I'd say we looked pretty good on Saturday.

And Illinois / MSU with "good Cousins" might be the only teams we face before the CCG that have offenses.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really impressed. The DTs were playing with some serious intensity, and Nzegwu was playing out of his mind for a good portion of the game. Taylor and Borland look great.