• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to the NFL general board

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good info to be compiled in here what with all the knowledge-based folk and the chattering of woodsmen. Great place to await the season. Good luck to all, pre-season in a couple of weeks. Cheer up! It's underway ...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're better than Facebook NFL fans. Go us. We're e-e-e-e-e-elite.
Man that goes way back, ESPN, they sent us all to Facebook, didn't give a damn if you had a FB or were willing to use it for such crap. I arrived here on driftwood after that exodus.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that goes way back, ESPN, they sent us all to Facebook, didn't give a damn if you had a FB or were willing to use it for such crap. I arrived here on driftwood after that exodus.
Damn right. Baseball was more my thing on ESPN but I do remember the NFL general board a bit.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good info to be compiled in here what with all the knowledge-based folk and the chattering of woodsmen. Great place to await the season. Good luck to all, pre-season in a couple of weeks. Cheer up! It's underway ...

Can't wait...

I'm a football junkie and CFL doesn't help my fix

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right. Baseball was more my thing on ESPN but I do remember the NFL general board a bit.
I was on that MLB board a lot back in the day. It was pretty great. Who was the bay area guy that only talked about how clean Bonds was, True_Niners or something like that? I think a few of the guys came over here but not a lot stayed. @StanMarsh51 posts from time to time, so does @DragonfromTO . Imsmartherthanyou, JR_Hart, steveringo I haven't seen in a while.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on that MLB board a lot back in the day. It was pretty great. Who was the bay area guy that only talked about how clean Bonds was, True_Niners or something like that? I think a few of the guys came over here but not a lot stayed. @StanMarsh51 posts from time to time, so does @DragonfromTO . Imsmartherthanyou, JR_Hart, steveringo I haven't seen in a while.

I see Stan alot where I hang out ;)

Like a full blown heroin addict trying to get by on a Percoset 5...

I don't know what you mean but yep.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN was the lawless frontier of message boards, good times.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've found myself watching the CFL sort of this year. Lions games anyway.

All the pre snap movement makes me a wee bit dizzy, but it's better than baseball.

Ill watch it if it is on. Caught a view games on in the break room at Save-on.

Never been a huge fan though. Just seems different but going to try a live game on Ottawa in November ;). See if kindles up a fire( granted i might need that fire and more to keep warm.)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't remember a True Niners handle on the ESPN 49er board. He must have spent his time on the baseball boards. I can't imagine anyone really thinking Bonds was clean. Was any successful player from that era clean?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't remember a True Niners handle on the ESPN 49er board. He must have spent his time on the baseball boards. I can't imagine anyone really thinking Bonds was clean. Was any successful player from that era clean?
True Niners was a yuuuuuuuuuuuge 49ers troll. He was more on the AFC West Blog (and presumably the NFC West blog too) than the team board so you might not know him.

If there was one thing Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers fans could agree to, it was that Trueniners was a fuckstick.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill watch it if it is on. Caught a view games on in the break room at Save-on.

Never been a huge fan though. Just seems different but going to try a live game on Ottawa in November ;). See if kindles up a fire( granted i might need that fire and more to keep warm.)

I went to a Grey Cup in 1994? in Vancouver and the Lions won.

But I hadn't watched the regular season for a while and the tickets were free. A local talk radio host (Dave Pratt??) wanted to brainwash me into liking the CFL again.

But I've blacked it out completely since, until this year. Once NFL starts up I'll likely do similarly again.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a Grey Cup in 1994? in Vancouver and the Lions won.

But I hadn't watched the regular season for a while and the tickets were free. A local talk radio host (Dave Pratt??) wanted to brainwash me into liking the CFL again.

But I've blacked it out completely since, until this year. Once NFL starts up I'll likely do similarly again.

One of the few memories i have of the CFL as a young lad.

That game and in a PMQ in Ottawa watching Doug Flutie win a Grey Cup for the Argos i think???????

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Niners was a yuuuuuuuuuuuge 49ers troll. He was more on the AFC West Blog (and presumably the NFC West blog too) than the team board so you might not know him.

If there was one thing Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers fans could agree to, it was that Trueniners was a fuckstick.

Definitely sounds like a jerk. The ESPN boards were unmoderated. Definitely not someone I remember although at ESPN one person could create multiple handles. Sounds like he enjoyed talking trash to others more than he did about seriously discussing his own teams. There was one 49er fan who was obsessed with Alex Smith. He had a dozen or so handles and would post anti Alex Smith diatribes using multiple aliases. Got to the point most of the regulars got fed up and came here.