• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Situation For All NFL Teams

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually dont like any of the Big 3 QB's coming out in this particular draft.....
I suspect its more of a big 2. I think Lynch has a really good chance of falling out of rd1.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams going for the gold:suds:

Rams GM Les Snead said Case Keenum will be "our starting quarterback."

As ridiculous as the commitment to Keenum has been, this is not surprising news. The Rams failed to add a quarterback in free agency despite plenty of money and opportunity, and they are not in a position to grab either of the top quarterbacks in the draft. With 7-9 as the annual goal, the Rams are in a good position with Keenum under center.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch falls to 31 I can't see Denver passing him up.
Ah, good point. I've been comparing him to Brock Osweiler anyways and he has been linked to Denver.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect its more of a big 2. I think Lynch has a really good chance of falling out of rd1.

Not a big fan of Lynch.....For one he has long hair, and since Stabler, long haired QB's have a pretty poor track record

Really watched him in his bowl game and came away really un-impressed, and that was his stiffest comp of possibly his college career

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree it's big two, but Lynch has too many spots to land to miss the 1st round altogether.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus if Lynch gets taken I could see Denver taking Connor Cook at 31, I think we'll see no less than 3 QB's go in the 1st round.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big fan of Lynch.....For one he has long hair, and since Stabler, long haired QB's have a pretty poor track record

Really watched him in his bowl game and came away really un-impressed, and that was his stiffest comp of possibly his college career

Not a Brady fan but the guy does have a pretty good track record.
bradyhair.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. Honestly right now though for the Broncos I would put a big question mark too. I have no idea what Elway will do for that position. I can see a variety of things happen over the next month and a half.
I'm thinking they'll direct-snap to a running back - skip the QB and add an extra lineman.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they'll direct-snap to a running back - skip the QB and add an extra lineman.....

That might give us a better offense than what we put on the field last year.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Cutler will be in the MVP discussion next year.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch had a workout with the Chiefs today. Would certainly be an interesting move if in the unlikely scenario he were to be the pick at 28.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton Lynch had a workout with the Chiefs today. Would certainly be an interesting move if in the unlikely scenario he were to be the pick at 28.
Its smart to at least entertain the idea if the Broncos have already shown interest. Make them trade up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its smart to at least entertain the idea if the Broncos have already shown interest. Make them trade up.

This was my exact thought when I heard he was flying out to KC of this is a move to force the Broncos to trade up if they want his services. Good move.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my exact thought when I heard he was flying out to KC of this is a move to force the Broncos to trade up if they want his services. Good move.
Walterfootball did point out that Andy Reid drafted Kevin Kolb when Donovan McNabb was Alex Smith's age so its not out of the question for the Chiefs to take Lynch who is most definitely a high upside project. Chiefs GM also generally seem to use his 1st round picks on high positional value guys. QB, LT, #1 pass rusher, #1 CB right now have the highest positional value followed by NT and I think #1 WR or 2nd pass rusher.

Lynch to KC isn't unheard of. I don't think the Chiefs can move up because they just lost a 3rd rounder so I think if Denver wants him then Denver gets him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball did point out that Andy Reid drafted Kevin Kolb when Donovan McNabb was Alex Smith's age so its not out of the question for the Chiefs to take Lynch who is most definitely a high upside project. Chiefs GM also generally seem to use his 1st round picks on high positional value guys. QB, LT, #1 pass rusher, #1 CB right now have the highest positional value followed by NT and I think #1 WR or 2nd pass rusher.

Lynch to KC isn't unheard of. I don't think the Chiefs can move up because they just lost a 3rd rounder so I think if Denver wants him then Denver gets him.

My thought more so is this forces the Broncos to trade up instead of hoping he falls to them. The Chiefs and Cardinals are the only 2 teams beyond the top-20 that I am worried about taking that 3rd QB. I think this type of move forces the Broncos to not risk hoping he falls past those two teams and just move up to remove all doubt. They have a lot of draft picks anyway so I don't think that is a problem but not sure how much they like or don't like Lynch. I would think if they don't get Kaepernick that a QB like Cook would be more appealing. He is more NFL ready. Played in a very similar scheme at Michigan State to what Kubiak wants to run and has a lot more game tape to show he is ready to go. Wouldn't ask him to be big man on campus day 1 so can ease him in a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams going for the gold:suds:

Rams GM Les Snead said Case Keenum will be "our starting quarterback."

As ridiculous as the commitment to Keenum has been, this is not surprising news. The Rams failed to add a quarterback in free agency despite plenty of money and opportunity, and they are not in a position to grab either of the top quarterbacks in the draft. With 7-9 as the annual goal, the Rams are in a good position with Keenum under center.

Overstatement. Keenum is "our starting quarterback to start camp". Rams had plenty of money and opportunity to grab a QB in free agency? To what, spend $18M per on Osweiler? Daniel is unproven, RG3 is broken and reclamation project, and the rest are worse. Fitz is still out there, but apparently thinks he's worth Cousins/Osweiler money. Rams have last year's 3rd rounder (Sean Mannion) who red-shirted last year.

The Rams need to find a taker for Foles before they add another QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought more so is this forces the Broncos to trade up instead of hoping he falls to them. The Chiefs and Cardinals are the only 2 teams beyond the top-20 that I am worried about taking that 3rd QB. I think this type of move forces the Broncos to not risk hoping he falls past those two teams and just move up to remove all doubt. They have a lot of draft picks anyway so I don't think that is a problem but not sure how much they like or don't like Lynch. I would think if they don't get Kaepernick that a QB like Cook would be more appealing. He is more NFL ready. Played in a very similar scheme at Michigan State to what Kubiak wants to run and has a lot more game tape to show he is ready to go. Wouldn't ask him to be big man on campus day 1 so can ease him in a bit.
I don't think Lynch fits the Chiefs profile as much as picking Cook or Prescott in rd2 does but if they see something special in Lynch I might be able to see them pulling the trigger. That said, I think this is all moot because if Lynch has the upside, its the Broncos that will trade up to get him.