• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postseason: Virginia Tech v Rutgers in the Russell Athletic Bowl (12/28/2012)

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<---- Will not buy bowl tickets from school until appropriate coaching adjustments have been made.

And don't think I'm one of 'those' fans. I've been to 5 of our last 7 bowl games

But it will probably be whatever that game in Orlando is called now

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for El Paso on the condition that we leave Newsome, O'Cain, and Stiney in the desert.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think y'all will be in Orlando. I don't see them taking NC State and their interim coach, a 6-7 triple option team, or Duke.

Atlanta - Clemson
Orlando - VT
El Paso - GT (if given a waiver)
Charlotte - NC State
Nashville - Duke (unless bowls can get out of the ACC tie in)

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think y'all will be in Orlando. I don't see them taking NC State and their interim coach, a 6-7 triple option team, or Duke.

Atlanta - Clemson
Orlando - VT
El Paso - GT (if given a waiver)
Charlotte - NC State
Nashville - Duke (unless bowls can get out of the ACC tie in)

This is how I see it too.....probably vs Louisville.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when you say we play Louisville, you're just saying you project Rutgers to win the big east so we play #2? Really would rather play rutgers, I just think they are more high profile. In terms of prestige, does it really matter whether we go to the Sun vs. Russell, etc? or is it really just all about the match up. I know that sounds like a novice question.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get to play USC or Vanderbilt. I really don't want to play another Big East team; we've played two this year.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... was kinda hoping for the Military Bowl in DC. Even closer than the FedEx Field games.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I might make the trip to Orlando, if that's where they end up. There are worse places to go.

I don't like the coaching decisions either, but I'll support VT's bowl. If I don't go, I'll watch in on TV.

I've got to believe Beamer realizes that he has some big changes to make.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the bowl selection committee like the one for the Sun bowl really pick a GT team that has to have a waiver* to be in a bowl over VT? Do GT fans even travel to bowl games such as one like the Sun / Music City Bowl?

*Assumes GT loses to FSU in the ACCCG

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Orlando has the first pick out of those left. Barring total catastrophe (GT winning), that's where we'll end up. If FSU loses, obviously, FSU and Clemson will be headed to Atlanta and Orlando.

I think there are new rules in place that, if GT loses, bowl committees must go by regarding their choices. If they have other options, I could see the Sun Bowl passing the ACC by if possible. We'll be in Orlando or Charlotte IMO (I think the Music City Bowl gets last choice)

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASHVILLE PLEASE TIMES A MILLION!!!

i wanna be there for new years. I would be 50/50 on going to orlando. But 100 percent committed to nashville. Fuck the sun bowl, and shitty el paso. I still dont see how they still have a bowl game.

I feel that many Hokies agree with most, if not all of the above.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlando has the first pick out of those left. Barring total catastrophe (GT winning), that's where we'll end up. If FSU loses, obviously, FSU and Clemson will be headed to Atlanta and Orlando.

I think there are new rules in place that, if GT loses, bowl committees must go by regarding their choices. If they have other options, I could see the Sun Bowl passing the ACC by if possible. We'll be in Orlando or Charlotte IMO (I think the Music City Bowl gets last choice)

The sun bowl is required to take a division "champion" from the ACC if they're still available. However, gt would have to get a waiver

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i wanna be there for new years. I would be 50/50 on going to orlando. But 100 percent committed to nashville. Fuck the sun bowl, and shitty el paso. I still dont see how they still have a bowl game.

Yea I hear you Matt and I would probably head to that game as well. However the competition would be shitty. I would love for us to get USC again. :kk:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you guys arent realizing is that this is 2012 Hokie football, not what we are usually accustomed to. We cant look at matchups with other teams as that critical, because whether we play Louisville in Orlando, USC in El Paso, or Ole Miss/Vandy in Nashville, we arent going to win.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you realize the realistic possibility of going to Nashville, i think most fans would rather go to a bowl game in Orlando than in El Paso, and its going to be one of those, or Charlotte.

I cannot imagine any bowl selection committee that chooses Duke over Virginia Tech, regardless of the season Virginia Tech had. Nashville gets the last choose of ACC bowl teams, and thats only if Georgia Tech is given a waiver to even play in a bowl game. I think Charlotte would take VT over Duke if it came down to that because basketball season has started and i can't imagine a bowl thinking Duke will bring half the fans that VT will.