• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proud of our boyz today

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'm happy they won, even if it was a sloppy dub. But what really impressed me above all else was the DISCIPLINE they showed on both sides of the ball. 3, count 'em, 3 total penalties for a whopping 24 yards vs the 49ers committing 12 for 99 respectively, a number of which resulted in 1st downs for the Bears. It really was the difference in the game today. The Bears showed this discipline in all three of their preseason games, so today confirms it was no fluke. Maybe not a great game, but a fun game it was beating a team that was a 7 pt favorite. Oh and speaking of which, LSD is getting paid baby!!!

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...What a game.

I mean. Lots of thoughts so I'll touch on a few:

It's only game 1 and I remember Matt Nagy's first game...where we fell short against the Packers, but there was such optimism after that game (which turned out to be warranted, for that season at least). So yeah, tempered excitement.

That said:

Game ball: Our defense. Yeah, the 49ers offense isn't a juggernaut, especially with Lance being a noob and no Kittle. And yeah, we had the weather to help us out some on top of that. BUT...That unit did what it was expected to do (at least by us biased Bears fans lol). Without their performance we have no chance. Our offense put up 204 yards, that "shouldn't" cut it, but it did...because they came to ball. Kudos to the coaching staff for not only the discipline (as LSD mentioned) but yes, the fire/passion of the players out there on the field. You could see that the players carried a chip and were buying in that "We're better than that asshole Jiddy and his ilk say we are."

Play of the game: I mean...It goes without saying that it's Justin's 3rd and long rollout then opposite field TD pass to Pettis to get us on the board. Sh*t...A couple plays earlier we had almost fully lost the crowd (and yours truly to some degree) with a 3rd and 4 run-which was thankfully bailed out by a facemask penalty. But 3rd and long and Fields did what everyone wants their franchise QB to do. Made a play. A game-changing one. It's only one play...but it completely changed the momentum of the game from a point of despair. THAT'S what superstars do. Hell...Right after that play I was like...Well sh*t...We're going to win...and believed it, even down 3. Cheers to many more plays like that one.

Random thoughts:

Gonna give Cairo Santos a pass. Missing 2 extra points IS bullsh*t, and thank goodness it didn't come back to haunt us. BUT...It was a f*cking nightmare out there with the weather and he's been very consistent for us so far. So I'm not worried about it...until/unless there's more to worry about.

The offensive line, as expected, had a f*cking hell of a time out there. However, the front 7 of SF is top notch. It was always a bad matchup and probably the main reason most of us thought we'd lose. BUT...Our defense picked us up and we got just enough to get on the board with two touchdowns in the second half....Speaking of:

HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS?!? I don't think anyone has informed the new staff we don't do that here in Chicago. lulz God it's nice to not suck for once after a bad first half. Coaches were just a notch below defense for my game ball because of this.

Yeah, Gordon got smoked on one play. Inevitable with young DB's as they learn and grow. Nice to get one of those out of the way in a winning effort. Shake it off and move on to the next play. Brisker laid some wood out there a time or two. Scouting report success story.

Nice to see EJax get us a turnover. Need those back this season and going forward. He can't tackle for sh*t...but papa needs his turnovers...and papa got one today. Thought he was gonna house it.

Finally: WATER F*CKING SLIDE!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't bother copying everything you said Jiddy, but I'm pretty much on board with everything above, great analysis. If I had to throw out two additional names on the D it would be Roquan Smith and Dominique Robinson. Smith because I don't believe he took a snap in the preseason, unless he played a bit in the last game - I honestly don't remember. But regardless, he shook off whatever rust that might have gathered in the previous weeks and played one helluva game. And Robinson because the rook showed some serious quick-steppin' off the snap, which resulted in 1.5 sacks for him today and a TFL. The kid can penetrate, that's for sure.

