• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Situation For All NFL Teams

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC

AFC East
---
Buffalo--Tyrod Taylor...27 years old/6th season
Miami---Ryan Tannehill....28 years old/5th season
NY Jets--Ryan Fitzpatrick..33 years old/12th season
New England--Tom Brady....39 years old/17th season

AFC North---
Baltimore--- Joe Flacco....31 years old/9th season
Cincy--- Andy Dalton......29 years old/6th season
Cleveland---FREE AGENT/DRAFT
Pittsburgh---Ben Roethlisberger....34 years old/13th season

AFC South---
Houston---Brock Osweiler.....25 years old/5th season
Indy---Andrew Luck...27 years old/5th season
Jax----Blake Bortles....24 years old/3rd season
Tennessee----Marcus Mariota....22 years old/2nd season

AFC West---
Denver---FREE AGENT/DRAFT
Kansas City----Alex Smith....32 years old/12th season
Oakland-----Derek Carr......25 years old/3rd season
San Diego----Phillip Rivers...34 years old/13th season

NFC

NFC East---
Dallas-----Tony Romo....36 years old/14th season
NY Giants----Eli Manning...35 years old/13th season
Philly------Sam Bradford....28 years old/7th season
Washington---Kirk Cousins...28 years old/5th season

NFC North---
Chicago----Jay Cutler....33 years old/11th season
Detroit-----Matt Stafford...28 years old/8th season
Green Bay----Aaron Rodgers...32 years old/12th season
Minnesota---Teddy Bridgewater...23 years old/3rd season

NFC South---
Atlanta-----Matt Ryan....31 years old/9th season
Carolina-----Cam Newton...27 years old/6th season
New Orleans-----Drew Brees...37 years old/16th season
Tampa Bay-----Jameis Winston...22 years old/2nd season

NFC West---
Arizona-----Carson Palmer....36 years old/14th season
San Francisco----Colin Kaepernick...28 years old/6th season
Seattle-------Russell Wilson......27 years old/5th season
St. Louis---Case Keenum.....28 years old/5th season

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh, i could have swore brees was older :scratch:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Fitzpatrick hasn't signed with the Jets yet so can't really put him down as their starter at this point.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see where all the power goes once guys like Tom Brady,Ben Roethlisberger,Eli Manning,etc. start retiring.

Never thought i'd see or say it this soon but Oakland is about to be really good again,after years of struggle so are Jacksonville.

Could we see teams like Denver,Baltimore,etc. fall out of favor?

My two young up and comers in the AFC/NFC are....

Oakland Raiders and Minnesota Vikings. Due to good drafting along with young promising QB's the arrow is pointed up.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Fitzpatrick hasn't signed with the Jets yet so can't really put him down as their starter at this point.

You are right thats my mistake. Wish we could edit older posts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see where all the power goes once guys like Tom Brady,Ben Roethlisberger,Eli Manning,etc. start retiring.

Never thought i'd see or say it this soon but Oakland is about to be really good again,after years of struggle so are Jacksonville.

Oakland Raiders and Minnesota Vikings. Due to good drafting along with young promising QB's the arrow is pointed up.

The problem for the Raiders and Vikings though will be when the QB's come due their money. We have seen teams with QB's that are decent to good players who are on rookie contracts and can be surrounded by talent do well but when they have less cap space to actually work with to build around the player can they still maintain that high caliber of play to raise everybody else up? Think about it for the Raiders they are going to have Mack and Carr both due in the same year. We are talking 2 guys making more than $20 million a year if they stay healthy and play at a reasonable level. So all of a sudden that eliminates all the big name type players they just signed this off season from being re-signed or adding new younger players.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders seem the popular darling coming into this season...I need to see more consistent play from Carr from week to week......Raiders right now seem to be the team that wins the game you expect them to win, and lose the games you expect them to lose, which pegs them right around 8-8...Once they start winning that big road game @ Chiefs or @ Denver, ill be convinced

Not a big Teddy Bridgewater fan, think he is a low ceiling QB, much like Alex Smith.....I see them as a fringe playoff team every season, but wouldnt expect big things out of them come playoff time

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders seem the popular darling coming into this season...I need to see more consistent play from Carr from week to week......Raiders right now seem to be the team that wins the game you expect them to win, and lose the games you expect them to lose, which pegs them right around 8-8...Once they start winning that big road game @ Chiefs or @ Denver, ill be convinced

Not a big Teddy Bridgewater fan, think he is a low ceiling QB, much like Alex Smith.....I see them as a fringe playoff team every season, but wouldnt expect big things out of them come playoff time

I agree on Carr. We saw over the 2nd half of the season that he really struggled. Now was that injuries around him or maybe that teams figured out the offense they were running and Carr began to struggle when teams made adjustments? Probably a combination of the 2 but just have to see if he can take that next step in his growth or if he has maximized his ability. The OL ahead of him should help some giving him lots of time but still needs to show some more.

Also agree on Bridgewater. He has not shown the ability to throw the deep ball and so teams have stopped respecting anything over 15 yards with him. He needs to show a lot more this year to show he can be a long-term solution for any team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Carr. We saw over the 2nd half of the season that he really struggled. Now was that injuries around him or maybe that teams figured out the offense they were running and Carr began to struggle when teams made adjustments? Probably a combination of the 2 but just have to see if he can take that next step in his growth or if he has maximized his ability. The OL ahead of him should help some giving him lots of time but still needs to show some more.

Also agree on Bridgewater. He has not shown the ability to throw the deep ball and so teams have stopped respecting anything over 15 yards with him. He needs to show a lot more this year to show he can be a long-term solution for any team.

Yup, not quite as much on the Carr bandwagon as many people seem to be...Doesnt mean there isnt a chance he grows into something great, but ive seen enough bad from him, that I wouldnt be surprised if he remains just an average QB

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, not quite as much on the Carr bandwagon as many people seem to be...Doesnt mean there isnt a chance he grows into something great, but ive seen enough bad from him, that I wouldnt be surprised if he remains just an average QB

Agree. Honestly I don't think he was that much different of a QB this past year compared to his rookie year. He was still throwing almost everything short. I think his actual average air yards per throw was only like .2 more this past season compared to the one before. The difference was he had weapons that could do something with the ball. What I saw over the 2nd half of the season though was that teams started scooting a little closer to the LOS and taking a lot of those quick throws away. When they took that 1st read and the short stuff away he really struggled to adjust and make teams pay for not respecting him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Patriots signing that bum to so much guaranteed money. :L

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Honestly I don't think he was that much different of a QB this past year compared to his rookie year. He was still throwing almost everything short. I think his actual average air yards per throw was only like .2 more this past season compared to the one before. The difference was he had weapons that could do something with the ball. What I saw over the 2nd half of the season though was that teams started scooting a little closer to the LOS and taking a lot of those quick throws away. When they took that 1st read and the short stuff away he really struggled to adjust and make teams pay for not respecting him.

Yup, definitely doesnt lack the weapons...Crabtree was fantastic, Amari looks like the real deal, and Murray gave them 16 games i believe

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he also didn't add Denver-Mark Sanchez 29.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he also didn't add Denver-Mark Sanchez 29.

That is true. Honestly right now though for the Broncos I would put a big question mark too. I have no idea what Elway will do for that position. I can see a variety of things happen over the next month and a half.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. Honestly right now though for the Broncos I would put a big question mark too. I have no idea what Elway will do for that position. I can see a variety of things happen over the next month and a half.
I agree but with that way of thinking how solid are Kaepernik or Keenum? Currently Sancize is yours, Own it like TO said "that's my quarterback" sniffle sniffle

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, definitely doesnt lack the weapons...Crabtree was fantastic, Amari looks like the real deal, and Murray gave them 16 games i believe

This is why I said when Carr and Mack have to get paid what happens to the Raiders? We have seen a lot of teams when they had a rookie QB on rookie wages be able to build a very strong team. As soon as they had to pay those players they fell to being an average team or worse depending on some of the players they had built up.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Keenum an UPGRADE over Sanchez?

Not a big fan

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I said when Carr and Mack have to get paid what happens to the Raiders? We have seen a lot of teams when they had a rookie QB on rookie wages be able to build a very strong team. As soon as they had to pay those players they fell to being an average team or worse depending on some of the players they had built up.

It is truly a shame whats happened with salaries at the QB position.....When Andy Dalton can be 0 and forever in the postseason, and get 100+million, pandoras box is wide open...A guy like Derek Carr is all but guaranteed to be a $100 million player, and thats based strictly off of "OK" play......I think the cap has to be adjusted actually to reflect the craziness of whats gone on with QB salaries.....or more specifically, AVERAGE QB salaries

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly a shame whats happened with salaries at the QB position.....When Andy Dalton can be 0 and forever in the postseason, and get 100+million, pandoras box is wide open...A guy like Derek Carr is all but guaranteed to be a $100 million player, and thats based strictly off of "OK" play......I think the cap has to be adjusted actually to reflect the craziness of whats gone on with QB salaries.....or more specifically, AVERAGE QB salaries
I Don't see any other way unless they cap it somehow? It's all about supply and demand. Way too many average to below average QBs getting paid big duckettes by desperate teams. There just aren't enough quality QBs to go around.