• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict the B1G

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 who knows, you lost on a fluky play but you let the hang in the game
2015 probably, I would give you the nod despite everything stacked in your favor and you choked it away
2014 obviously, you won the natty
2013 nope
2012 definitely, couldn't win because you used ineligible players in 2010
2011 nope
2010 nope, lost to Wisconsin who lost to MSU.
Yup, pretty much this.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM has signed 3 top 100 recruits at CB in the last two year -- 2016 we signed 2 of the top 12 CB's in the country with David Long and Lavert Hill. This past year we signed Ambry Thomas and Benjamin St. Juste -- St. Juste doesn't have the flashy ranking, but he is the guy who completely shut down Grimes at the Opening in the 7 on 7.

Talent isn't the issue at CB. Experience is. And with that being said -- Who is OSU going to throw the ball to? Curtis Samuel was the only guy who could get open for them and he is gone. PSU's top WR is gone, he just visited with the Lions.

Everyone is going to have issues. The reason OSU is the favorite is JT Barrett. Nothing about PSU worries me. UM struggled to run on many teams last year. We ran for like 500 yards On PSU and our OL wasn't that good.
No he didn't. You bring up that 7 on 7 constantly, as if it somehow means because there were some michigan players on the team that won that instantly it means they're going to be the best recruits in the nation. This is just ridiculous.

Who's OSU gonna throw to? Last year, Bin Victor was the best WR on the team not named Samuel, but our idiotic former OC didn't like letting freshmen play. Demario McCall will get plenty of looks in the slot, and has been shown electric playmaking ability on more than one occasion. We also have senior Marcus Baugh at TE, who is a fantastic pass-catcher who was never utilized under Beck. Then there's Parris Campbell (currently projected on walterfootball.com as a late 1st rounder in 2018), KJ Hill, Terry McClaurin, along with plenty of other talented guys who were stifled by our awful OC. Kevin Wilson has proven that he knows how to air it out everywhere he goes (remember what his offense did to michigan just a couple years ago when he was at Indiana?). Most of all, Urban has had 0 trouble developing playmakers in his years at OSU at the offensive skill positions. We'll be fine, to put it lightly.

The reason OSU is the favorite is because they're the most overwhelmingly talented team in the conference and returns a ton of talent. Barrett isn't even the best QB on the roster. Hell, he might be 3rd.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C-MzvaQWAAAR4DL.jpg:large

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he didn't. You bring up that 7 on 7 constantly, as if it somehow means because there were some michigan players on the team that won that instantly it means they're going to be the best recruits in the nation. This is just ridiculous.

Who's OSU gonna throw to? Last year, Bin Victor was the best WR on the team not named Samuel, but our idiotic former OC didn't like letting freshmen play. Demario McCall will get plenty of looks in the slot, and has been shown electric playmaking ability on more than one occasion. We also have senior Marcus Baugh at TE, who is a fantastic pass-catcher who was never utilized under Beck. Then there's Parris Campbell (currently projected on walterfootball.com as a late 1st rounder in 2018), KJ Hill, Terry McClaurin, along with plenty of other talented guys who were stifled by our awful OC. Kevin Wilson has proven that he knows how to air it out everywhere he goes (remember what his offense did to michigan just a couple years ago when he was at Indiana?). Most of all, Urban has had 0 trouble developing playmakers in his years at OSU at the offensive skill positions. We'll be fine, to put it lightly.

The reason OSU is the favorite is because they're the most overwhelmingly talented team in the conference and returns a ton of talent. Barrett isn't even the best QB on the roster. Hell, he might be 3rd.

Not to point out the obvious, but didn't you just get done telling Maize the backups were backups for a reason and if they were better than the starters, the coach is a moron?

OSU had one guy who could get separation last year -- it was Curtis Samuel. He is gone. So you have their backups playing. And the other thing you mentioned is -- they will be inexperienced. Trust me when I say this. If Bin Victor was even remotely close to being OSU's " best WR" he would have been on the field when OSU's offense was scoring 3 points in regulation the last two games.

And to say Barrett isn't your best QB is insane. I'm all about cheering on my team, but you are basically saying Meyer can't figure out who the best players are.

I bring up the 7 on 7 because OSU's recruits were all on one team with Martell, Grimes and at the time Lindsey. UM's recruits were all on one team with 11 guys, including St Juste and Ambry Thomas. OSU was shut out 14-0. I bring it up because it shows you how little the rankings mean. OSU's squad also had the #1 WR for 2018 Jalen Hall and CB's were Jeffrey Okudah and Patrick Surtain (#1 CB for 2018).

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to some meeeechegan fans.
The same MI fans that thought RR and Hoke were the second coming?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they've only won 1 B1G championship over the last 7 years, so I guess they have managed to lose almost every year. :suds:
And still the best team in the B1G every year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said. They are the best and just have a bad game here and there.

No offense, but if you are the best, you don't have bad games every year. And if you've only won 1 B1G title more than Michigan in the last 7 years. That isn't good.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but if you are the best, you don't have bad games every year. And if you've only won 1 B1G title more than Michigan in the last 7 years. That isn't good.
So most agree Bama has been the best in the last 8 or 9 years. Guess how many undefeated season they have had in that time span.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So most agree Bama has been the best in the last 8 or 9 years. Guess how many undefeated season they have had in that time span.

And Alabama has won the SEC 4 of the last 5 years. No offense, but prior to this past year, the B1G and SEC conferences weren't even remotely comparable too.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know who is in the Big Ten anymore they've added so many teams now.

But this is sorta out the Big Ten will shape out.

Harbaugh and Michigan will dominate headlines starting now until November, making everyone think Michigan is really damn good since they continue to get converage. Ohio State will win the conference. Penn State will be good, not great, but a thorn in everyone side and come away with like a 10-3 record. Oh and of course Wisconsin will win their obligated 10 win season but be forgotten the whole way.

Obligatory. The word you were looking for was obligatory, you ill-educated, hayseed dullard.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you work for a union, so that was implied.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Michigan fans say they never liked RR and Hoke.

I liked (past tense) RichRod and how could you not like Brady Hoke, but I am very please with Harbaugh. I would not trade Harbaugh for Urban or Saban even though they have had much more success.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked (past tense) RichRod and how could you not like Brady Hoke, but I am very please with Harbaugh. I would not trade Harbaugh for Urban or Saban even though they have had much more success.
RR I saw he might have had a vision if he could get recruiting down and actually have somewhat of a hybrid version of his offense to ease in and not totally blow the thing up from day 1. Hoke, on the other hand, I knew was a buffoon from day 1.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am learning that winning the conference DOESN'T actually mean you are the best of the conference. Who knew...:noidea: