• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pre-Game USC @ 14 Notre Dame

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so this is just a Pre-Game Thread about talk for this game... its gonna be a big one!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like SC.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to Sark's issues, Max Tuerk is out for the rest of the year with a sprained knee. While I hate SC, I really do hate hearing about a kid getting injured. I have no idea how good Tuerk's backup is, but I see ND sending all kinds of blitz packages at SC to test this kid to see if he works well with the rest of the O-line.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know the Keys to the game will be our Secondary vs. their Passing game. I suppose pressure on Kessler will be important, the more time he has to sit in the pocket, the worse it'll be for us. I see Russell and Luke being quite busy... who gets to guard Juju?

I don't suspect we're going to have a ton of issues on offense, other than our normal issues. Didn't we have a lineman go down against Navy? Left Guard? I think Martin left for a few plays too.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd better ear-hole these guys after the week they're having. I'd like to see that. This is basically a playoff elimination game for both teams, although moreso us than them, because they can still win the Pac 12.

But as I said before, we are more likely to knock a 3 loss USC team that we beat from the playoffs, than a Clemson team we lost to. Kelly had better have them ready from the opening snap.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I've been nice to them. Now I'm back to just wanting to beat the snot out of them. With turek out, we need to keep Kessler on the run to keep the pressure off the corners.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC just lost their coach. What is it with USC. Since pete they have hired some questionable Head Coaches.

We need this win. I think ND will show up for this one.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need this win. I think ND will show up for this one.

I am ambivilent. I don't know what is in the heart of the USC players. They seem to fold when you punch them in the mouth, but its also hard to know if the team's malaise is the result of drunky being at the helm, and now that he's out of the picture, that they'll rally. I wouldn't expect too much change in offense, since the OC is now interim head coach, we'll see what kind of institutional control they have. USC has 5* atheletes. What they may not have is 5* football players, and yes, there is a difference.

But I am also concerned that this has a 2011 feel to it. Big recruiting weekened hyped up, and then got run over by a USC team in a similar situation, with its season starting to go south. GAIIIs KO return is the only thing that kept us in that game at all, and even in the end, Kiffin took his foot off the gas, and it seemed like Kelly was willing to let him so as not to be further embarassed.

I'll just to go back to what I said at the beginning of the season, there are no more excuses. This is a rivalry game and should be treated as such. Yes, the drunk idiot is gone, but remember what that drunk idiot said, "ND Sucks." If these guys don't want to come out and put a pasting on them regardless of who the head coach is, I don't know what to say.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ambivilent. I don't know what is in the heart of the USC players. They seem to fold when you punch them in the mouth, but its also hard to know if the team's malaise is the result of drunky being at the helm, and now that he's out of the picture, that they'll rally. I wouldn't expect too much change in offense, since the OC is now interim head coach, we'll see what kind of institutional control they have. USC has 5* atheletes. What they may not have is 5* football players, and yes, there is a difference.

But I am also concerned that this has a 2011 feel to it. Big recruiting weekened hyped up, and then got run over by a USC team in a similar situation, with its season starting to go south. GAIIIs KO return is the only thing that kept us in that game at all, and even in the end, Kiffin took his foot off the gas, and it seemed like Kelly was willing to let him so as not to be further embarassed.

I'll just to go back to what I said at the beginning of the season, there are no more excuses. This is a rivalry game and should be treated as such. Yes, the drunk idiot is gone, but remember what that drunk idiot said, "ND Sucks." If these guys don't want to come out and put a pasting on them regardless of who the head coach is, I don't know what to say.

I disagree that this has the feeling of 2011, that Notre Dame team wasn't nearly as talented as this one.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This better not be another 2011 'quitting' Irish Kelly game. I was so disgusted after that one I wanted to punch Kelly in the bawlz.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark officially canned now.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This better not be another 2011 'quitting' Irish Kelly game. I was so disgusted after that one I wanted to punch Kelly in the bawlz.

I would prefer you never reference this game again. I was there and I agree that Kelly quit. This was the second worse game I ever saw, including two losses to Navy one to Connecticut and one to South Florida.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it could be good or bad. Either they'll circle the wagon and play better or the distraction will drag them down, hopefully it drags them down this week and then they play better the rest of the season and spoil the PAC12 from getting into the playoffs.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cold weather might have more of an impact than Sark being gone.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I go to this game thinking no way SC wins. A couple of times I knew it was a good chance or at least 50-50 but with Max going down it could get ugly. Might be the same score as last year but in reverse.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I go to this game thinking no way SC wins. A couple of times I knew it was a good chance or at least 50-50 but with Max going down it could get ugly. Might be the same score as last year but in reverse.
What's the word on Kessler. They were saying he had concussion symptoms. He took a lot of shots (some cheap ones too) from Washington.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I hope you are right this week and then they turn the corner and spoil things for everyone else in the PAC12.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the word on Kessler. They were saying he had concussion symptoms. He took a lot of shots (some cheap ones too) from Washington.

I hear hes ok but he's been playing like crap latley. Back to staring down the receiver and going to the .number one even if hes covered and others are open. No way SC is going to win pounding the ball. Only chance is to get it to JuJu and Adoree often .