• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to the NFL general board

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the few memories i have of the CFL as a young lad.

That game and in a PMQ in Ottawa watching Doug Flutie win a Grey Cup for the Argos i think???????

Before we got cable TV, CFL was all there was, aside from the NFL Championship/Super Bowl on KVOS.... My town was very late to the cable TV game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely sounds like a jerk. The ESPN boards were unmoderated. .

Oh, they were moderated all right. I used to enjoy going to the Yankees board and getting banned.
They really ruined it when they went to the "robustness"

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, they were moderated all right. I used to enjoy going to the Yankees board and getting banned.

I am surprised because I don't remember anyone getting banned no matter how much they trolled or how many aliases they created. Never once even saw a post from a moderator

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good info to be compiled in here what with all the knowledge-based folk and the chattering of woodsmen. Great place to await the season. Good luck to all, pre-season in a couple of weeks. Cheer up! It's underway ...

Must have been flying high last night when you posted. 2 bottles of Jack?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that goes way back, ESPN, they sent us all to Facebook, didn't give a damn if you had a FB or were willing to use it for such crap. I arrived here on driftwood after that exodus.

Me too Dude, I went through a few other groupie boards before I landed here....There's some cool fans on here, that can take it as well as dish it out, kinda like ESPN....I never went to the FB one but I do still read their espn Ravens Blog....Good to find an old espn'er on here !!!:thumb:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on that MLB board a lot back in the day. It was pretty great. Who was the bay area guy that only talked about how clean Bonds was, True_Niners or something like that? I think a few of the guys came over here but not a lot stayed. @StanMarsh51 posts from time to time, so does @DragonfromTO . Imsmartherthanyou, JR_Hart, steveringo I haven't seen in a while.

Lol i remember i'msmarterthanyou

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yeah, I would actually post with NYYankeeFanForever on another board until he left due to some board drama. Good dude. Comm still plays in the fantasy league I am in with him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Dude, I went through a few other groupie boards before I landed here....There's some cool fans on here, that can take it as well as dish it out, kinda like ESPN....I never went to the FB one but I do still read their espn Ravens Blog....Good to find an old espn'er on here !!!:thumb:

I used to jerk the Ravens fans chain a little. I remember you and craven, Haven't seen him in awhile. Maybe if the Ravens get better they'll show up more.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to jerk the Ravens fans chain a little. I remember you and craven, Haven't seen him in awhile. Maybe if the Ravens get better they'll show up more.....

Cravn seldom leaves that extreme ravens groupie board...
I don't remember you from espn, but then I may have banned you....:heh:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check the weather. Is it fair?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean the board that hasn't had a post since 6 June? That board?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just here so I don't get fined.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised because I don't remember anyone getting banned no matter how much they trolled or how many aliases they created. Never once even saw a post from a moderator

Bruh towards the end I got banned basically every two weeks. Sometimes I'd have < 10 posts that week with no trolling and still get banned. It was a shit show.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely sounds like a jerk. The ESPN boards were unmoderated. Definitely not someone I remember although at ESPN one person could create multiple handles. Sounds like he enjoyed talking trash to others more than he did about seriously discussing his own teams. There was one 49er fan who was obsessed with Alex Smith. He had a dozen or so handles and would post anti Alex Smith diatribes using multiple aliases. Got to the point most of the regulars got fed up and came here.

They were all moderated, just most mods weren't anxious to ban anyone because you had to go through a process, warnings first, then 24-48-72hr bans before permanent bans....You could mod all the boards or just your team board....There wasn't much you could do to get permanent banned then...But in the end they went to an automated or in house system I think and it ruined them....I was already exploring other boards before they shut down.....
However I despise groupie type boards with mods that think they're your mother, and most that I've been to are just that except the Hoop....That's why I'm a Hoopster !!!:D

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean the board that hasn't had a post since 6 June? That board?

If you're talking about ER, I don't know, I don't even bother to look in that little dump anymore...Kiss up city !!!! :L

But if you're talking about the Hoop Ravens board, :fish:

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on that MLB board a lot back in the day. It was pretty great. Who was the bay area guy that only talked about how clean Bonds was, True_Niners or something like that? I think a few of the guys came over here but not a lot stayed. @StanMarsh51 posts from time to time, so does @DragonfromTO . Imsmartherthanyou, JR_Hart, steveringo I haven't seen in a while.
I remember True Niners too. Also there was a Nats fan in the early days of their existence that was relentless in his postings, but he was funny. Can't remember his handle.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was southieinnc there and never got banned on NFL boards. I had a penchant for irritating the crankn Yankees on the yankee board. Lots of spirited banter on the Ravens board but I didn't crap on the Ravens board.
The Indy board did not have a MOD - they were fair game. The Dallas board was so heavily full of trolls you could not even get noticed. They trolled themselves without deference! The Patriots board was perfect.....