• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PRESEASON THREAD

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably worthy of its own thread, but please note.

DA Beard is back!

Can't get the link to copy over from this browser for some reason but multiple sources reporting it.

It does appear that Brett was in the picture all along...as soon as AZ inquired about his services after losing Dockett for the season to injury...the Steelers made an offer and Keisel accepted.

What this says to me...#1 one of the young DEs is likely not going to make the 53...#2 the FO feels strongly enough about this team making a playoff run that having leadership and experience on the DL will help these young guys.

To be honest I'm a little surprised because they waited as long as they did...I'm all for the youth movement, but still confident Tuitt will get plenty of snaps as I think they're looking at Brett as a rotation guy and I think Tuitt will get to learn from one of the best!

Good deal!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree!

Hate to see a young up & comer get their flame burnt out when they were ALL having a strong camp & preseason. But like I said in the other thread… All of them are PS eligible so lets hope somebody doesn't gobble them up! Also helps that the league just increased all practice squads from 8 to 10 players! Which means there won't be nearly as much movement.

For those that don't know the cutting & PS process… Before a player can be signed to the practice squad they must be cut and go through a period of time on waivers. Once said player has cleared waivers, meaning nobody signed them, the team that cut them gets first dibs to sign them to their PS. I think the rule states that if a team want to sign a player off waivers that they MUST sign them to their 53 man roster for (I think) 3 days. And if they want to place them on their PS, they would have to cut them and the player would have to clear waivers yet again. It's hard for a team to want to do that when ALL of these PS-eligible FA's have zero regular season playtime experience. Because more often than not, a coach or GM will want the experience over the developmental project type player.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on the 3rd game…

Well… I think I can sum up the entire performance with one word… Sad

Offense… Run game looked somewhat good. Not great, but good. Passing game looked very disconnected. Lots of missed blocks, bad route running, and bad passes. It was only when the 1st team offense went up against their 2nd team defense when good things started to happen. Wheaton had a lackluster performance with bad route running and even looked off-page with the QB more than a few times. Ben had a lot of bad passes, and clearly looked frustrated. Sad!

Defense… Just awful all around. The secondary was very grab-happy and drew flags all game. The defensive line looked pathetic. McLendon was dominated, Tuitt looked out of such, and Cam Thomas' showing was not even worthy of a practice squad position. Linebackers were out of sych as well. Shazier had a "rookie" night, often looking lost. Worilds & JJ were nowhere to be seen outside of a few plays. Then Worilds & Spence both went down to knee injuries… SAD!

Only highlights were Antonio Brown & Heath Miller. Both look poised for big seasons! But this was a pretty bad game for both sides. I sure as hell hope that this showing tonight was not an indicator of what is to come. I have faith that they can turn this around.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more Face. Don't really have much to add to that.

It definitely made me sad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3....distraction my ass...they just looked shitty...not much positive to take from it either, but I think we can see why Brett was brought back...the DEF hasn't looked particularly in any game yet.

The OFC just looked off...Face knows this...I've had reservations about Wheaton from the get go...while some of that was cured in the 2nd game...last night brought those back my concerns...Clearly Haley wanted to get him some touches...timing was not good and he dropped one he definitely has to bring in...I figured they would feature the run game in the this one and I liked what I saw there.

Although I'm not a huge Foles guy...he is solid, I can't be too concerned about him making good throws, but Sanchez came in and lit up the 1st team DEF too...that pissed me off.

Taking the glass half full approach...Spence knee was not the same one, Worilds may not be that bad...sit these guy next week and get them ready for CLE....imo 10-6 is still a feasible record but they're going to have to protect the homefield something fierce to get that done, because I fear they're not going to be a great road team this season.

Look for the healthy guys to play better for whatever amount of time Tomlin gives them vs CAR.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sad" is one word to describe last night's Steeler performance.

There are a lot of words I would use that aren't printable :censored: but here are the cleans ones that came to mind. Flat, lisless, lifeless, out of sync, unprepared to play, outplayed in all phases of the game, disscombobulated!!! Ugh!!!!!!! :gaah: :mad: