• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #3 NE Patriots vs Tennessee Titans Friday August 25, 2023 8:15 PM (NFLN)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How difficult is it to stop a practice and say, "I'll stop every play and we'll be out here until midnight without a break until you all start talking to each other."

I could be wrong but I don't think NFLPA rules allow for that.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be watching. Wondering how bad or good the team looks before facing the Eagles in 2 weeks. I know … preseason, blah, blah.
Go Pats!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush-D and run game was good off the start, which is good sign, no passing game by design? Pure vanilla, give nothing away.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impressed with the offense.

First quarter defense was good and only gave a up 6.

Zappe looks lost.. Have toturn on that mental alarm clock. Twice he started moving forward and could have run. Twice he stopped for one more look downfield and twice he got sacked. Fumble was just a case of not putting the ball away.

McSorely is worse than a garbage QB. He just can't play the position.

Down here in Florida we're getting the Titans broadcasters. Hlf of the pqatriots TD srive wasn't shown while the Titan;'s had some front office guy talking about the new stadium, PSLs and other stuff. Most everything was a replay and not live.

I think Malik Cunningham will get a chance to cement his spot on the roster as a WR/QB/ST and McSorely will have to find a civilian job.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zappe looks lost.. Have toturn on that mental alarm clock. Twice he started moving forward and could have run. Twice he stopped for one more look downfield and twice he got sacked. Fumble was just a case of not putting the ball away.

Down here in Florida we're getting the Titans broadcasters. Hlf of the pqatriots TD srive wasn't shown while the Titan;'s had some front office guy talking about the new stadium, PSLs and other stuff. Most everything was a replay and not live.

I think Malik Cunningham will get a chance to cement his spot on the roster as a WR/QB/ST and McSorely will have to find a civilian job.
I feel they brought nothing of offense on purpose and were testing runners, which was a bright spot. Pure vanilla. Defense looked ready from the start too. Good enough, get ready for the season opener.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 8mpressed in the fourth quarter by two guys that must have been signed completely under the radar.

#17 Scotty Washington WR 6'5" had a great catch at very end of the game.
#72 Micah Vanderpool OT 6'6" 315 No one that he was blocking got by him.

#43 Calvin Munson LB Had a nice INT
#51 Ronnie Perkins LB seem to be in on a lot of the tackles on running plays

#13 Jack Jones CB Seemed like he was outplayed or beaten everywhere. Maybe a couple of months in the can will get his head where it belongs.

#4 Bailey Zappe Totally inaccurate . Behind, in front and over the head of WRs all night.

Tuesday is the cut down day. There are about 60 guys on this 90 man roster that have to be worried whether or no they'll have a job come Thursday night.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure is quiet in here...................................

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a Zappe guy. Always felt Jones was much better. But the o-line couldn’t block at all. Pass or run. He never had a chance.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got the Titans broadcast too. We were royally pissed.
After the talking heads yakked for 2 quarters, they switched over to the 49ers game.
Surprise! They showed 3 talking heads for 3 quarters on that game too!
You may have noticed the pitch for going to NFL+ to see the entire game?
This is not an oversight. Expect more of this in tonights games.

Zappe proved he is not ready for prime time.
Our rookie O'lineman had some good plays but playing together rather than backing up starters, they looked lost.
Some players cut themselves in this game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a Zappe guy. Always felt Jones was much better. But the o-line couldn’t block at all. Pass or run. He never had a chance.
I have been a Zappe guy from the beginning. Never thought he was anywhere near ready to start!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game was not so bad, IMO

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run blocking was non-existent.
Titans knew what we are going to do.
Patriots sais, "too bad" make a play or get cut.......
I'd agree with this. During the season BB's strategy is to put them in a position to succeed while also putting players in a position where the team gets benefit from each players strengths. Preseason is only about putting players in a position to make plays, then see what they do with their opportunities.