My only other individual observation, and this on the O side of the ball, was Kahlil Herbert looking quicker and stronger than David Montgomery when handed the seed. One game shouldn't automatically mean the two must switch roles, but so far I'd give Herbert the edge.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I had seen the first half. Nice ugly win. And, I'll take it. No one gave the Bears a shot. And, I'll say this, Green Bay plays next week like they played this week our Bears have another shot at winning.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are starting the line at 9 points for the packer game. I guess Rodgers is more dangerous after getting shellacked.

I walk away from the game still wishing that Eddie Jackson would learn how to tackle. I dont care about an interception when he gets blown up three or four times, three for a first down and one for a TD with his refusal to try to wrap anyone up, just does this shove move.

I am guessing the Luke Getsy offense is pretty incredible to get the pettis TD being wide open after 4 niners chased Monty across the field. The only real good throw he had was the St John throw.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walk away from the game still wishing that Eddie Jackson would learn how to tackle. I dont care about an interception when he gets blown up three or four times, three for a first down and one for a TD with his refusal to try to wrap anyone up, just does this shove move.

On every tackle mentioned he is the last guy coming in and trying to tackle a runner with a full head of steam. The TD one...the runner was already at the goal line was EJax got there. Him stopping that touchdown was physically impossible.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On every tackle mentioned he is the last guy coming in and trying to tackle a runner with a full head of steam. The TD one...the runner was already at the goal line was EJax got there. Him stopping that touchdown was physically impossible.

Still got trucked...and lulz were had.

Shout out to Chris Conte

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good win against a great defense on a day when the weather was really bad. That first half was horrendous but the second half changed everything.

I'll take it.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got trucked...and lulz were had.

Shout out to Chris Conte

There's not a single safety in football, past or present, that was gonna stop that touchdown in Jackson's position. On Deebo of all people.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not a single safety in football, past or present, that was gonna stop that touchdown in Jackson's position. On Deebo of all people.
probably 15-20 of them would at least put in some effort. He is constantly allowing a player to fall forward for first downs with this two armed shoulder shove attempt to tackle that resembles what you used to do to a friend in high school when you walked down the aisles and shoved him into a locker. Fine I will give it to Debo, there were still 4 plays where he was the last (as usual) to get there, even when three or four bears already slowed the runner down.

This is tackle football, its too bad he got that pick because that give him this year of getting excused by his fanbois.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably 15-20 of them would at least put in some effort. He is constantly allowing a player to fall forward for first downs with this two armed shoulder shove attempt to tackle that resembles what you used to do to a friend in high school when you walked down the aisles and shoved him into a locker. Fine I will give it to Debo, there were still 4 plays where he was the last (as usual) to get there, even when three or four bears already slowed the runner down.

This is tackle football, its too bad he got that pick because that give him this year of getting excused by his fanbois.

I've been extremely critical of EJax since 2019. But he didn't lack effort yesterday. He was the last man in on quite a few plays because he was coming from across the field, the opposite side of his C2 responsibility. I can't recall a play where a blown coverage was his responsibility.

Not sure what fan boys you're speaking of...EJax is typically the most criticized Bears player that isn't a QB on Twitter. But as usual....trying to figure out exactly what you're saying is a challenge.

You're criticizing a guy for being the last to a play when you admit others were already there and failed to make a tackle. Let that sink in.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been extremely critical of EJax since 2019. But he didn't lack effort yesterday. He was the last man in on quite a few plays because he was coming from across the field, the opposite side of his C2 responsibility. I can't recall a play where a blown coverage was his responsibility.

Not sure what fan boys you're speaking of...EJax is typically the most criticized Bears player that isn't a QB on Twitter. But as usual....trying to figure out exactly what you're saying is a challenge.

You're criticizing a guy for being the last to a play when you admit others were already there and failed to make a tackle. Let that sink in.

Eddie Jackson should be the most criticized player on the Bears. He was paid top ten safety money because he was a ball hawk...He's done none of that the past 2 seasons. Him actually getting a pick in game 1 was so refreshing and unexpected that it makes me want to believe it was scheme that did him. Hopefully we get a resurgence.

And he ain't a great tackler...So "fanbois" lulz/facepalm about that stuff...but let's not automatically translate that into "He's a bad player." Deion is one of the greatest DB's of all time...Dude couldn't take me down in the open field. (God I love the internet)

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest benefit to EJax this season is Brisker. Jackson was at his best paired with Amos. Amos left and Eddie hasn't been the same. Now he has a big physical safety with him and it frees Jackson up to freelance more....which is the one thing he's actually good at.

Not a great tackler by any means but he can make game changing plays when he's allowed to lurk. Having Brisker in the box allows him to do more of that this season.

I'll never love the guy. He trash talks too much and shoulder tackles way too much for my liking. But he can be successful in this defense.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was especially happy the coaching staff could make half time adjustments?! Watching Nagy "coach" the offense that was a foreign concept to Bears Football!!!!

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Jackson should be the most criticized player on the Bears. He was paid top ten safety money because he was a ball hawk...He's done none of that the past 2 seasons. Him actually getting a pick in game 1 was so refreshing and unexpected that it makes me want to believe it was scheme that did him. Hopefully we get a resurgence.

And he ain't a great tackler...So "fanbois" lulz/facepalm about that stuff...but let's not automatically translate that into "He's a bad player." Deion is one of the greatest DB's of all time...Dude couldn't take me down in the open field. (God I love the internet)
He was paid top 1 money by Pace and held that until Adams got his money. And yeah, that has alot to do with it. Any big contract with no backup play will get criticized. Not like I agree with the bear defensive captains, but at least he is not one of them. I guess we have also gotten some reprieve by Eddie not becoming the highest paid nickel back in the history of the league.
All the bear fans want is effort so the shove shoulder needs some work, but it has needed work for 3 years now and he has not put in that work. Before you give him a pass, lets remember that Mike Brown played the free safety position, he would make picks and he would clean your clock. Eddie will never get there, and Mike only managed to play 100 games for the bears over 9 seasons, played all 16 for KC in his final, but is known as a top 50 player of all time of the Chicago Bears.

I sure hope this is the year we beat the packers, but my money is on a few extended drives that keep our offense off the field because a running is tackled forward.

I was especially happy the coaching staff could make half time adjustments?! Watching Nagy "coach" the offense that was a foreign concept to Bears Football!!!!
and yes, what a refreshing change. It beats the 15 scripted plays, regardless of field position that includes 5 trick ponies. even when they were down two scores after two three and outs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was paid top 1 money by Pace and held that until Adams got his money. And yeah, that has alot to do with it. Any big contract with no backup play will get criticized. Not like I agree with the bear defensive captains, but at least he is not one of them. I guess we have also gotten some reprieve by Eddie not becoming the highest paid nickel back in the history of the league.
All the bear fans want is effort so the shove shoulder needs some work, but it has needed work for 3 years now and he has not put in that work. Before you give him a pass, lets remember that Mike Brown played the free safety position, he would make picks and he would clean your clock. Eddie will never get there, and Mike only managed to play 100 games for the bears over 9 seasons, played all 16 for KC in his final, but is known as a top 50 player of all time of the Chicago Bears.

I sure hope this is the year we beat the packers, but my money is on a few extended drives that keep our offense off the field because a running is tackled forward.

and yes, what a refreshing change. It beats the 15 scripted plays, regardless of field position that includes 5 trick ponies. even when they were down two scores after two three and outs.

Eddie Jackson has a LONG way to go to be viewed in my eyes anywhere near Mike Brown. It breaks my heart that he didn't get to play in the big game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson and Brisker could end up being the best duo at safety the Bears have ever had. Brisker is a stud.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson and Brisker could end up being the best duo at safety the Bears have ever had. Brisker is a stud.
I think Brisker and whoever replaces Eddie Jackson have a better chance of being the best duo the bears have ever had.