• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Postseason: Virginia Tech v Rutgers in the Russell Athletic Bowl (12/28/2012)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these half vodka half cranberry juice drinks in a 12 oz cup will be the death of me one day but they are sooo good

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple more thoughts.

I bet Tweedy earned himself an NFL camp invite in the spring

This best sums up VT's offensive strategy; "This makes no sense to me"- Matt Millen.

Matt Millen, the same guy who drafted WR after WR and ran the Lions into the ground, is confused by your ineptitude.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly. But i'll take it

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Hughes punted 79 times this season, tying Bill Renner's record set in 1982. His 11 vs. Rutgers was three shy of VT's record of 14 in a game set in 1968.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone find a picture of Logan Thomas with his knee down and he has control of the ball? It seemed pretty clear to me; I was really surprised when they didn't review it.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone find a picture of Logan Thomas with his knee down and he has control of the ball? It seemed pretty clear to me; I was really surprised when they didn't review it.

Agree. It was quite obvious to me his knee and ball were touching the ground at the same time BEFORE he fumbled. Comentators and an "expert" came up with some bullshit excuse. There were alot of calls that went against us last night that I didn't agree with (personal foul by the punter--weak, running into the punter by Fuller--flop, neutral zone infraction by Taylor and several PI interference calls...just to name a few). There were alot of penalties that were legit though. No excuses. Lucky to pull this one out.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. It was quite obvious to me his knee and ball were touching the ground at the same time BEFORE he fumbled. Comentators and an "expert" came up with some bullshit excuse. There were alot of calls that went against us last night that I didn't agree with (personal foul by the punter--weak, running into the punter by Fuller--flop, neutral zone infraction by Taylor and several PI interference calls...just to name a few). There were alot of penalties that were legit though. No excuses. Lucky to pull this one out.

IIRC, that was an extremely legit call, though it would've been bs if they'd called roughing the punter.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the right call on the fumble vs safety. But it was close. I am dumbstruck that they didn't even review it though. I thought every scoring play was reviewed, wtf?

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played awful, but that refereeing might have outdone us. The PI against Fuller was meh, but to then to not call it on our first drive when Corey Fuller had one arm completely pulled down was ridiculous. Their touchdown was also shit. There is absolutely no doubt that he was down before he fumbled. They slowed it down a million times. His knee was down and the ball was still gripped in his hand. There were a few other crap calls that are less vivid now, but these two were the most ridiculous.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played awful, but that refereeing might have outdone us. The PI against Fuller was meh, but to then to not call it on our first drive when Corey Fuller had one arm completely pulled down was ridiculous. Their touchdown was also shit. There is absolutely no doubt that he was down before he fumbled. They slowed it down a million times. His knee was down and the ball was still gripped in his hand. There were a few other crap calls that are less vivid now, but these two were the most ridiculous.

His arm was pulled down and the guy never turned for the ball, it was awful. That and them not getting called for intentional grounding when the ball landed a yard short of the LOS...

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

After watching the rest of the game I wasn't surprised they didn't review it. It's a shame bias and corruption are a part of the game sometimes

BeachNHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the right call on the fumble vs safety. But it was close. I am dumbstruck that they didn't even review it though. I thought every scoring play was reviewed, wtf?

I thought it was close in real time. In a review it was obvious that he controlled the ball and had a knee down. It was criminal that that play was not looked at by the booth.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man were we lucky to pull one out. Lost in the majority of categories except for the score it seems. A fitting offensive performance for the season. Very poor discipline and management, and it stunk up the rest of the team. Now it's time to fix all that.

Defense was great. Could have had a couple more INTs but Exum got a huge one, and 3/21 on 3rd downs is obviously fantastic. 4th down stop was big early, and ofcourse the sack in OT won the game.

Hughes was solid all night. It seems like such a small contribution in most games. I think it was a big factor in Orlando. When you can beat the other team by 6 yards over double digit punts, that's 60ish yards difference in field position. It was enough that Rutgers hardly threatened to score after 10-0.

Citris Bowl is more of a dump than I had envisioned.

All said, atleast we got to end a bad season with a bowl win. We don't get enough of those.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought it was funny how the first 2 plays foreshadowed what was to come for the entire night. Newsome's players fucking things up, LT being LT, and the refs showing their bias towards Rutgers. You even had the prototypical Beamer response to watching a bad offense...the who farted look. How about some action like challenging the call or firing some people?